• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggie_Saiyan

This well weird but I just re-started my Sun wonderlocke (hadn;t had internet for a while so lost hype for WL for a bit) and I am getting nostalgic while playing the game... so weird. Gen 7 maybe my favourite gen so far and if US/UM deliver I think that will cement it, the music, the gameplay, the story, the Pokemon designs, the region this has everything.

CrimsonAce777

Not sure who at game freak thought letting tapu fini have aqua ring was a good idea, but I just want to thank you. You've basically made it uncatchable... it always sets up in the first 5 turns, and you can't status it out of aqua ring either, because of misty terrain... ugh. I have soft reset so many times... thanks for literally nothing GF, legendaries weren't already hard enough without healing moves that heal every turn, and an ability that prevents you from sleeping them until turn 6. Fml.

Anyone have any suggestions? Because short of like snatching aqua ring or something, i don't see a way around it.

BCVM22

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Master Ball
  • Timer Ball
  • Grass- or Electric-type that can keep taking off large chunks of HP at a time
  • Don't catch it at all?

Because short of like snatching aqua ring or something, i don't see a way around it.

I mean... I assume your assertion isn't actually that it's impossible to catch, because I assume further that you know that isn't the case. Catching it is a chore, certainly, but it's certainly not "uncatchable."

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not sure who at game freak thought letting tapu fini have aqua ring was a good idea, but I just want to thank you. You've basically made it uncatchable... it always sets up in the first 5 turns, and you can't status it out of aqua ring either, because of misty terrain... ugh. I have soft reset so many times... thanks for literally nothing GF, legendaries weren't already hard enough without healing moves that heal every turn, and an ability that prevents you from sleeping them until turn 6. Fml.

Anyone have any suggestions? Because short of like snatching aqua ring or something, i don't see a way around it.
Have a few pokémon on your team that know Hypnosis & Disable. That way, you'll be able to prevent it from using Aqua Ring. Afterwards, use either an Ultra Ball, a Timer Ball, or a Dusk Ball

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
^I caught mine using a Tapu Koko and Pheromosa that knew False Swipe and also Nature's Madness and the Tapu Z-Move. It works pretty well as you keep lowering the health without worrying about KOs.

CrimsonAce777

Thanks for all the tips!

I caught it. I had to sacrifice Raichu to do it, so Butterfree gota safe swap in but I caught it. Suprisingly it didn't set up aqua ring until I had already slept it 2x... but by then butterfree had 2 quiver dances up. So it's attacks were doing nothing, and it was getting outsped. (Butterfree has keen eyes and sleep powder, I figured this was the safest option since all other sleep inducing moves have really low accuracies.)

And yes, it was just a chore and I was frustrated. I had soft reset tapu bulu like 15x before that, because I kept killing it with Ice attacks trying to lower it's hp enough to false swipe it without it taking 50 turns XD. On the brightside lele only took 2 tries, and koko took one. If I ever restart this game, forget necrozma, fini is def getting the masterball. Lol

Now to grind out levels painstakingly so I can get the pokedex done and start breeding for shinies with good IVs XD

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
SOS chaining for shinies is so much more difficult than I had anticipated. I've only done it once before, for Cutiefly, and got lucky on the 96th try I believe? Last night I had to break a chain at 167 without any success, and I'm trying tonight. Maybe I should try to get the shiny charm before I do it again, although the change in odds may not be worth it when there's more than a 50% chance of having had an encounter at just 4 full chains without the charm.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I never tried to SOS for any Shinies yet. Just rare Pokémon and I got pretty lucky a few times where a rare SOS Pokémon appeared. The fastest for me was an Eevee calling for help successfully twice and an Umbreon popping up. It took longer to catch it than for it to show up. I got a Mareanie after eight calls and a Castform after seven.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well that was a horrible Global Mission...
I guess I'm not getting a Fast Ball.

So do we know what the next one is yet?
I'm thankful we at least get the 4,000 FC even if we didn't get a score.... this was the first time I never scored for the Global Mission. I only bothered checking cause I was activating the Mega Stone code at the time.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Turns out that was the last global mission for SM. Shocked they ended this early.

7/9 missions completed isn't that bad. Great job everyone. :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Sayanora, Global the Mission.

I hope we will see you again in USUM.

Edit: So long, Mega Stones.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Shame that they never decided to host the catching Crabrawler mission. That would've been an interesting yet arbitrary one. :(

And yes, I hope also that they do return in USUM. Yay for more Festival Plaza fun! :D

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Yup. Let's kill S&M support. Let's make people migrate to the new versions.

...But there's still more time for at least three more missions, though.

I would really struggle to characterize this as "killing support." All other Festival Plaza and online services will be on and available for the foreseeable future, and it makes sense that these big special events will focus on the most recent entries in the series. There may be time for more, but they could probably use that time to focus all their resources on development for the last stages of the new games. I understand your frustrations, but it's just a natural consequence of where we are in the life cycle.

CrimsonAce777

SOS chaining for shinies is so much more difficult than I had anticipated. I've only done it once before, for Cutiefly, and got lucky on the 96th try I believe? Last night I had to break a chain at 167 without any success, and I'm trying tonight. Maybe I should try to get the shiny charm before I do it again, although the change in odds may not be worth it when there's more than a 50% chance of having had an encounter at just 4 full chains without the charm.

I've had more luck just finding the shiny at random (like the alolan Geodude (aptly nicknamed sparkles) I found while trying to find an elekid.) than I have with chaining for one. I'm gonna try with the charm now that I have it, so we will see if it works Ig? I hope the chaining thing works, since it isn't as difficult as pokeradar or dex nav, although I enjoyed Dex nav quiet a bit. I feel like I should stock up on, nest, repeat, and timer balls before I do this tho... lol

I'm more worried I'll kill the shiny than I am about actually finding one tho ahah

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Checked with GameStop today, Salazzle Pokémon cards are there and street date for promo starts on the 14th. I'm in SoCal, just fyi.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
HP Fire Tapu Lele will be the death of me.

Actually HP fire on legendaries in general is a horrendous waiting game. Why can't can't Synchronize just guarantee a nature? :/

EDIT: My luck must have been off the roof today, it only took about 4hrs lmao. This just doesn't feel right...

Last edited:

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
Checked with GameStop today, Salazzle Pokémon cards are there and street date for promo starts on the 14th. I'm in SoCal, just fyi.

Oooh! I'm actually kind of excited for that event. Salazzle is a great pokemon, and I could RNG manipulate it to have 6ivs easy so I won't have to breed a comp one (I bred a perfect one once but it was male!!!)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I may join the No Holds Barred tourney to get the free Battle Points though it is shame you can't change Pokémon natures on a whim since I would like to use some of the Mythical Pokémon (the ones I got from the events last year probably have horrible natures). Those looking to shoot for high rankings may face an uphill battle by virtual of Japanese players being the only ones with legal access to Marshadow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.