• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I know I am replying to myself, but I've looked deeper into my theory above. This is what resulted:

My speculation is that these are just evolutions of Solrock and Lunatone...

Solrock - Sol (sun) rock (obvious)

Solgaleo - Sol (sun) galeo (GA = Gallium, post-transition metal on the periodic table)

Named for "Gallia (Latin for: France), homeland of the discoverer"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunatone - Luna (moon) tone (short for STONE)

Lunaala - Luna (moon) ala (AL = Aluminum, post-transition metal on the periodic table)

http://www.ask.com/science/aluminum-named-d93e62597d1da8bb
"Aluminum, or aluminium, was named after alum, a mineral known and used since antiquity. In 1761, French chemist Louis-Bernard Gutyon de Morveau proposed the name "alumine" for the base chemical of alum, even though it had yet to be isolated"

Another interesting thing - Gallium can "melt" Aluminum. https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Gallium-melt-Aluminum

https://sites.psu.edu/passionmalencia/2013/04/16/gallium/

Now you ask does Gigareki fit? Yes.

Gigareki - Giga (For GIGAMETER used to calculate the size of things in space) reki (RE =
Rhenium, transition metal on the periodic table)

Named after the river Rhine in EUROPE. France is part of Europe. The Rhine river is a 7 hour drive NE of the very center of France (thanks Google Maps).

Also, just like Lunatone and Solrock's stats are mirrors, get this. Al is element 13, Ga is 31...

Kalos was based on France. Speculation after X and Y was that the next region would connect to Kalos (France). This new region based on my speculation could then be based on Germany. The train station in Couriway Town leads East, Germany and France have had major conflicts in the past (Kalos history has wars 3000 years prior to xy with a neighboring region.), 7 hour car ride in the Pokemon world sounds enough to be a "faraway land". And a hiker giving you that Strange Souvenir means he could have gone through the mountains to the east of Kalos.
That's actually a really good theory. I doubt that they would make Solrock and Lunatone evolutions the boxart legends, though.

Sure, new legends are more marketable. But has it been confired that Lunaala and Galeo will be on the cover? Maybe they are evolutions that are seperate from the cover pokemon.

The fact that their names convieniently match up with Sun and Moon, and their names hint at features the box art symbols display, it's safe to say that if these trademarks are real, they're the mascots.

After all, why would they trademark two random evos around the same time as the game, and not the box art legends?

On the topic of these trademarks, I feel GF registered them through someone else due to the huge leakings of the XY Mythicals and Starter Evos, whereas this time we have what is most likely the first evo starters and legends, which are going to be revealed soon, most likely. Marshadow is the only really spoilery thing if it turns out to be the third legend, etc.

Why would they give them evolutions? If anything they're getting Megas.

Megas have possibly stopped new evolutions for old Pokemon altogether, Eevee excluded.

Considering the in-game says that Mega Evolution occurs only for fully evolved Pokémon, it's likely Mega Evolutions are just a way of bolstering attention to Pokémon GameFrak designed to not evolve anyway.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't think Pokemon name etymologies are THAT deep.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
I know I am replying to myself, but I've looked deeper into my theory above. This is what resulted:

My speculation is that these are just evolutions of Solrock and Lunatone...

Solrock - Sol (sun) rock (obvious)

Solgaleo - Sol (sun) galeo (GA = Gallium, post-transition metal on the periodic table)

Named for "Gallia (Latin for: France), homeland of the discoverer"

Lunatone - Luna (moon) tone (short for STONE)

Lunaala - Luna (moon) ala (AL = Aluminum, post-transition metal on the periodic table)

http://www.ask.com/science/aluminum-named-d93e62597d1da8bb
"Aluminum, or aluminium, was named after alum, a mineral known and used since antiquity. In 1761, French chemist Louis-Bernard Gutyon de Morveau proposed the name "alumine" for the base chemical of alum, even though it had yet to be isolated"

Another interesting thing - Gallium can "melt" Aluminum. https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Gallium-melt-Aluminum

https://sites.psu.edu/passionmalencia/2013/04/16/gallium/

Now you ask does Gigareki fit? Yes.

Gigareki - Giga (For GIGAMETER used to calculate the size of things in space) reki (RE =
Rhenium, transition metal on the periodic table)

Named after the river Rhine in EUROPE. France is part of Europe. The Rhine river is a 7 hour drive NE of the very center of France (thanks Google Maps).

Also, just like Lunatone and Solrock's stats are mirrors, get this. Al is element 13, Ga is 31...

Kalos was based on France. Speculation after X and Y was that the next region would connect to Kalos (France). This new region based on my speculation could then be based on Germany. The train station in Couriway Town leads East, Germany and France have had major conflicts in the past (Kalos history has wars 3000 years prior to xy with a neighboring region.), 7 hour car ride in the Pokemon world sounds enough to be a "faraway land". And a hiker giving you that Strange Souvenir means he could have gone through the mountains to the east of Kalos.

Have you ever seen the comic Fantastic Four? I think you'd really identify with the main character. He has the same superpower as you.

Xavier Iser

I don't think Pokemon name etymologies are THAT deep.

They aren't that deep dude...

It's literally moon+metal element, sun+metal element, and giga+metal element.

Also, unlike everyone else theorizing what these names are for I don't first jump out of my pants with excitement immediately assuming they are legends. Just because they are "Sol" and "Luna" Pokemon doesn't mean anything to me except they sound most like Solrock and Lunatone's evolutions, or very related to them.

People think just because these trademarks were made marked makes them legends... Aren't all Pokémon names trademarked?

I'm not saying all you guys are wrong, just I don't agree right now.

It's also certainly not the first time people have had a theory putting gen VII based in Germany. I just found a topic from two years ago theorizing as much.

Last edited:
They aren't that deep dude...

It's literally moon+metal element, sun+metal element, and giga+metal element.

Yes, but the stretches you performed to get those element names are far too farfetched and drop reaching.

Also, unlike everyone else theorizing what these names are for I don't first jump out of my pants with excitement immediately assuming they are legends. Just because they are "Sol" and "Luna" Pokemon doesn't mean anything to me except they sound most like Solrock and Lunatone's evolutions, or very related to them.

Yeah, they are related, because they're all Pokémon based on the sun and moon. And that's probably where the connection ends.

People think just because these trademarks were made marked makes them legends... Aren't all Pokémon names trademarked?

The majority are, but what you need to consider is that Gen VI's leaks were just starter evos and legends.

I'm not saying all you guys are wrong, just I don't agree right now.

It's good that you're being open to the possibility of being wrong, and tbh, I respect you for including this last part ^_^

Xavier Iser

Yes, but the stretches you performed to get those element names are far too farfetched and drop reaching.

I don't think it's reaching very much at all. All I did was take the two letters nobody is talking about from Solgaleo (everyone is talking about the Leo part and I thought I'd see what I found by not ignoring the GA.). I put GA into Google and obviously it goes to Georgia. I put a space and it gave me "GA periodic table". Thought I'd find out if the same applied to Lunaala. Using again the first two letters after the Luna part. Turned out they were both metals and immediately above/below each other. I almost made the post without looking at Gigareki. But thought I'd see if it was coincidence. To me the similar things like this is either planned or a 1/9999999999 happening.

Am I saying I'm correct? No, but at least somebody is thinking more than "omg lions!".

Class Zero

We have arrived.

Tbh.. this sums up a lot of posts on this forum :'D
And the legendaries being linked in some way to Lunatone and Solrock isn't entirely impossible. Whether it be something small like the Sun/Moon legendary is worshiped by their corresponding meteorite 'mon, or something larger like the legendaries are a mutation, evolution or ancestor of Solrock or Lunatone... all are possibilities. :D

Kingscr34m11

Hoenn Native
I don't think it's reaching very much at all. All I did was take the two letters nobody is talking about from Solgaleo (everyone is talking about the Leo part and I thought I'd see what I found by not ignoring the GA.). I put GA into Google and obviously it goes to Georgia. I put a space and it gave me "GA periodic table". Thought I'd find out if the same applied to Lunaala. Using again the first two letters after the Luna part. Turned out they were both metals and immediately above/below each other. I almost made the post without looking at Gigareki. But thought I'd see if it was coincidence. To me the similar things like this is either planned or a 1/9999999999 happening.

Am I saying I'm correct? No, but at least somebody is thinking more than "omg lions!".

Maybe the moon legend will be part steel seeing as how the moon is mostly aluminum. Interesting theory.

Xavier Iser

Maybe the moon legend will be part steel seeing as how the moon is mostly aluminum. Interesting theory.

I knew I forgot to research that. I had to get to sleep just as I posted my final edit in my first theory post, but yes, this is true there is aluminum on the earth's moon.

Also Gallium is now widely used in thermometers to measure temperature as it is non-toxic as opposed to Mercury. It's a bit of a stretch in relating it to the sun, but it's as close I can get right now.

Orphalesion

Tbh.. this sums up a lot of posts on this forum :'D
And the legendaries being linked in some way to Lunatone and Solrock isn't entirely impossible.

The most I can see is that they can be encountered in the wild in the place were you find the legendaries. Beyond that; Nope. Not in a hundred years.

Bamboosle

I don't know if it was brought up already, but about the release date.
Nedgame (a dutch gaming store) has a release date for Sun and Moon set on the 25th of November. Probably placeholder date but seems possible

If it has already been brought up: sorry, my bad. Please ignore then.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
It wouldn't work because the 25th is Black Friday (US). No game has ever been release on Thanksgiving weekend. Most likely fake.

Bamboosle

To be fair the dutch release doesn't have to be the same date as the American release. Most of the time with games, movies, books, dvd's we have to wait maybe a week or two weeks longer than the US to finaly being able to play/watch/read. (With an exception of XY and Star Wars The Force Awakens (except with the dvd))

Plus my experience with Nedgame is that they are pretty accurate with their dates for the Netherlands. Remember Black Friday doesn't exist everywhere. We, the Dutch, are not affected by Black Friday. US release date could be the week before.

But it could also be a placeholder date (like i said). Just some interesting information that is more than just 'winter 2016'.

:)

Uugh I hope that date and the possible delay behind America aren't true, the week wait for ORAS after America and Japan got it was killer '-'

Genos

The Indigo Disk
To be fair the dutch release doesn't have to be the same date as the American release. Most of the time with games, movies, books, dvd's we have to wait maybe a week or two weeks longer than the US to finaly being able to play/watch/read. (With an exception of XY and Star Wars The Force Awakens (except with the dvd))

Plus my experience with Nedgame is that they are pretty accurate with their dates for the Netherlands. Remember Black Friday doesn't exist everywhere. We, the Dutch, are not affected by Black Friday. US release date could be the week before.

But it could also be a placeholder date (like i said). Just some interesting information that is more than just 'winter 2016'.

:)
True. Well to me the projected US date is either on Nov 18 or Dec 2. My money's on the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.