• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Happy 20th Anniversary Pokémon! Pokémon Sun and Moon officially announced for a worldwide release in Holiday 2016 during today's Direct!

Described as a game with a "new world, new Pokémon and new adventures", this game has officially been slated as a release for the 3DS in Holiday 2016.

Watch the Pokémon Sun and Moon teaser, featuring trucks and what looks like a new bird Pokémon, here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

The Red/Blue/Yellow Virtual Console releases will be compatible with Sun and Moon via Pokémon Bank, but XYORAS will not be compatible with the former: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/#pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon

For additional still photos: https://m.imgur.com/account/GamingNews101/images/b7WgBln

It's heavily implied that this is a new generation; what are your thoughts and hopes on the announcement of the newest instalments in the franchise?

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My main hopes are at least 100 new pokemon (not just megas, pre evos and evos) and some new megas as well. Hopefully the story line and evil team are better and make more sense as well.

Aetius

Definitely excited for these new games!
I'm also thrilled by the idea that we will be able to transfer our Pokèmon from the virtual console games to the new ones! :D

Definitely excited for these new games!
I'm also thrilled by the idea that we will be able to transfer our Pokèmon from the virtual console games to the new ones! :D

Aetius! Haven't been present with you on a thread since the XYORAS announcements, great to have you here!
I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps we will have a region filled initially with only new Pokémon? Would give us a reason to both buy RBY on VC, and complete the Dex once again!

I'm very excited for the games!I hope Corocoro has something for us in March or at least April.

I certainly hope we get something soon. Remember, this was a Pokémon Direct and not an official Nintendo Direct, and we're overdue one of those (most likely before E3 for some news on the NX). Exciting times for the franchise again!

My main hopes are at least 100 new pokemon (not just megas, pre evos and evos) and some new megas as well. Hopefully the story line and evil team are better and make more sense as well.

couldn't agree more

Last edited:

Aetius

Aetius! Haven't been present with you on a thread since the XYORAS announcements, great to have you here!
I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps we will have a region filled initially with only new Pokémon? Would give us a reason to both buy RBY on VC, and complete the Dex once again!

Maybe it's because I didn't feel the need to add anything else to what was already said in those thread! XD
I too am glad to be able to discuss with you once more! :D
Anyway yeah, I seriously hope that we will have new Pokèmon only.
I don't want it to be like XY was....

It's already unlikely to be new Pokemon only, due to the concept art's high presence of old Pokemon.

It's already unlikely to be new Pokemon only, due to the concept art's high presence of old Pokemon.

Good point. Though, it could be like in previous game where we didn't have access to some Pokémon that others did (either way, we now have added incentive to purchase RBY on VC, like RBY on VC wasn't enough of an incentive)

Xuxuba

Well, one thing is certain. That concept doesn't remind me of Europe at all, so my theory that the next region would be based off England is dead.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Good point. Though, it could be like in previous game where we didn't have access to some Pokémon that others did (either way, we now have added incentive to purchase RBY on VC, like RBY on VC wasn't enough of an incentive)

I think it would be completely absurd... 20 year of pokemon. They are going to COMBINE all generations in one in my opinion somehow and for that they have to celebrate the existance of every single pokemon. They stated: "all comes together" !!!! ^_^

Well, one thing is certain. That concept doesn't remind me of Europe at all, so my theory that the next region would be based off England is dead.

Im still believing it would be England or UK. Tropical climate in just a pre-release screenshot doesn't means too much for me since we had a desert in the middle of a NY-based region... and i really don't know what would be the base of Lentimas Town

Shraeder

It's Lit
I'm really excited for these games. My three wishes are that I hope there will be a lot more new Pokemon added than in X and Y, only 5-10 new Megas, and that the game is more difficult than X/Y and ORAS were.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I think its actually pretty cool that the VC core titles will be compatible with PokeBank. Gen 1 had some different TMs like Bubble Beam, Metronome, Pay Day, Rage, Bide, etc. so who knows, that could cause more egg moves for certain Pokemon and such. Now GSC needs a VC release to close the loop.

Having said that, I am wholeheartedly convinced this is Gen 7, and Game Freak has become characteristically unpredictable. I'm eager to see the new starters. Game Freak has clearly increased its amount of staff or they simply have so much experience under their belt that they can churn out core titles at a much faster rate.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Okay, first of all: YAAAAAASSSSSS!

I'm so freaking excited! I hope he see the starters soon!

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I am hoping to be bombarded by new Pokemon, but I am expecting a lot of new Mega Evolution. It will probably get the same treatment to that of XY, but I am not complaining. A new generation means something to be busy and hyped about in the next three years! Seriously happy for the announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.