• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm loving the coliseum style character models I'm so glad they got rid of the little version. I wanted that but didn't think they'd do it. I can't wait to explore these islands and I'm curious if they'll add a Niihau inspired island. I wonder what's in that volcano!

Coliseum was the first thing I thought of too and I love it. Even the way people look as you run by makes them look way more real.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just a small feature I noticed, but both trainers are now going to be visible during battle. Look at the beginning of the English trailer and the end of the Japanese trailer. That's a nice touch, certainly does make the battle seem more realistic. The changes in graphical style are subtle, but they really make the world pop out more. I'm liking how 3D the landscape looks compared to XYORAS.

That could only be in the very first battle too, as that's the only one we actually saw.

However, I think that would be a very awesome addition to the battles.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
So the trademarks were correct on the starters and the legendaries, solgaleo and lunaana fit both designs. which means the other one, presumably the 3rd legendary, is the real japanese name too.

I guess popplio's suppose to be osahwot 2.0, and i'll be shocked if the anime female companion of gen 7 doesn't use it in contests. it looks okay and out of the 3 it's the one i least feel like i would use it. Of course, if i looked at just turtwig or mudkip (yeah i don't much care for it) i would leaved them be and pick the other 2 but torterra and swampert are absolutely amazing. And in reverse, totodile would be my 1st pick of the johto starters if i've only seen their base forms but after looking at feraligator it became my least favorite of the 3 (man is it ugly). So i'll wait until at least the 1st evolutions are revealed to choose my 2 starters. Maybe i'll stat a new game just to put the 3rd one in the poke bank to get all of them. Also, it's too soon to know just for the base forms but i think either litten becomes fire/dark or remains pure fire (luxray also has black fur) and popplio looks like it'll remain pure water or maybe (and it's a stretch) becomes water/psychic (because we don't have enough of those already) because he could become a juggler that can use it's psychic powers to do some awesome shows.

Solgaleo looks like sabreleomon but white, which is awesome. lunaala is way more intricately designed than i thought, it's not only a bat it also looks like it's body is skeletal and the wind tips that are curve look like arceus's plates. When lunaala does it's signature attack you can see it's meant to be a bat. I'm really liking lunaala a lot.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Gen VI's GTS will most likely continue to run until 3DS wi-fi is shut down, so that won't be for a while ^_^

As for trading, you'll get less of us, but Pokemon's high replayability value will probably manage to keep the trading scene alive for a while.

thank you very much, if i can get a year or 2 out of the 3ds wi-fi then it be more than sufficient for 4/6 foreign languages.

i do have a question about the Pokemon franchise's future which would require some serious speculation. they are already saving programming space by making some pkmn transfer only to avoid programming a catching location ingame. when this transfer only feature becomes inneficient for the ???# of pkmn they'll have in the future what will they do if they want to hit a 1000 pkmn pokedex? i can see 2 options: (note i'll only use gen 7 as a possible reference point and not some new info/speculation on gen7)

1. a clean slate where they leave behind the current 790ish??? pkmn and make the following gen have 0 common pkmn to the previous generations.
2. they keep some percentage of pkmn from gen 1-7 and remove the rest of the unselected gen 1-6 pkmn to make room for the newer gen 8 pkmn.

both of these options will probably remove some fav pkmn for certain players and upsetting the fanbase. if the pokedex gets too bloated then they are just painting themselves into a corner as far as room for the dex and trolling perks go.

Last edited:

Toonadri

Hi guys! im exited for play sun and moon the 23th of november!
Now i have an idea,why we don't post our pokedex size predictions,i'll start!
Regional pokédex: 256 (i think this number it's a good balance of old and new,also it's a tropcial region i think a balance it be more realistc)
New Pokémon: 136
Old Pokémon: 120

Semi-confirmed old lines:
Meowth/Persian
Wailmer/Wailord

Possible old lines,i think these lines fit the region:

GEN 1

Ekans/Arbok (Snakes are pretty comon in tropical areas,it i'll be their frist apareance in a regional)
Mankey/Primeape (They fit in the region,and it i'll be their first appareance in a regional)
Tentacool/Tentacruel (Remember Hoeen? yeah...)
Geodude/Graveler/Golem (I think they will be in this region because the volcano seems a good place for them)
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone (I think they'll be in the pearl harbor)
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellosoom (I think this line it's pretty much guaranteed to...it's pretty tropicalish)
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victribell (Another Tropicalish Pokémon)
Eevee lines
Vulpix/Ninetales (I have a gut feeling that this lines will apparear)
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra (They're a Tropicalish pokemon,pretty much guaranteed)

GEN II:
Natu/Xatu (Hawaii has a tiki/totem theme,and they're based on that,i'll fit perfectly,also 1st time in a regional dex)
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill (Duh,they're in all the games)
Aipom/Ambipom (Inb4 a weird monkey in a tropical region? good fit.)
Girafarig (It looks tropical)
Heracross (It think i'll get a preevo)
Qwilifish (Tropcial fish)
Mantyke/Mantine (Tropicalish species)
Yanma/Yanmega (Seems to fit te region)
Slugma/Magcargo (Volcano areas,pretty much guaranteed)
Corsola (Tropicalish pokemon,i think corsola it's pretty much guaranteed)

GEN III
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo (Something about them makes me feel that they'll be in the regional)
Wingull/Pelipper (Duh..)
Shroomish/Breloom (I think they'll be in one of the forest of the game)
Gulpin/Swalot (Tropicalish poison types)
Lunatone (Obious,version exclusive)
Numel/Camerupt (Fire types)
Solrock (Obious,version exclusive)
Tropius (A really obscure pokemon that it only apareed in platinum dex)
Absol (Le obious)
Keckleon (With a preevo)

GEN IV
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray (It never appareed in a regional dex,so it can happen)
Shellos/Gastrodoon (Duh..)
Drifloon/Driflim (Just for phantom types)
Glameow/Purugly (Meowth counterpart and version exclusive and it never been in a regional before)
Chatot (Pretty obious why)
Finneon/Lumineon (Tropical fishes)

GEN V
Munna/Musharna (Psy types)
Woobat/Swoobat (Please no more zubats)
Drillbur/Excadrill (Ground types)
Sweaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny (Seems a good bug type for the region)
Basculin (Duh)
Darumaka/Daramitan (Le fire types)
Mincinno/Cincinno (Because it looks likely)
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe (Ice types)
Alolomola (Duh)
Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure (Fan-favorite)
Pawinard/Bisharp (Because why not)
Stunfisk (Because he's good)
Larvesta/Volcarona (Fits in the volcano)

GEN VI
Flabebé/Floette/Florges (Fairy type)
Pancham/Pangoro (Fighting types)
Furfrou (It probably be there)
Swirilix/Slurpuff (Well...fairy types)
Hawlucha (Popular)
Klefki (Popular)
Bergmite/Avalugg (Ice types)

And i think that i'll be a good number of old mons to balance bewteen old and new.

saki888

After watching the trailer I'm going to hold my judgment. I'm not all that impressed with starters nor scene so far but this it's first looks so I will wait to see more

The region openness seems rather more limited then x and y

Last edited:

Arcanineblitz

I wouldn't mind having no older mons til we beat the elite 4 but not sure it'll happen or if most fans would like that.

Toonadri

I wouldn't mind having no older mons til we beat the elite 4 but not sure it'll happen or if most fans would like that.

Having old mons is cool,but when there's a balance between both like platinum,emerald and BW2 where.
Kalos and Jotho where really unbalanced and sufred fo it,350 old pokemon in kalos and 72 old pokemon? sorry,but the worst pokedex that the franchise has seen,even worst than jotho,new mons begin overshadowed it's a let down for me.
But thank good,they'ill give us a balanced region and not a mess like XY.

Class Zero

We have arrived.

I think someone mentioned that in the Japanese trailer you see a Meowth? I don't know in what context though..

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Having old mons is cool,but when there's a balance between both like platinum,emerald and BW2 where.
Kalos and Jotho where really unbalanced and sufred fo it,350 old pokemon in kalos and 72 old pokemon? sorry,but the worst pokedex that the franchise has seen,even worst than jotho,new mons begin overshadowed it's a let down for me.
But thank good,they'ill give us a balanced region and not a mess like XY.

but there was only 72 pokemon in the new gen, I believe that was the problem. They didn't have enough pokemon to make it gen 6 exclusive or else it would have sucked imo. Everyone is going to have the same team basically with such a little amount of pokemon. I like people being able to sub in older gen pokemon for the ones they dont like in the new gen. Also I'm playing X and Y right now and there aren't enough different pokemon per route, it's annoying.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I think someone mentioned that in the Japanese trailer you see a Meowth? I don't know in what context though..

It's actually a meowth which i believe it's the mom's meowth. they wouldn't make a model for it not to show up so that pretty much confirms meowth. wailmer pail can also be seen in the same shot. Maybe the good old ORAS berry system is still here.

It's actually a meowth which i believe it's the mom's meowth. they wouldn't make a model for it not to show up so that pretty much confirms meowth. wailmer pail can also be seen in the same shot. Maybe the good old ORAS berry system is still here.

Wait, does it show up in the overworld? :eek:

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
That could only be in the very first battle too, as that's the only one we actually saw.

However, I think that would be a very awesome addition to the battles.

Very possible, but the fact that we can see our rival in battle mid-animation makes me think this is something that will at least feature in important battles. We'll see I guess, though I certainly do hope it happens!

Toonadri

that its pretty possible,i think it can perfectly fit in a region like hawaii.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

shadowF

I agree with everyone that I want more new pokemon to appear in the new region, my hope is that at the very least we wont get the kanto starters in the main story, or any of the other starters for that matter. I believe it is the generation 7 starters and pokemon time to shine!

Terry93D

I'm so sad that there's no music discussion thread, but my GOD, that is the best rendition to the main Pokemon theme I've ever heard. Hawaii is confirmed, The OCs are adorable, the characters look interesting, Aloha is looking very promising, LITTEN IS MY SPIRIT POKEMON, and both Legends appeal to me.

Just...so much to look forward to. Thank you, Based Masuda.

Agreed. That is the best rendition of the Pokemon theme ever. It sounds absolutely excellent. I wonder who from the sound team did it? I am looking forward to the Sun/Moon soundtrack.

Last edited:

diakyu

Yeah I see the tall grass on the big pan out shot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.