• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
They could always make the dolphin be able to levitate if it is water/psychic. I see no reason why a dolphin is impossible. The creators know starters need to be mobile on land so, if they make a dolphin, they'll make sure to give it something to keep it on land without problems.

Still not convinced with those drawings, though.

Oh I'm absolutely skeptical of those drawings. And I don't discount the idea of a dolphin pokemon, it's something I've wanted since "BRAND NEW POKEMON" became a thing back in the pre-GS days. I just don't think we could have a dolphin starter. I'll absolutely eat crow if I'm wrong but I just don't see them doing it. Especially if they're banking on it levitating to sell it, but since it's the starter it wouldn't have the ability Levitate it would have Torrent, with Levitate being relegated to it's hidden ability.

Nuzlocker4Life

While those pen drawings are most likely fake, if they were to magically turn out to be true, I'd really be torn with which starter to go with. It is incredibly rare for me to like all three starters. xD

Probably would go for the saber-tooth kitten. Personally I'd rather see a saber-tooth as one of the two fossil Pokemon instead, but in any case, I'm all for more bada** kitty cats.

Master_Tyrell

Oh I'm absolutely skeptical of those drawings. And I don't discount the idea of a dolphin pokemon, it's something I've wanted since "BRAND NEW POKEMON" became a thing back in the pre-GS days. I just don't think we could have a dolphin starter. I'll absolutely eat crow if I'm wrong but I just don't see them doing it. Especially if they're banking on it levitating to sell it, but since it's the starter it wouldn't have the ability Levitate it would have Torrent, with Levitate being relegated to it's hidden ability.

I didn't mean levitate as an in-game ability, more like being able to levitate innately thus not needed the ability levitate. They could even make it partially ghost and there you have it, XD. But no, if the creators want a dolphin starter they'll definitely make it capable of land travel without a doubt.

Niormon

This Issue said they would cover Sun and moon news, they never said they would have news there was no promise, just very bad miscommunication, That wording is very Important.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Another fire lion? Another monkey starter?

That looks so absurd that I am almost believing in it. Whatever it is, though, gotta love fake leaks, they certainly keep things going on <3
Actually, I'm pretty certain it was fire tiger. (If you're referring to that 4chan leak, that is)

Red and Blue

Tigers make sense given the chinese zodiac theme with the fire starters. The grass monkey is the only one that I'd doubt

Squeaky101

Nobody suspects me
I'm hoping for more dinosaur-inspired pokemon. Would be cool to have the starters all based on prehistoric creatures:

grass - triceratops or frill-necked lizard
fire - raptor
water - mosasaur

some other animals we don't have yet (or could use more of):

toucan
owl
kiwi / dodo
peacock
possum
bat (something that more closely resembles an actual bat this time)
mantis / orchid mantis
swordfish
giant worm
griffon

other ideas include a scarecrow pokemon as well as one inspired by the wendigo, trevenant was close but I think a more serious evil tree spirit with antlers would be awesome.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Then why was Fennekin a Starter? I didn't know there was a fox in the Chinese zodiac...
Fennekin could be seen to represent the dog on the zodiac, as foxes are related to dogs.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They could always make the dolphin be able to levitate if it is water/psychic. I see no reason why a dolphin is impossible. The creators know starters need to be mobile on land so, if they make a dolphin, they'll make sure to give it something to keep it on land without problems.

Still not convinced with those drawings, though.

I don't particularly like the idea of a dolphin pokemon floating in the air. I'd even prefer seeing one with legs instead of that, tho I don't think the water starter will necessarily be a dolphin. ^^

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Its usually easy to tell fake "leaked" content since it'll always have a high fan requested thing on there. The Dolphin Pokemon being one of them. It shows up on almost every thing n

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I know those sketches are not confirmed, but I am praying to Arceus that the dolphin would not materialize as starter. It can be a non-starter, though, just keep it away from the likes of the other two. LOL.

Its usually easy to tell fake "leaked" content since it'll always have a high fan requested thing on there. The Dolphin Pokemon being one of them. It shows up on almost every thing n

Yeah, fan fulfilment is definetley a telltale sign of fake-ness. Though with the long awaited Fire Lion and Rock/Dragon T-Rex fossil in the last gen, I think for some people, they're letting their hopes get in their way.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
No sure if its true or not, but it seems that leaks regarding other series have started to come out now from the CoroCoro.

Edit: And now that we got something, its ...................................................................................................................................................... useless.

What happened to the Special Feature we were promised last month?
The next image from CoroCoro has leaked showcasing the limit of what is in CoroCoro for Sun & Moon. In this small bit of information, it promises that from next month, special features on Sun & Moon will begin in the magazine. This will begin next issue, which is released on April 15th 2016. We'll bring more as it comes

Last edited:

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I couldn't stop laughing. Well, looking forward to the issue next month! Or perhaps GameFreak doesn't want images from the upcoming games to be leaked through a magazine? We'll probably get some sort of trailer in the coming weeks before the May CoroCoro issue comes out. That I can believe and be excited about, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.