• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad the chibi look is finally gone.

I was so taken aback by it in X and Y. Finally we can walk around without having to balance the weight of enormous heads.

As for the trainer customization, I hope we get to do a full customization from the very beginning. I don't even care if it's permanent, I just don't feel like waiting forever to get the clothes I want.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is there any way to have a permlink or somewhere to reference these recent trailers? I want another look at them again, but i cant remember where the link was. Im constantly opening and closing windows since Im at work lol.

Check the main site. Serebii have both trailers posted: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Ok, i've spotted it, in one you have blue stripes on the shirt and red coloring on the shorts and on another, before meeting your rival, you have black stripes and grey/white coloring on the shorts. Took mo a while to see it.

hah, the moon legendary looks like that assist trophy in smash that's from kirby. the one that makes the screen go dark with his stellar cape. I'm not seeing the sun one being not a fire type but the moon one's type, other than maybe flying is a complete mystery. These legendaries didn't impress me as much as yveltal (to be fair, i think no legendary ever will) but they look better than basic xerneas. I'd rank them overall just above plakia and dialga, the weakest legendaries IMO. This is just by their looks of course but battle capabilities don't weight much on my judgement.

BTW anyone seen the luxurious hotel with the horsea fountain on the map? Unless it's the west-most building i'm not seeing it.

The place where you receive the starters, in closer look, looks like it's the mountain base, where there's that big circle. It has some trees and houses surrounding it.

I just realized, i didn't see a single tall grass. Not once. There's a glimpse of an item behind a rock in the english trailer between 1:14 and 1:15. Also, during the starter battles there's no hud at all. But that's probably just footage for the trailer. I see some patches here and there in the legendary encounters and once in the place where you get the starters but it's so scarce and they seem a little to small to be an encounter grass. weird.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
If there are clothing customisations then I hope that this time Males have the same amount of options as Females.. It's 2016 we should have equality :D

nel3

Crimson Dragon
will sun and moon still share the GTS system with gen 6? i opted out of the ORAS option as they didnt add any new pkmn and skipped out on various trolling gameplay perks. im not sure if i'll get sun and moon but if so its likely sun if they have sufficient perks returned/added. i still got a few things to get on my pkmn X file before i could consider a newer generation. would it even be possible to incorporate the many new pkmn in sun/moon into the current GTS system?

will sun and moon still share the GTS system with gen 6? i opted out of the ORAS option as they didnt add any new pkmn and skipped out on various trolling gameplay perks. im not sure if i'll get sun and moon but if so its likely sun if they have sufficient perks returned/added. i still got a few things to get on my pkmn X file before i could consider a newer generation.

If you're meaning they can have interactivity with each other, that's definitely no, becausse it's a new gen. If you're meaning the GTS will be structured like Gen VI's, then the most likely answer is yes.

diakyu

I'm gonna jump the gun here and note that there's no tall grass in the trailer.

Bus

Check the main site. Serebii have both trailers posted: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Oops, yeah, that should go without saying, thanks. Whenever I go to open up this forum again, my address bar autofills it and sends me to the forum, so I end up bypassing the main site often. Thanks, Wulava.

LePetitMeow

Praying for many islands!

The island shown is quite small really... There looks to only be a few routes and one city area, as well as a small town or two (possibly villages).

The Hawaii confirmation is nice, and to see that customization is returning (to a degree as of now) is REALLY exciting! They listened on that part.

You can see a Meowth in the trailers standing next to, I assume, the character's mother. So that's porbably a good indication of non-Alola region Pokémon being present in the wild. I certainly hope they don't overcrowd the region with 50 NEW Pokémon and 300 old ones (like XY did).

These games look pretty good so far, with Sun beating out Moon (that bat frisbee though... What even...).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If you're meaning they can have interactivity with each other, that's definitely no, becausse it's a new gen. If you're meaning the GTS will be structured like Gen VI's, then the most likely answer is yes.

thank you very much for the reply Aromatic Mist, i was indeed asking about interactivity. im trying to get a complete 6 foreign language pokedex entries (non legendary) on my X save file and i made great progress on on all but Italian and Korean origin pkmn. how long on average do they keep the old GTS systems running after they move to anther generation?

if gen6 GTS system holds out until i complete my remaining 92 Spanish, German and French pokedex entries then i'll be satisfied. the ITA and KOR origins were always a long shot to begin with. i would like to also log all the foreign legendary/event pkmn but its secondary and it depends on how many ppl will still play gen 6 once gen7 starts.

as far as the confirmed perks in sun/moon its looking good if they are bringing back customization. there are a few others id like to see mega Flygon?????, i like him much how he is right now but id be critical of a mega form until i see the info on one. soaring with normal fly-capable pkmn would also be cool to see even if its unlikely.

Last edited:

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
Just a small feature I noticed, but both trainers are now going to be visible during battle. Look at the beginning of the English trailer and the end of the Japanese trailer. That's a nice touch, certainly does make the battle seem more realistic. The changes in graphical style are subtle, but they really make the world pop out more. I'm liking how 3D the landscape looks compared to XYORAS.

Snickerdoodle

Someone catch me I'm going to pass out from all the hype!

I'm actually surprised the popular theories for the trademarked names turned out to be right! And a release date, to boot! :') I need to draw those cute starters right now immediately such precious cuties I love them'''

Ok, i've spotted it, in one you have blue stripes on the shirt and red coloring on the shorts and on another, before meeting your rival, you have black stripes and grey/white coloring on the shorts. Took mo a while to see it.
Made an image for anyone still having problems seeing it, comparing the English and Japanese trailers:
qELwz6B.png

thank you very much for the reply Aromatic Mist, i was indeed asking about interactivity. im trying to get a complete 6 foreign language pokedex entries (non legendary) on my X save file and i made great progress on on all but Italian and Korean origin pkmn. how long on average do they keep the old GTS systems running after they move to anther generation?.

Gen VI's GTS will most likely continue to run until 3DS wi-fi is shut down, so that won't be for a while ^_^

As for trading, you'll get less of us, but Pokemon's high replayability value will probably manage to keep the trading scene alive for a while.

Cutty

Forever now
I need to see the female character.

CoroCoro should be more sourceful next.

Bus

I'm kind of surprised by the region a bit. We were all thinking that even if the region was based on one we knew (like France or the U.S.) that the influences would be minimal. This, though; this seems really Hawaiian from the beachfront homes, the Hawaiian attire, the volcano, to even the look of the rival (who looks like a native Hawaiian). So much hype and the release date is pretty much what I had figured; 'Holiday 2016' typically means November area since there's a string of holidays during that time.

I can't help but look at that seal and think clown. The red clown nose and frill on its neck...I'm willing to bet that its final design will more heavily incorporate a clown theme. It may even be juggling or balancing on something in its final form.
cheery-clown-seal.gif

EDIT: heck, just paint this thing blue and its the starter's first form lol.

Hokutonoken

I'm loving the coliseum style character models I'm so glad they got rid of the little version. I wanted that but didn't think they'd do it. I can't wait to explore these islands and I'm curious if they'll add a Niihau inspired island. I wonder what's in that volcano!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
LOL i agree with you on the water starter, it looks a bit silly. i hope i looks a bit like an evil clown or something that wont be considered funny looking in its fully evolve form. im not saying that Oshawott looks silly but i'd consider it cute. Samurott looks cool in its final form and grew up from its cute origins. i hope the gen 7 water starter has a similar trend when fully evolved.

I need to see the female character.

CoroCoro should be more sourceful next.

didnt they do that already in time frame 0:41 in the first vid they posted on the Serebii home page: the girl with a black bobcut hair style with a red flower hair accessory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.