• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I'm guessing this game is going to be for the New Nintendo 3DS only?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I just realised something. Gen 1 had Red, Blue and Yellow. Gen 2 had Gold, Silver and Crystal. Gen 3 had Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen and Emerald. Gen 4 had Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Gen 5 had Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. Gen 6 had X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Every two generations have the same amount of games (internationally since Green was Japan only). Gen 1 and gen 2 had three games. Gen 3 and gen 4 had 5 games. Gen 5 and Gen 6 had 4 games. Seems like a pattern going on.

Also the DS shared gen 4 and gen 5 games. Gen 6 and the most likely gen 7 games are on the 3DS. This is pretty interesting.

I just realised something. Gen 1 had Red, Blue and Yellow. Gen 2 had Gold, Silver and Crystal. Gen 3 had Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen and Emerald. Gen 4 had Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Gen 5 had Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. Gen 6 had X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Every two generations have the same amount of games (internationally since Green was Japan only). Gen 1 and gen 2 had three games. Gen 3 and gen 4 had 5 games. Gen 5 and Gen 6 had 4 games. Seems like a pattern going on.

Also the DS shared gen 4 and gen 5 games. Gen 6 and the most likely gen 7 games are on the 3DS. This is pretty interesting.

The final point you make has been pointed out numerous times, but the pattern for game numbers between generations is rarely mentioned. Though, I think it is rather trivial and likely represents the nature of technology as a whole, in regards to advances leading to fewer games in a shorter space of time and so on.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I hope this game's region is more complex. I feel like caves and routes are very linear and simple, so I'd like them to be bigger/longer and have multiple paths to take so you really have the urge to explore and not just get a carpet rolled at your feet.

Another thing is that, as the titles are Sun and Moon, I'd like if they actually resorted more to day/night cycles. One of the things I liked best in gen II and remakes was coming to places at different times in the day and find different Pokémon. They could even have solar and lunar panels, like if it is sunny, the light moves something that uncovers a new path or something among those lines.

In the Pokémon department, I'm fine with whatever species they base themselves on. I never expect anything in particular, because in the end, the Pokémon is what matters, so if it is cool/cute, I don't care if it is a lion or a rat. Although, I hope they bring us some cool bugs with secondary typings such as Ice or Dragon, because Bug is so underrated :(

Anyhow, I'm very hyped and I feel like 2016 is gonna be a great year. Honestly the pre-release period might be the best period in Pokémon, because everyone is so hyped and there's speculation everywhere, specially with a new gen.

Pilpulp

美的
I'm not excited for these games at all which makes sense because I know basically next to nothing about them... Which makes it the perfect time for me to block all of the Pokemon websites and play the game without any knowledge. But I'll probably be bored during the summer and want to spend a whole day speculating about them so it probably won't work out.

However, I am excited now for the little videos they put out. Unlike X&Y even the battle scenes and all of that will be new and intriguing.

I hope they don't change up the formula too much.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm not excited for these games at all which makes sense because I know basically next to nothing about them... Which makes it the perfect time for me to block all of the Pokemon websites and play the game without any knowledge. But I'll probably be bored during the summer and want to spend a whole day speculating about them so it probably won't work out.

However, I am excited now for the little videos they put out. Unlike X&Y even the battle scenes and all of that will be new and intriguing.

You know what? That's an awesome idea. I'm gonna try to check back for the release date only.

Pilpulp

美的
You know what? That's an awesome idea. I'm gonna try to check back for the release date only.

If you can pull it off, it will probably make playing the games 10x more enjoyable. Every Pokemon will seem viable, and every area will be completely new. Also, imagine finding a mega stone for an old Pokemon and then using it for the first time yourself.

LizardonX

Banned
I honestly think that the plan was to make Z originally, but then things changed and Gamefreak chose to scrap the project and work on S&M instead, giving the stuff they had for Zygarde over to the anime and telling them to make something out of it. The stuff about wanting to end Gen VI uniquely was just them doing PR.

I was thinking of doing the same, but I doubt I'd be able to stick to it, much less after the hype and speculation I've enjoyed talking to others over the last few days. But alas, I normally tail off after the starters, Legendaries and ~20 new Pokémon are announced.

DotKU

Champion
Main series Pokémon games have NEVER before been launch titles, and there's no reason for them to start that now. We still have little idea as to what the NX is (at the very least it's a console that is replacing the Wii U), and it would make zero sense for Pokémon to Zelda TP this.

It's one thing for Nintendo to do this with Zelda Wii U. It would be a completely different thing if hypothetically Pokémon released on two different generations of consoles - which will not be happening anytime in the foreseeable future. The NX isn't even announced yet, nor do we know anything other than what "leaks" have to tell us.

And each generation NEVER skipped its third version..

But yeah the fact that the NX is so unknown is what makes believing any of this to be difficult. I was thinking maybe they would be able to connect to each other still and maybe the NX version would have an exclusive functionality feature.

Shadow XD001

And each generation NEVER skipped its third version..

All of the previous third versions greatly enhanced the games and maybe GameFreak felt that Pokémon Z wasn't much of an improvement compared to, for example, Platinum or Emerald? I feel that Pokémon is at the point where it really doesn't need a "third" version to improve on the game. Also, BW2 aren't really third versions so Gen 5 technically doesn't have one.

As long as we don't have another release like Diamond/Pearl, there is not really a need for a third version. It's almost like a retelling with minor differences.

Pilpulp

美的
I feel that Pokémon is at the point where it really doesn't need a "third" version to improve on the game.

X&Y and it's non-existent post-game says differently.

However, I'm happy with no more third versions, but a 2nd installment maybe a couple years later after initial release would be nice.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My goodness, when are we going to get some more new on Sun and Moon?

I honestly cannot wait. All I really want to know right now is the game's region location, whether or not trainer customization is returning, and if there is any connection to X & Y.

My goodness, when are we going to get some more new on Sun and Moon?

I honestly cannot wait. All I really want to know right now is the game's region location, whether or not trainer customization is returning, and if there is any connection to X & Y.

Well, we clearly weren't going to get anything on that Twitch stream (I stuck around because I thought they'd at the very least talk about Sun and Moon; instead, the hostess said she's more excited for Go...) now, were we?

Patience. We have CoroCoro to leak in the next week/week and a half, and the possibility of a Nintendo Direct at any given point (which could go on to reveal stuff about the NX at long last too). There are always Japanese TV shows and spur of the moment campaigns, too. Going to be a hectic few weeks.

alexterri

Here are my VERY early thoughts. I don't have a lot of them since honestly I don't know very much about this game right now and I haven't had much time to think a about it.

- i hope we get more info over the next couple of months.
- Why did we skip over the normal souped- up third installment we get every year? :/
- I'm guessing the player characters will be called something like Solar and Luna
- I refuse to call it S&M. I will call it SM instead
- I'm really excited for the game! I wasn't too excited for XYORAS after my lukewarm feelings towards BWB2W2, but after how surprisingly good XYORAS was, I'm hoping Gamefreak manages to make a good generation again.
- I don't need to worry about what system it's for since I have a 3DSXL

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Considering how surprised we were to see the DNA helix in the Mewtwo Mega evo sequence and afterwards in the Japanese logos

This intrigues me.

So the diamond shaped gems will probably play an integral part in the games too.

Not to mention the Pokeball comet.

Status
Not open for further replies.