• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is exactly what I was saying, and the guy even agreed with me!

You guys... -_-

Sorry if I phrased it wrong, I was just saying it again because people still don't seem to get it, I wasn't meaning it to you ;^w^

knightwolf09

Indeed! That's what I was getting at!
Now, everything feels more natural! :D

You also noticed that trainers are now completely visible in battle?

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Here is a question for you guys. Many have speculated that Kalos will return to conclude the Zygarde story, however, the 3DS had a hard time with Kalos especially with Lumiose City. Do you think GameFreak found a way to include Alola and Kalos even with a slight graphical overhaul? Is it even possible from a technical standpoint?

Aetius

You also noticed that trainers are now completely visible in battle?

Another fantastic addition if I say so myself! :D

Here is a question for you guys. Many have speculated that Kalos will return to conclude the Zygarde story, however, the 3DS had a hard time with Kalos especially with Lumiose City. Do you think GameFreak found a way to include Alola and Kalos even with a slight graphical overhaul? Is it even possible from a technical standpoint?

Hmm, at this point I doubt we will see Kalos again in the near future...
As for the technical aspect, I'd say that it wouldn't be impossible considering that back in gen 4 they were able to put Kanto and Johto together with large improvements here and there, but honestly I can't see them doing that anytime soon...
How would they even connect the two regions? That's the most important question in my opinion....

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Could it be that GF saw that coro coro leaked early (during x/y and ORAS hype seasons) and spoiled new info and isn't putting info for the games in it anymore and instead is having it give info on when official information will come out so that even if coro coro does leak we won't get much?

This happens since Pokémon and CoroCoro are a thing. I'm sure they haven't noticed the leaks just now...

Wadeledge

Till all are One
There wasn't any info in CoroCoro because TPC wanted to gurantee that they'd be the first to reveal the info and didn't want to risk it getting leaked before hand.

Good. I'm sick of leaks, I want to see the info when we're supposed to see the info. Imagine the let down if we had gotten crappy cell pics of the starters and then the trailer reveal. I like them doing it this way.

It's not just Pokemon either, but Nintendo stuff in general. I'm tired of having things spoiled.

Hell even the most recent episode of Game of Thrones was spoiled for me because I read something Saturday that said [REDACTED] would be coming back to the show after being gone since season 3.

Pokemon likely did this so the very first news isn't spoilt by CoroCoro, they haven't been terribly bothered with leaks in the past so I don't see why they'd care now.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Pokemon likely did this so the very first news isn't spoilt by CoroCoro, they haven't been terribly bothered with leaks in the past so I don't see why they'd care now.

If it's anything like last time it will be leaks on the 10-12th of each month then the official reveal on the Pokemon website on the 15th.

Good on Pokemon & Game Freak though. This is two generations in a row that haven't had the Starters spoiled in low quality cell phone pics!

LePetitMeow

Those "speculations" are baseless. The Zygarde story isn't going to get completed in these games. The overhaul graphically would be pointless if they were planning on including the previous gen's region in the games. Kanto was included in GSC because the graphic designs were still grid-based and the same graphic style. These two styles are still different, no matter the degree.

Zygarde is going to more than likely be wrapped up in the anime. It was never a powerhouse, the two hidden moves can be trashed since they were not accessible and never revealed officially without the help of hacking, the new formes don't HAVE to be worked into the games, especially the cores and cells (since neither have attacks, stats, and the cells aren't even really Pokemon on their own, and have no consciousness). A return to Kalos (France) from Alola (Hawaii) is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disjointed and makes no sense. There's no connection between the two. Not by train. Not even by one direct boat. Plane? Maybe. But it's so unlikely that would happen. Hawaii is an archipelago in the Pacific, France is a landlocked European nation some 7,433 miles away. If Kalos had unfinished storylines, that's GF's fault for not finishing them. They'll probably remain that way.

It IS possible from a technical standpoint, with there being enough storage within the cartridges, but the work to be put into it JUST for a Zygarde and train station completion wouldn't be worth it.

This is...difficult to navigate. X and Y were 1.7GB and ORAS were 1.8GB, I believe?

We've had a handful, at best, of games come in at over the 3GB mark, so while it's possible and I love to think about it, it seems rather unlikely. Add to that the possibility of the game being strained as it is with the graphical overhaul and it makes it even less so. Actually, I think it struggles slightly even in the trailers, though I think they've got time to try and tidy it up a bit.

And then the bigger question is, will it be Kalos? Because yes, we do have the Zygarde plot everyone wants to be covered, but let's not forget that they 'just' designed and modelled Kalos; would they really want to do that again so soon to show off the graphical upgrade? And then there's the Easter eggs in the trailer that the boy was clearly coming from Japan to Hawaii playing Pokémon Green, and this boy seems to represent our player character to an extent, so I actually think, from what we've seen so far, there's more going on with the theory that we'll be returning to Kanto, with it being implied that that's where the boy may come from.

All I can hear now is everyone complaining. "Kanto again?"

But why? On the graphical overhaul front alone I'd love to revisit the region, not to mention that they could pull off something where whilst we are returning to a familiar region, it is 20 years later than the events of RBGY/FRLG and Gen I, to reflect the anniversary (obviously). I think that would massively open it up for a refreshing story, and Zygarde doesn't necessarily have to be encountered in Kalos.

There wasn't any info in CoroCoro because TPC wanted to gurantee that they'd be the first to reveal the info and didn't want to risk it getting leaked before hand.

Good. I'm sick of leaks, I want to see the info when we're supposed to see the info. Imagine the let down if we had gotten crappy cell pics of the starters and then the trailer reveal. I like them doing it this way.

It's not just Pokemon either, but Nintendo stuff in general. I'm tired of having things spoiled.

Hell even the most recent episode of Game of Thrones was spoiled for me because I read something Saturday that said [REDACTED] would be coming back to the show after being gone since season 3.

I've been saying they should, and will, continue the trend with Sun and Moon, and I'm so glad they have so far!

20th Anniversary and marketing tactics. Not to mention they're being much more wary after what's going on with Nintendo lately.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm glad the first big reveal was not spoiled and we got to see it in a trailer. I don't mind seeing some other stuff in corocoro like showing a few other new pokemon, some characters, etc.

But why? On the graphical overhaul front alone I'd love to revisit the region, not to mention that they could pull off something where whilst we are returning to a familiar region, it is 20 years later than the events of RBGY/FRLG and Gen I, to reflect the anniversary (obviously). I think that would massively open it up for a refreshing story, and Zygarde doesn't necessarily have to be encountered in Kalos.!

Because people are sick of going to the same place over and over, even if it has a new coat of paint? Plus the fact its routes were made for 151 Pokemon it'll immediately have poorer distribution than other regions can offer.

And Zygarde is said to explicitly defend Kalos.

Master_Tyrell

This is...difficult to navigate. X and Y were 1.7GB and ORAS were 1.8GB, I believe?

We've had a handful, at best, of games come in at over the 3GB mark, so while it's possible and I love to think about it, it seems rather unlikely. Add to that the possibility of the game being strained as it is with the graphical overhaul and it makes it even less so. Actually, I think it struggles slightly even in the trailers, though I think they've got time to try and tidy it up a bit.

And then the bigger question is, will it be Kalos? Because yes, we do have the Zygarde plot everyone wants to be covered, but let's not forget that they 'just' designed and modelled Kalos; would they really want to do that again so soon to show off the graphical upgrade? And then there's the Easter eggs in the trailer that the boy was clearly coming from Japan to Hawaii playing Pokémon Green, and this boy seems to represent our player character to an extent, so I actually think, from what we've seen so far, there's more going on with the theory that we'll be returning to Kanto, with it being implied that that's where the boy may come from.

But why? On the graphical overhaul front alone I'd love to revisit the region, not to mention that they could pull off something where whilst we are returning to a familiar region, it is 20 years later than the events of RBGY/FRLG and Gen I, to reflect the anniversary (obviously). I think that would massively open it up for a refreshing story, and Zygarde doesn't necessarily have to be encountered in Kalos.

I've been saying they should, and will, continue the trend with Sun and Moon, and I'm so glad they have so far!

20th Anniversary and marketing tactics. Not to mention they're being much more wary after what's going on with Nintendo lately.

If Kanto is featured, which I do feel there will be a lot of focus to Kanto if it does happen (not such a big deal in the end, though), then I hope to see the Sevii Islands. They could even use it as the place for another facility a la Battle Frontier or World Tournament. It would surely be a completely new experience if the time difference is so much, which would also include lore in this new history we have going on. What has changed in Kanto in this new world where the Ultimate Weapon was launched, how has it affected the development of the region, etc.

Because people are sick of going to the same place over and over, even if it has a new coat of paint? Plus the fact its routes were made for 151 Pokemon it'll immediately have poorer distribution than other regions can offer.

And Zygarde is said to explicitly defend Kalos.

Story-wise we haven't actually had anything new since Gen II, so like I said, a 20 year development could make it very different. Remember how much Unova changed in just two years?

And yes, I'm aware. But we don't have to return to Kalos to see Zygarde defend it.
For example, if the story has the moon coming to crash into the earth (just an example), you can bet Complete Zygarde will be there to stop it. In such a case it would have to protect the world to protect Kalos.

Or we could simply have a Zygarde Core brought over by Team Flare in the post-game. It wouldn't be that difficult of a point to overcome.

Story-wise we haven't actually had anything new since Gen II, so like I said, a 20 year development could make it very different. Remember how much Unova changed in just two years?

And yes, I'm aware. But we don't have to return to Kalos to see Zygarde defend it.
For example, if the story has the moon coming to crash into the earth (just an example), you can bet Complete Zygarde will be there to stop it. In such a case it would have to protect the world to protect Kalos.

Or we could simply have a Zygarde Core brought over by Team Flare in the post-game. It wouldn't be that difficult of a point to overcome.

Just because there's story potential shouldn't mean they should do it. Kanto already had a sequel, it doesn't need another.

And they could easily to that in Alola, especially if it's a bunch of islands and some art post-game.

KidKip

Avid Shiny Hunter
The Sevii Islands would be a phenomenal addition to gameplay if they do it as well as they did them in FR/LG. I loved the islands and I think they would fit with the theme and setting of Sun and Moon's region (whose name I can't remember) . It's wild speculation, but if it does happen I'd be happy.

On another note, I love that TPC is not leaking things. I feel so much better knowing that basically everything we hear comes directly from what will actually be in the game. It prevents a lot of complaints with TPC and what they may or may not even be doing with the series we love so dearly. They should be commended.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I'd take Kanto over Kalos any day, we've only just left Kalos and I don't particularly care for Zygarde.. so it's a no-brainer. :D

And technically we haven't even been to alternate universe's Kanto right? If I'm understanding the who alternate universe thing correctly..

On another note, I love that TPC is not leaking things. I feel so much better knowing that basically everything we hear comes directly from what will actually be in the game. It prevents a lot of complaints with TPC and what they may or may not even be doing with the series we love so dearly. They should be commended.

Leaking has nothing to do with TPC, though? And pretty much every leaked thing, if not every leaked thing, is always in the game.

Just because there's story potential shouldn't mean they should do it. Kanto already had a sequel, it doesn't need another.

And they could easily to that in Alola, especially if it's a bunch of islands and some art post-game.

My last point was about them being brought over to Alola.

just a small reminder that every main series Pokémon game since Gen I is a sequel or remake

Leaking has nothing to do with TPC, though? And pretty much every leaked thing, if not every leaked thing, is always in the game.

Pretty sure TPC controls what CoroCoro is given to leak reveal in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.