• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, CoroCoro said they'll be the host for an exclusive scoop next month, but I definitely think that the new info will only be about a page's worth so they can cover movie and this month's stuff.

Hauke_von_Arding

Well, they didn't specifically state that it was coming from them, specifically.

I actually think Pokémon made them delay the information from the trailer to next month's issue simply because they didn't want them leaking earlier than the trailer's release.

THIS! They never said the big scoop would be in the CoroCoro. They promised a big scoop... nothing more. We got the big scoop but not in the CoroCoro. The CoroCoro wasn't lying.

Creyk

THIS! They never said the big scoop would be in the CoroCoro. They promised a big scoop... nothing more. We got the big scoop but not in the CoroCoro. The CoroCoro wasn't lying.

Well what it revealed would have been a big scoop if the trailers weren't randomly uploaded like that beforehand

Hauke_von_Arding

Well what it revealed would have been a big scoop if the trailers weren't randomly uploaded like that beforehand

If I understand it correctly the CoroCoro leaks revealed nothing.
But as I said... they never said that they would reveal something, just that something would be revealed... and this happened with the trailer.

Hauke_von_Arding

It revealed that they were revealing something next month? Not exactly a big scoop...

Again... There WAS a big scoop this month. Did they even promise the big scoop would be in the CoroCoro? I'm pretty sure they did mean the trailer with big scoop. They never said the big scoop would be in the magazine right?

Again... There WAS a big scoop this month. Did they even promise the big scoop would be in the CoroCoro? I'm pretty sure they did mean the trailer with big scoop. They never said the big scoop would be in the magazine right?

I was talking about what this month's issue revealed.

They were saying the content we had this month would have been a big scoop, but all we had regarding SM was a promise of an exclusive big scoop next month.

You literally agreed with me, what, 20 minutes ago?

Orphalesion

Ahh, okay, I wasn't too sure on that part there. All they did was a tease at Box Art right? I wouldn't quite call that information. I'd call it minor S/M coverage at best, but that doesn't quite matter anymore.

Yeah, it is all pretty dodgy right now. I hope I didn't come over like snapping at you, I just generally try to keep misinformation down (comes with the field of being a teacher I guess) because it just tends to lead to disappointment and upset people.

I'm not sure what is going on with Coro-Coro I have theory, but that again is just me guessing at things. Bottom line is it all seems pretty dodgy by now.

I was talking about what this month's issue revealed.

They were saying the content we had this month would have been a big scoop, but all we had regarding SM was a promise of an exclusive big scoop next month.

You literally agreed with me, what, 20 minutes ago?

They never said it'd be in CoroCoro :v

Anyway, how it's been going is:

March(?): We're gonna start featuring Sun/Moon!
April: Here's blurred out box art! We technically said what we're going to do! Big scoop next month!
May: There was a big scoop! It just wasn't in the magazine! We're hosting a big scoop next month!

So yeah, next month will be the start of actual CoroCoro info. But I'm feeling it'll only be a page's worth so they can cover this month's stuff as well.

Maybe starter evos, since they'd mesh well with the info we got now? It'd be a bit odd, but they've broken several patterns and it's not like final forms are ever revealed officially before the games come out. (Leaks & CoroCoro leaking when it was meant to be out after X/Y don't count).

Arcanineblitz

Could it be that GF saw that coro coro leaked early (during x/y and ORAS hype seasons) and spoiled new info and isn't putting info for the games in it anymore and instead is having it give info on when official information will come out so that even if coro coro does leak we won't get much?

.Aerodactyl.

Eh,I'm gonna say my piece about coro-coro once and move on.

I'm not disappointed, I'm not gonna cry, but seriously, let's stop making excuses for Coro-coro. We got SuMo news elsewhere, so that's fine, but clearly, something is going on with coro-coro...perhaps they haven't had any confirmation from Game Freak before they've said they'd get coverage? I think Game Freak is really shaking up their coverage this game, trying to prevent leaks I assume. The whole "but they never said it would be in coro-coro!" Is the kind of excuse your brother says when he eats the last popsicle 'I said that you could have the popsicle, not that you could eat it.'

I don't remember a single other coro-coro issue for the last Pokémon games promising the coverage they have promised and not give it. Even the stuff from the new movie isn't new... It's like Nintendo doesn't want to give them anything. Like, it's find, we will get news when we get news, I'm not saying we need to hate and whine about coro-coro, I think we just need to stop blatantly defending it, let people vent one post, then move on. We got a lot of coverage, I thought coro-coro would just give us the starter info we already had but they didn't even do that. I'm wondering if maybe I'm mis-understanding them...perhaps they are trying to be humourous, like the box art thing.

Hauke_von_Arding

Eh,I'm gonna say my piece about coro-coro once and move on.

I'm not disappointed, I'm not gonna cry, but seriously, let's stop making excuses for Coro-coro. We got SuMo news elsewhere, so that's fine, but clearly, something is going on with coro-coro...perhaps they haven't had any confirmation from Game Freak before they've said they'd get coverage? I think Game Freak is really shaking up their coverage this game, trying to prevent leaks I assume. The whole "but they never said it would be in coro-coro!" Is the kind of excuse your brother says when he eats the last popsicle 'I said that you could have the popsicle, not that you could eat it.'

I don't remember a single other coro-coro issue for the last Pokémon games promising the coverage they have promised and not give it. Even the stuff from the new movie isn't new... It's like Nintendo doesn't want to give them anything. Like, it's find, we will get news when we get news, I'm not saying we need to hate and whine about coro-coro, I think we just need to stop blatantly defending it, let people vent one post, then move on. We got a lot of coverage, I thought coro-coro would just give us the starter info we already had but they didn't even do that. I'm wondering if maybe I'm mis-understanding them...perhaps they are trying to be humourous, like the box art thing.

We don't make excuses for CoroCoro. We just tell the facts. The CoroCoro never was lying. It were the fans who interpret their words the wrong way and got way to too hyped. The CoroCoro never said there would be bigs news in April. The fans read it that way. The CoroCoro just said there would be new informations in May... we got new informations in May. So... the CoroCoro was true. They never said the informations would be in their magazine. It were the fans agin who thought this.

So... the fans blame the CoroCoro for their own misinterpretation.

.Aerodactyl.

We don't make excuses for CoroCoro. We just tell the facts. The CoroCoro never was lying. It were the fans who interpret their words the wrong way and got way to too hyped. The CoroCoro never said there would be bigs news in April. The fans read it that way. The CoroCoro just said there would be new informations in May... we got new informations in May. So... the CoroCoro was true. They never said the informations would be in their magazine. It were the fans agin who thought this.

So... the fans blame the CoroCoro for their own misinterpretation.

Look, I think people are taking the coro-coro info way too personally. I don't think it's worth raging and hating and ruining your day over, I agree. But, I do think they are dangling our chain a bit, and telling everyone "technically they said blah blah blah..." Is just as whiny. I don't want to dwell on it, but it's also not entirely unreasonable for people to be a little disappointed. I mean, if your boss or your best friend or anyone spoke to you the way coro-coro is "next month we will look at that raise for you... Oh but I only said look! Next month we will address it...oh but I only said address! Next month there will be news about the raise...oh but I never said it was for you!" You'd call them out on it :p.

I think it's mostly just uncharacteristic of them, as in the past, the wording they have used has been accompanied by more information. While they technically aren't lying, It's still a little misleading is all I'm trying to say :) instead of fighting about what they said, or endlessly complaining about what they didn't, I just think we should vent once and get it over with. Most of us assumed the info we would have gotten in coro-coro was what they released Tuesday anyway, so I wasn't expecting anything new except maybe confirmation on the legendaries names.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I hope secret bases and soaring will return.

Aetius

We were so excited for the announcement that we failed to notice a minor and yet important detail.
Do you remember the rings on the ground that appeared around our Pokemon whenever we sent them into battle? Well, if you'll give a look at the trailer one more time, you'll see that they've disappeared, making our Pokèmon blend just fine with the surrounding environment!:D
I think it's very nice!

They never said it'd be in CoroCoro :v

Which is exactly what I was saying, and the guy even agreed with me!

You guys... -_-

We were so excited for the announcement that we failed to notice a minor and yet important detail.
Do you remember the rings on the ground that appeared around our Pokemon whenever we sent them into battle? Well, if you'll give a look to the trailer one more time, you'll see that they've disappeared, making our Pokèmon blend just fine with the surrounding environment and more!:D
I think it's very nice!

Great spot! I think the fact so few have noticed this is a testament to how natural the world feels!

Status
Not open for further replies.