• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I have noticed something.

1vkEgN.png

Doesn't it look like the Poké Ball represents the tire, tilted a little bit, as if it is an accelerating vehicle? Especially, after all the vehicles we have seen in the trailer?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I have noticed something.

1vkEgN.png

Doesn't it look like the Poké Ball represents the tire, tilted a little bit, as if it is an accelerating vehicle? Especially, after all the vehicles we have seen in the trailer?

I like the possible "comet" theory, but I can see your point.
There were certainly lots of vehicles in that trailer...

Rakurai

I find rather depressing that the GTS and Wonder Trade are going to be screwed up from day one thanks to the 3DS having been thoroughly hacked at this point.

I suppose it'll take until whenever the series moves to the NX before I can have a momentary reprieve from the hacked Pokemon flooding the trade system again, which is honestly the best time I ever had playing the games.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
On the subject of fusion, I'm not going to lie a pokemon with a branching evolution would be really cool. A normal evolution that is obtained through level up and the "fusion evolution" is obtained by fusing it with another pokemon with the same gimmick. Would actually love to see this.

Inb4 Shin Megami Tensei did it first comments. SMT actually did pokemon before pokemon was pokemon but I digress.

I find rather depressing that the GTS and Wonder Trade are going to be screwed up from day one thanks to the 3DS having been thoroughly hacked at this point.

I suppose it'll take until whenever the series moves to the NX before I can have a momentary reprieve from the hacked Pokemon flooding the trade system again, which is honestly the best time I ever had playing the games.

The NX is currently a console we know very little about, and if it's a home console, we may never see a main series game on it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Prior to 3DS hacking, many people used Poké Transporter to transfer hacked Pokémon to XY. Similar thing will happen almost certainly with Generation 8.

There... really isn't any escape from legal or illegal hacks. You just gotta live with them.

Creyk

Why? Is it better if you always only receive zigzagoon and wurmple on the wonder trade?
Hacking at least makes people more generous, so you can get shinies and legends more often. Who cares where they came from, they are still usable pokemon often with great IV's and movesets. It's actually very good.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Why? Is it better if you always only receive zigzagoon and wurmple on the wonder trade?
Hacking at least makes people more generous, so you can get shinies and legends more often. Who cares where they came from, they are still usable pokemon often with great IV's and movesets. It's actually very good.

I immediately release anything suspicious I get from Wonder-Trade

LizardonX

Banned

This man speaks the truth.

Though I did get a level 47 pentagonless dialga with crap IVs and no EVs so I'm reasonably sure at the very least it originated from a legit copy of diamond.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Wow, yeah, bar Kyurem I would much prefer fusion to stay the hell away from Pokemon.
In my opinion it wasn't welcome in Digimon either, but with digimon being made of data it was at least feasible..

alexterri

Yeah, I agree that Fusion should not become a big thing in Pokémon. I'm fine with it being used occasionally [like with Kyurem], but not commonly.

Akashin

Wow, yeah, bar Kyurem I would much prefer fusion to stay the hell away from Pokemon.
In my opinion it wasn't welcome in Digimon either, but with digimon being made of data it was at least feasible..

I don't see why it would be unfeasible in Pokemon either. We know science in the Pokemon world has produced the likes of Mewtwo, Porygon and Genesect, so some morally ambiguous group of scientists taking steps into the field of fusing Pokemon wouldn't be that big a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really want to see that happen. But I can see it making sense if it did.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Does anyone predict we'll have contests back? I mean I know it came back in ORAS, but only because of it being a remake that had the original games. Also, I kind of like the idea of (headcanon) being from Hawaii as my one friend imagined. I could see this.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I don't see why it would be unfeasible in Pokemon either. We know science in the Pokemon world has produced the likes of Mewtwo, Porygon and Genesect, so some morally ambiguous group of scientists taking steps into the field of fusing Pokemon wouldn't be that big a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really want to see that happen. But I can see it making sense if it did.
Though fusing with its trainer is something else. I really hope it won't be a thing, not now, not ever.

Both Mewtwo and Genesect were genetically modified reincarnations of Pokémon that are extinct (or assumed to be in the case of Mew). Porygon was made in virtual space. These are big stepping stones, but I don't think it's very likely we'll get more fusions in the next few games.

I can see it being a thing once Mega Evolution has died down a bit. It's still considered a pretty new feature despite being announced two and a half years ago, but of course we aren't going to get Mega Evolution for every final stage of an evolution line. I'd very much dislike the direction we were heading in if that were the case.

I'm very skeptical to the idea of direct fusion becoming widespread. Especially if it was handled the same way as Mega Evolution.
I wouldn't mind cross-breeding to create some sort of in-between new species though. We already have something similar with how Manaphy and Ditto produce Phione.

I'm very skeptical to the idea of direct fusion becoming widespread. Especially if it was handled the same way as Mega Evolution.
I wouldn't mind cross-breeding to create some sort of in-between new species though. We already have something similar with how Manaphy and Ditto produce Phione.

That's something I don't really see happening in the near future, but long term it's a possibility. I only say this because we have egg groups, but with Gen I being compatible with VII, it has to make one wonder...

Grey Wind

I feel like if they did introduce some sort of fusion, Ash Greninja-like or otherwise, it'd be small scale. I can't imagine them bringing in a huge new mechanic right after mega evolution (and I really hope they don't).

I feel like if they did introduce some sort of fusion, Ash Greninja-like or otherwise, it'd be small scale. I can't imagine them bringing in a huge new mechanic right after mega evolution (and I really hope they don't).

Agreed. It's completely changed the face of the meta, and had a lukewarm reception from fans, no matter how cool or overpowered some of them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.