• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Starters + Legendaries + a trailer. That's what I'm expecting.

I feel like Cookie Monster in that Apple Commercial.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
TL,DR: lowering my expectations for the news. please don't reveal too many pokemon, leave room for surprises. Kalos's gym leaders, as much as i like some of them, sucked. bring back the good features like the sinnoh underground, PWT, battle frontier in some form and the dexnav.

Over 40 (56%) Gen 6 Pokemon were revealed during XY's pre-release period. And it's a shock to know that we were only getting 72.
While 13 (46%) out of 28 Megas were shown before release (not counting Mega Latios(es).
All new Megas in ORAS were revealed 100% beforehand.

55 (35%) out of 156 Pokemon were revealed during pre-release for Gen 5.
30 (38%) out of 107 for Gen 4.

I just wish they reveal just around 30-40% of the total amount of new Pokemon throughout the pre-release period.

Also, I hope they don't release a demo (and a pre-load) for this game.
It was a very huge mistake with ORAS, with all the info datamined ahead of release leaving no room for new info.

I'd rather crave for information, than get spoiled even before the games hit the shelves.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Over 40 (56%) Gen 6 Pokemon were revealed during XY's pre-release period. And it's a shock to know that we were only getting 72.
While 13 (46%) out of 28 Megas were shown before release (not counting Mega Latios(es).
All new Megas in ORAS were revealed 100% beforehand.

55 (35%) out of 156 Pokemon were revealed during pre-release for Gen 5.
30 (38%) out of 107 for Gen 4.

I just wish they reveal just around 30-40% of the total amount of new Pokemon throughout the pre-release period.

Also, I hope they don't release a demo (and a pre-load) for this game.
It was a very huge mistake with ORAS, with all the info datamined ahead of release leaving no room for new info.

I'd rather crave for information, than get spoiled even before the games hit the shelves.

Yeah, I agree. Better show less before release this time, so we can discover the rest ourselves. Although I don't mind about datamining, for the most part at least.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm predicting a trailer, that would show off Trailerbirb, starters, and box legends (and boxarts). CoroCoro will probably just reshow what is shown here.

I'd love the trailer to show the concept art from the teaser then flash to it in the actual game.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Bird, Starters and Legends are my guess :D

Regional bird and Starters in a trailer, then the reveal of the Legendaries via box covers.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I'm predicting a trailer, that would show off Trailerbirb, starters, and box legends (and boxarts). CoroCoro will probably just reshow what is shown here.

I'd love the trailer to show the concept art from the teaser then flash to it in the actual game.

CoroCoro will almost certainly just be a rehash of what we're going to be shown on the 10th. What they're trying to do is avoid having the first reveal of information being low quality cell phone pics of magazine pages.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Starters and Legendaries. A trailer would be nice too. Maybe a glimpse look on the protagonists and graphics.

The version choice must end this Tuesday!

Arcanineblitz

I'm expecting a trailer and maybe some starter Pokemon/main character artwork

Tuoko

Considering the mascot Legendaries haven't been revealed in CoroCoro since Dialga & Palkia and they pretty much promised us boxart, this is definitely their debut.

Aside from that, I'm expecting starters and PCs as well.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Starters and Legendaries. A trailer would be nice too. Maybe a glimpse look on the protagonists and graphics.

The version choice must end this Tuesday!

The version dilemma isn't for me, I will get both. For my comic series' needs of course (and for finally uncovering the truth whether Zygarde plays a role at all lol)

I only hope the legendaries nail it in design like Xerneas and Yveltal, and Reshiram and Zekrom before it. Marvelous designs. Can't wait to see how the new main legends look.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'm also expecting something similar to XY reveal trailer. But I don't expect details to surface until E3.

What I hope is, however, is a more concrete release date.

Except the problem is Nintendo's E3 presentation this year is going to be entirely dedicated to the new Legend of Zelda game, so it's extremely unlikely we'll get S/M news, if not at all.

knightwolf09

Im probably the only one that doesnt expect more than the boxart and legendaries.

You have a good reason to think so, considering they're making us keep our expectations low, but now's the best time to at least show off the basic beginning stuff.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
We will pretty sure get the same content we got back then with the first XY trailer/direct. Not expecting the legendaries and the starters to be revealed is beyond being skeptical; it IS being dumb.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
We will pretty sure get the same content we got back then with the first XY trailer/direct. Not expecting the legendaries and the starters to be revealed is beyond being skeptical; it IS being dumb.

I know some people think Game Freak may be playing it safe, but if we were to get other stuff revealed alongside the legendary mascots I could expect it to be the starters, protagonists and the new region since they're the main basic information we want to know.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Alongside the typical Legends and Starter reveals, I'm expecting hints to some new overworld mechanic

Bus

Personally, I hope the flight mechanic from ORAS returns (where you actually ride around on a pokemon in the sky); it's so much better than fly and you dont need the pokemon in your team! Not that fly is a bad move or anything, but t least maybe we can remove its HM status and make it a TM so this new mechanic can replace it.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

So if the starters arent revealed this time, will you be the dumb one?

Luxgen

What I think will be revealed on the 10th; either one of the following or multiple things at once:

1. game play (preview of new cities)
2. new pokemon (includes starters and legendaries)
3. brand new feature we've never seen before
4. new megas

knightwolf09

I still think Synchro Evolution is going to be the next new mechanic, and I think Pokemon-amie is going to be the key to it, and no this is not a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.