• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

Here's an interesting trivia:

In Alchemy, the Sun represents Gold. While the Moon represents Silver.

Gold and Silver Re-Remakes confirmed

Someone on the NeoGaf threads also linked this where someone is talking about "a device that lets you become a Pokemon." It's probably nothing but I try not to say "it would never happen" anymore since they've surprised me (in both good and bad ways) with the last few releases. I don't really want this in the games though.

The only thing I really, really though is some way to access dog Zygarde. I can live with no Z if I end up like Sun and Moon a lot, but I would be pretty disappointed if dog Zygarde remained anime-only cause I thought that was really cool.

Considering that Zygarde 10% form can run at speeds of up to 60mph, I'd say it's more of a cheetah than a dog.

At this point I feel like there will definitely be some form of Zygarde plot, from as small as a "Z Episode" to as large as a full fledged return to Kalos. Unlike many will have you believe, this has had some great planning from Pokémon:

1. Reveal new forms. Get it out into the anime, etc.
2. Everyone expects Z (even though you've already said we won't get Z).
3. Announce completely different games for a new generation (?) so that now everyone is confused, inflicting damage on themselves (yes, that's a Pokémon pun, and no, I'm not sorry)
4. Wait for everyone to realise that this was your plan all along (they're going to tie things up in a very unique and cohesive way according to Masuda).
5. Hope step 4 didn't happen and spring Zygarde on them in the post-game of the new games, sending everyone into a Frenzy Plant state of Encores.

6. Revel in the fact that you may have just made the best tactical plot move in a Pokémon game for a while.
7. Have a KitKat (or a SkitSkat? Anyone? Skitty joke?). Take a well deserved brick break.

24. Realise you may have saved some of the best story that Kalos had to offer for the generation (?) after Kalos was introduced.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Someone on the NeoGaf threads also linked this where someone is talking about "a device that lets you become a Pokemon." It's probably nothing but I try not to say "it would never happen" anymore since they've surprised me (in both good and bad ways) with the last few releases. I don't really want this in the games though.

The only thing I really, really though is some way to access dog Zygarde. I can live with no Z if I end up like Sun and Moon a lot, but I would be pretty disappointed if dog Zygarde remained anime-only cause I thought that was really cool.

Oh, this will probably remind people of the machine that allows people to see Pokémon's dreams from Devon corps. Or the scrapped mechanic from X/Y that is supposed to allow people talk with Pokémon.

Also, this idea is not new, Clefairy Bill was a thing, after all.

The only problem I see is that such an idea would likely be a modelling nightmare, unless it is kept for specific Pokémon.

Also, hydro, most dogs can run up to 40 mph.

Gold and Silver Re-Remakes confirmed

Jokes aside, they will be inevitably be released on VC, and Johto Pokémon will likely get attention due to that, much like in Gen VI how Gen I stuff was referenced heavily.

Last edited:
Oh, this will probably remind people of the machine that allows people to see Pokémon's dreams from Devon corps. Or the scrapped mechanic from X/Y that is supposed to allow people talk with Pokémon.

Also, this idea is not new, Clefairy Bill was a thing, after all.

The only problem I see is that such an idea would likely be a modelling nightmare, unless it is kept for specific Pokémon.

Also, hydro, most dogs can run up to 40 mph.

My point was that it was specifically 60mph - the speed at which a cheetah sprints at. Not in terms of design (looks way more like a dog than a cheetah in this respect).

Cradily17

I don't think we'd ever be able to get a game with more than two regions. How would they deal with the level curve?

I don't think we'd ever be able to get a game with more than two regions. How would they deal with the level curve?

That's not the only problem. Unless they want to sell the games at five times the normal price, it doesn't make any business sense. Perhaps they could one day do this with a system whereby you purchase the base game, which is completely different to other regions, and gets expanded every six months or so via paid for DLC (effectively another game).

Not to mention the lag. The 3DS could barely handle X and Y's horde battles!

noakai

The idea that SM will have post-game content like the Delta episode that's Kalos-related definitely seems to make sense to me. You'd think there definitely has to be a reason that they released new forms of a Kalos legendary when they weren't going to be revisiting it in a third game. Heck, if this new region is supposed to represent the Spain to Kalos's France, it may feel like a "sequel" to XY anyway, just without being called "Z." Maybe they decided that instead of adding some new stuff to Kalos and then re-releasing it as Z, it would be better to do a new generation and then add on the extra Kalos story to that game.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I think the "it all comes together" may refer to Sun & Moon having a connection to every generation so far, but not actually being an "all regions game".

Let's see:
- Gen I: Red to Sun; Blue to Moon, because of the colors.
- Gen II: Gold to Sun; Silver to Moon, because of the alchemy thing @Wulava pointed.
- Gen III: Ruby to Sun; Sapphire to Moon, because the sun is often associated with fire and the moon with water.
- Gen IV: the SM logos scream space. Also the sun and the moon are associated with time.
- Gen V: Yin to Black; Yang to White, because (I had to do a little research here, but...) Yin and yang (which I believe are the basis for BW) mean (amongst other things), respectively, the moon and the sun.
- Gen VI: X to Sun; Y to Moon, because (despite the colors not matching), life and sun are associated with creation and light, whilst death and moon may be associated with darkness.

Also, if the next games are SM, Earth may also be a huge thing (third legendary anyone...). So, what if Zygarde is the Earth. He is technically the balance between life and death. Also, it seems to be the protector of the ecossytems and it is part Ground-type. So he could represent Earth or at least the embodienment of the Nature.

I don't know. Just threw some random thoughts, as we can only speculate at the moment.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I think the "it all comes together" may refer to Sun & Moon having a connection to every generation so far, but not actually being an "all regions game".

Let's see:
- Gen I: Red to Sun; Blue to Moon, because of the colors.
- Gen II: Gold to Sun; Silver to Moon, because of the alchemy thing @Wulava pointed.
- Gen III: Ruby to Sun; Sapphire to Moon, because the sun is often associated with fire and the moon with water.
- Gen IV: the SM logos scream space. Also the sun and the moon are associated with time.
- Gen V: Yin to Black; Yang to White, because (I had to do a little research here, but...) Yin and yang (which I believe are the basis for BW) mean (amongst other things), respectively, the moon and the sun.
- Gen VI: X to Sun; Y to Moon, because (despite the colors not matching), life and sun are associated with creation and light, whilst death and moon may be associated with darkness.

Also, if the next games are SM, Earth may also be a huge thing (third legendary anyone...). So, what if Zygarde is the Earth. He is technically the balance between life and death. Also, it seems to be the protector of the ecossytems and it is part Ground-type. So he could represent Earth or at least the embodienment of the Nature.

I don't know. Just threw some random thoughts, as we can only speculate at the moment.

Pretty cool connections you thought of. I hope the connections are stronger than just how the names could be alike. I would love for it to have features from all the previous gens.

Kanto: VC Pokémon being traded directly to it.
Johto: Not really sure.
Hoenn: Heavy amounts of water routes if it is a Hawai'i based region.
Sinnoh: Not really sure.
Unova: Not really sure.
Kalos: A post-game trip back to finish the Zygarde plot.

I'm sure there are things that could connect from those other regions, I just don't have enough info about the games to speculate.

Not sure if this is the right thread but release dates are 28th of October as presented in this photo.
image.jpg

(Remember this may/may not be correct, also this is the australian date if I am correct.)

REMARCABLE

Remember the Strange Souvenir?
70% sure it will have some kind of connection in Sun and Moon.
Also it is quite Tiki-like so merge that with the tropical like concept art we have seen, maybe we are looking at a region based on a tropical place
Like Hawaii.

But part of me also thought about a tropical place quite close to what Kalos is, the French Rivera.

Though the Strange Souvenir conflicts with that because it claims to be a region completely unlike previous regions

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Not sure if this is the right thread but release dates are 28th of October as presented in this photo.
View attachment 15313

(Remember this may/may not be correct, also this is the australian date if I am correct.)

It states an estimated date, as in they are not sure of the exact date neither. Holiday 2016, however, indicates Late November. I'm surprised with the price though, as most of the Pokémon games are sold around 40-ish dollars. 80 is odd(?)

JFD

Kathigitarkh
It states an estimated date, as in they are not sure of the exact date neither. Holiday 2016, however, indicates Late November. I'm surprised with the price though, as most of the Pokémon games are sold around 40-ish dollars. 80 is odd(?)

Nope, that's the standard cost of games in Australia and NZ. Even years later. X&Y are the same price as M&S.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
View attachment 15313

Japanese release date is Winter 2016, so this is likely a placeholder.

Unless, of course, Winter 2016 somehow contains October to December.

Edit: Though I can't seem to find the actual link.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Just re: the diamonds in the Japanese logo, someone pointed out that they look really similar to the gems from that Burst manga where you combine with your Pokemon:

[img200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/17/Three_General_Burst_Hearts.png[/img200]

I'd normally throw it away as a coincidence, but since Ash Greninja is a thing... any chance that they're related? Like I doubt they're straight up taking elements from a random manga, but they do look quite similar and I can't imagine Ash Greninja will end up completely restricted to the anime.

Eh...not really interesting in having my character fuse with their pokemon. What I'd like to see however would be fusion evolutions, like specific pokemon that fuse as they evolve. An example would be a trio consisting of a lion, a goat and a snake pokemon fusing into a Chimera as they evolve.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I honestly do not want "Fusion" anything in my games. Keep that nonsense in Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon. It's like if Taco Bell started selling burgers simply because every other fast food chain does.

Akashin

I honestly do not want "Fusion" anything in my games. Keep that nonsense in Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon. It's like if Taco Bell started selling burgers simply because every other fast food chain does.

There's a word on the tip of my tongue here... Abso-something... Uhh... Gawrsh, what is it that Kyurem does again?

Seriously though, the closest I'd be willing to come to fusion would be whatever it is that causes Ash Greninja, which isn't a literal fusion of any kind.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

On topic of Kyurem and fusion, here is Masuda's statement from an old interview:

Junichi Masuda: The truth is that during the development of the Black and White versions, when we created Kyurem, we designed it so that I could improve ... and even if the final result wasn't planned yet, we already had in mind that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom were related in some way. And when we developed the new versions, we decided that the best way to combine both ideas was to make two new forms of Kyurem, resulting from the combination with Reshiram and Zekrom. The truth is that I wanted to see a fusion of Pokémon, and this was our opportunity to do something different.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
On topic of Kyurem and fusion, here is Masuda's statement from an old interview:

Junichi Masuda: The truth is that during the development of the Black and White versions, when we created Kyurem, we designed it so that I could improve ... and even if the final result wasn't planned yet, we already had in mind that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom were related in some way. And when we developed the new versions, we decided that the best way to combine both ideas was to make two new forms of Kyurem, resulting from the combination with Reshiram and Zekrom. The truth is that I wanted to see a fusion of Pokémon, and this was our opportunity to do something different.

Thankfully, the idea didn't stick for too long otherwise fusing Pokemon would have been a thing. Legendary Pokemon I'm okay with since they conform to a different standard.

Meanwhile, Zygarde Complete looks very much like a tiki himself; you have a small head on top, the large face in the middle and his belly slightly resembles a face. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if Sun and Moon were based on Hawaii, and were also sequels to X and Y.

Creyk

inb4 all pokemon in the same egg group will be able to fuse with each other new and we will have a new slew of abilities and OP monsters to deal with :D :D

Obviously they wouldn't do this because it would be too much work to create an unique fusion for each pokemon combination, but it would be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.