• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I've been rereading and rereading a really awesome Tumblr meta post on the idea of S&M-land being based off Hawaii and I actually quite like that idea. I specifically like how the sun and moon are known for their amazing shines and colors and Hawaii being known as, "the rainbow state" would suit that in a sense.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've been rereading and rereading a really awesome Tumblr meta post on the idea of S&M-land being based off Hawaii and I actually quite like that idea. I specifically like how the sun and moon are known for their amazing shines and colors and Hawaii being known as, "the rainbow state" would suit that in a sense.

Hawaii is pretty much confirmed.
Read the last few pages of the Region Speculation Thread.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Hawaii is pretty much confirmed.
Read the last few pages of the Region Speculation Thread.

"Pretty much confirmed" lol.
We saw one building with a palm tree and a rainbow license plate. Nothing is even kind of confirmed. There could be a bunch of things that point to Hawai'i being at least a city in the region, but we have no idea what the whole region could be based on yet.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
"Pretty much confirmed" lol.
We saw one building with a palm tree and a rainbow license plate. Nothing is even kind of confirmed. There could be a bunch of things that point to Hawai'i being at least a city in the region, but we have no idea what the whole region could be based on yet.

I know.
But the recent Pokemon tweet with Sailor Pikachu at Waimanalo Beach, Honolulu with Manana Island on the background could be a hint.

Just like how Masuda changed his profile pic of him being at Paris before XY was announced.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I know.
But the recent Pokemon tweet with Sailor Pikachu at Waimanalo Beach, Honolulu with Manana Island on the background could be a hint.

Just like how Masuda changed his profile pic of him being at Paris before XY was announced.

I'm not on Twitter and I hadn't seen that posted anywhere. That does add some credibility. Sorry for the snark.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I wouldn't go so far as to say Hawaii is confirmed, but the evidence is very strong and I prefer that theory over most others.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm not on Twitter and I hadn't seen that posted anywhere. That does add some credibility. Sorry for the snark.

If you followed the link he posted, and clicked one page back, then you'd have found the tweet.

As for Hawaii, lets just hope it doesn't become "General Tropical Island"-region #4 after the Orange Islands, Hoenn and the Sevii Islands.

And for the love of god, keep the seas Tentacool-free.. -.-

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
If you followed the link he posted, and clicked one page back, then you'd have found the tweet.

I did go to the link. I admit, I didn't go back to that page, but that's because I was expecting more of the same Reddit theory. Besides, I apologized and gave him credit. **** off.

Locormus

I did go to the link. I admit, I didn't go back to that page, but that's because I was expecting more of the same Reddit theory. Besides, I apologized and gave him credit. **** off.

I'm just telling you where you could've found the info, based on you saying that you hadn't seen/found it. Nothing about the language I used was demeaning, so how does that warrant a snark?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm just telling you where you could've found the info, based on you saying that you hadn't seen/found it. Nothing about the language I used was demeaning, so how does that warrant a snark?

Could have doesn't mean anything after I've already seen the info.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

As for Hawaii, lets just hope it doesn't become "General Tropical Island"-region #4 after the Orange Islands, Hoenn and the Sevii Islands.

Orange Islands isn't canon to the game, is it? Also Sevii Islands is super irrelevant. oras's quality was so bad it shouldn't even count tbh I have faith in GF, I really don't want another game full of obnoxious water and surfing anyway, and that mess of an ocean, just nope. We'll get water obviously but I hope they really focus on the beauty of Hawaii and its grandeur, it's diversity, it's history and many amazing areas and many colors and brightness. There's a lot of appeal in a Hawaii-based region, it could really nail the aspect nicely if we have a little faith.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves

Orange Islands were never in the games, and I don't think the Sevii Islands were tropical.

Besides, Hawaii has its own culture to work with to differentiate it from Hoenn.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
What if Moon's logo is alluding to a planetary alignment?

Look at the moon itself. Tilt it 45 degrees clockwise, and look at all the different circles. The white circle forming the crescent looks like a planet. The blue ball inside the big white circle looks like a second planet, and the small white ball on bottom/far left looks like a third planet.

Link 1:
Within about 3000 YEARS either side of A.D. 2000, the closest clustering of the five naked-eye planets happened on 27 February, 1953 B.C. when Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn all fell within a 4°.3 circle. The next close grouping (within 25°) will occur on 8 September, 2040.

Link 2:
This rare alignment will mean that the combined gravitational force of the two planets would exert a stronger TIDAL PULL, temporarily counteracting the Earth's own gravity and making people weigh less.

Link 3:
As a result of the combined torque-induced effects interacting on Earth by its moon, the Sun and all other planets with aligned and cross-aligned arrangements, it could focus to vortically resonate at SPECIFIC GEOMETRIC COORDINATES on Earth inside the nested spheroidal layers of air, water and molten matter to spawn unisonal vortices by its manifested torque-free precession.

Locormus

Could have doesn't mean anything after I've already seen the info.

And I didn't know you had found the post including the tweet when what you posted seemed to indicate you didn't. All I saw was that Wulava summarized the info. The only reason I posted was because I thought you might've wanted to look at the tweet yourself. With good intentions, and yet again I get a snarky reply.

Orange Islands isn't canon to the game, is it? Also Sevii Islands is super irrelevant. oras's quality was so bad it shouldn't even count tbh I have faith in GF, I really don't want another game full of obnoxious water and surfing anyway, and that mess of an ocean, just nope. We'll get water obviously but I hope they really focus on the beauty of Hawaii and its grandeur, it's diversity, it's history and many amazing areas and many colors and brightness. There's a lot of appeal in a Hawaii-based region, it could really nail the aspect nicely if we have a little faith.

Nope, they weren't, but that doesn't make me less biased. I found the Sevii Islands the only redeeming qualities of FR/LG, so in my eyes, they were relevant.

Look, you obviously are invested in Hawaii, that's clear to see and a beautiful thing. But imagine for the general public, what would they identify as typical Hawaiian culture? Note that most people don't even know that Hawaii is a volcanic string of islands. It's hard to think of "non-stereotypical" ways of representing Hawaii to the mass public without it devolving into some general tropical Island region. I don't mean to hate, but I find it really hard to think of a landmark as internationally recognizable as the Eiffel tower, or the NYC Waterfront.

Orange Islands were never in the games, and I don't think the Sevii Islands were tropical.
Besides, Hawaii has its own culture to work with to differentiate it from Hoenn.

About as tropical as it got back in those days..

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So if it's based on Hawaii, what are the chances of an Obama easter egg? ;D

Stygian

In the past, generally the even numbered generations give us less amounts of new pokemon, but more features and big changes, and cross gen evo's. (Johto gave us breeding, two new types, Sinnoh gave us phys/special split, introduction of online capabilities, etc) while the odd numbered ones give us massive amounts of new pokemon, and generally don't allow you to use ones from older regions till the post game. (Hoenn and Unova were almost "reboot" styled in a sense).

Kalos seems to have followed this tradition (except, instead of cross gen evo's we got mega evolutions).

Do you feel like S/M will stick to this, and give us a large amount of new pokemon without relating to the older gens much?

MysticKnives

In the past, generally the even numbered generations give us less amounts of new pokemon, but more features and big changes, and cross gen evo's. (Johto gave us breeding, two new types, Sinnoh gave us phys/special split, introduction of online capabilities, etc) while the odd numbered ones give us massive amounts of new pokemon, and generally don't allow you to use ones from older regions till the post game. (Hoenn and Unova were almost "reboot" styled in a sense).

Kalos seems to have followed this tradition (except, instead of cross gen evo's we got mega evolutions).

Do you feel like S/M will stick to this, and give us a large amount of new pokemon without relating to the older gens much?

I don't really see what makes Hoenn a "reboot." It allowed you to use a decent number of old Pokemon (obviously most were new introduced in that Gen) before post-game. Hoenn doesn't exactly fit with this thought. I don't think I can predict GF, so I hope we get at least 80-110 new Pokemon, and features that other Gens had.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Given the large number of Pokémon already established by this point (over 700 is it not?), I would say not as much as in the past would be my best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.