• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Let's talk of something different for a moment...

Masuda will be attending the Japan Expo on July 7th.
If one may recall, Honedge was revealed at the Japan Expo back in 2013.

Well I hope the video will be up on Internet at the same time.

Bus

I think Corocoro said that this months issue will have exclusive sun and moon info to itself. Meaning it's probably something different.

Sweet; I hope that's true. It'd be nice to get two different scoops of new information in the same month. If it is different, it might just be new pokemon and maybe some Team Evil information while the special release tomorrow might be dropping news of a brand new feature or something. Its hard to top Mega Evolution or a new type, but who knows; maybe some kind of new mechanic will be introduced tomorrow.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think the news tomorrow could be the big new thing, like possibly synch evolution. Corocoro would be the one to just show some new pokemon and characters.

Supersonicbro

I think the news tomorrow could be the big new thing, like possibly synch evolution. Corocoro would be the one to just show some new pokemon and characters.

Speaking of corocoro, before it comes out, is there any reason why we shouldn't think we'll get any new info? Any specific wording? Because even though we were told they'd give their own info this month, after it comes out and it does otherwise, people say "well they ACTUALLY said....".

I just want to know before i can truly get excited about the news.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
OK, seriously, I must the only pokemon fan in the whole planet to not feel the hype for tomorrow's news. What's wrong with me? And please, don't say it's Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates lol

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm really hoping we get the official artwork of the protagonists... We've seen so little of the female player and I'm dying to see her in high resolution.

As for the Japan Expo... I could totally see them pulling a Honedge on us this year as well. That'd be pretty neat. :)

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm really hoping we get the official artwork of the protagonists... We've seen so little of the female player and I'm dying to see her in high resolution.

As for the Japan Expo... I could totally see them pulling a Honedge on us this year as well. That'd be pretty neat. :)

I will laugh if we get Honedge's counterpart (a shield Pokémon) revealed in the Expo. It will be hilarious.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
OK, seriously, I must the only pokemon fan in the whole planet to not feel the hype for tomorrow's news. What's wrong with me? And please, don't say it's Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates lol

Well masuda did make a countdown again two weeks ago, even longer than the last trailer. So it should be something pretty hype worthy.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I don't know where the correct place to ask this is, so my apologies if this is the wrong section.

I am considering pre-ordering the 'Official Collector's Edition Guide' of Sun and Moon. I haven't purchased or used an official guide since the days of Gold and Ruby, and I have fond memories of those guides being helpful in listing the pokemon on each route, showing clear maps, and having a pokedex in the back. My question is, have the more recent Pokemon guidebooks been decent, and do we know if the SM guidebook will have a dex?

From the guidebook's description:

Here’s what you’ll find inside:
-Premium Hardcover
-Bonus Content only available in the Collector’s Edition
-Detailed walkthrough of the brand-new Pokémon games!
-Locations of where to catch Pokémon!
-Lists of moves, items, and more—including how to obtain them!
-Helpful tips for getting the most out of communication features!
-Pullout map of the region!

It doesn't say there will be a pokedex; does this mean there won't be one, or is it likely they just didn't include it in their description and the guidebook actually contains more information than listed?

Bus

I will laugh if we get Honedge's counterpart (a shield Pokémon) revealed in the Expo. It will be hilarious.

It'd be kind of cool if there was an entire Shield line pokemon, but if you trade a Honedge for the new Shield pokemon, both players get a new fused ghostly Knight pokemon; like a durahan. Kind of like the cross-evolve method introduced in Gen 5 with those two bugs (though they both evolved into two different things whereas this is more of a fusion of the two and BOTH players get the pokemon).

It doesn't say there will be a pokedex; does this mean there won't be one, or is it likely they just didn't include it in their description and the guidebook actually contains more information than listed?

I don't know about a straight up new Pokedex...though with as big as those books are, I wouldn't doubt it. It might be simpler to just use Serebii as your Dex since it'll eventually be the go-to site for Sun & Moon anyway. Not that I'm disregarding the guide completely; sometimes its nice to have just because of how cool it is even with the internet (like having the Skyrim guide), but if all it ends up missing is the Dex, it might still be worth it. There's also the phone app Dexter; that thing is the greatest Poke-app I've ever seen. it just updated the other day so that all the pokemon within have their 6th Gen 3D sprites as well as Shiny form in addition to pretty much every other bit of info you could want. It's literally like having the Pokedex, Dexter, in your pocket lol.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Speaking of corocoro, before it comes out, is there any reason why we shouldn't think we'll get any new info? Any specific wording?

No, but with other reveals present, there is little reason to expect diversion, as Corocoro doesn't dedicate a lot of pages for Pokémon.

Another reason would be the fact that the next Corocoro will talk about movie predominantly, as it would be the July issue.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
... It might be simpler to just use Serebii as your Dex since it'll eventually be the go-to site for Sun & Moon anyway. Not that I'm disregarding the guide completely; sometimes its nice to have just because of how cool it is even with the internet (like having the Skyrim guide), but if all it ends up missing is the Dex, it might still be worth it. There's also the phone app Dexter; that thing is the greatest Poke-app I've ever seen. it just updated the other day so that all the pokemon within have their 6th Gen 3D sprites as well as Shiny form in addition to pretty much every other bit of info you could want. It's literally like having the Pokedex, Dexter, in your pocket lol.

Thank you for this information~ I usually do just use Serebii as my dex, so it won't be the end of the world if there is no pokedex in the guide, as long as there is still some information on the pokemon within the routes. Unfortunately I don't have a SmartPhone to utilize the dex app you mention here, but I'll have to remember that for when I do eventually upgrade!

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I don't know where the correct place to ask this is, so my apologies if this is the wrong section.

I am considering pre-ordering the 'Official Collector's Edition Guide' of Sun and Moon. I haven't purchased or used an official guide since the days of Gold and Ruby, and I have fond memories of those guides being helpful in listing the pokemon on each route, showing clear maps, and having a pokedex in the back. My question is, have the more recent Pokemon guidebooks been decent, and do we know if the SM guidebook will have a dex?

From the guidebook's description:

Here’s what you’ll find inside:
-Premium Hardcover
-Bonus Content only available in the Collector’s Edition
-Detailed walkthrough of the brand-new Pokémon games!
-Locations of where to catch Pokémon!
-Lists of moves, items, and more—including how to obtain them!
-Helpful tips for getting the most out of communication features!
-Pullout map of the region!

If I recall, the newer guidebooks haven't been including a good dex because the dex has gotten so large. I think they might have a regional dex or just a dex of the new pokemon, but the info is usually pretty basic. Personally, as a breeder, I find most of the published dexes lacking. The information is usually incomplete or too general. Serebii is my go-to dex.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
If I recall, the newer guidebooks haven't been including a good dex because the dex has gotten so large. I think they might have a regional dex or just a dex of the new pokemon, but the info is usually pretty basic. Personally, as a breeder, I find most of the published dexes lacking. The information is usually incomplete or too general. Serebii is my go-to dex.

If only serebii had his own pokedex app with his IV Calc and game mechanics sections built in... -_-

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i'll say tomorrow's news will be either trailer bird, trailer dog or even both and possibly trailer...i mean regional bug (unless they reduce the number of bug types even further and decide to not even include a bug type). We could get the corocoro footage of getting out of your house and i suspect we'll finally see that elusive tall grass. Remember, pre XY we got a single video just to present pyroar, male and female. I think sync evolution or whatever big mechanic they may have in store will be shown either next month or in august, preferably by TPC themselves first. IF we're still having megas i'm hoping for some reveals in the same frame of july/august. But for this early, i'm not expecting much but at least the trailer mons to be officially revealed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
i'll say tomorrow's news will be either trailer bird, trailer dog or even both and possibly trailer...i mean regional bug (unless they reduce the number of bug types even further and decide to not even include a bug type). We could get the corocoro footage of getting out of your house and i suspect we'll finally see that elusive tall grass. Remember, pre XY we got a single video just to present pyroar, male and female. I think sync evolution or whatever big mechanic they may have in store will be shown either next month or in august, preferably by TPC themselves first. IF we're still having megas i'm hoping for some reveals in the same frame of july/august. But for this early, i'm not expecting much but at least the trailer mons to be officially revealed.

It's not going to just be a few random early game pokemon, masuda has hyped this up for two weeks. Pretty sure it will be something about synch evolution.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's not going to just be a few random early game pokemon, masuda has hyped this up for two weeks. Pretty sure it will be something about synch evolution.

that and/or legendaries names and typings would make me very happy.
I try not to get too hyped up anymore as to not get let down though so either way news is exciting.

Supersonicbro

Yeah we saw furfrou and skiddo way before they were officially revealed. I don't think we'll get them yet. Maybe the bird next month.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding the events on July, it is likely they will reveal the "trailer bird" and the Pokemon that briefly appeared in the Sun/Moon trailer assuming they are not revealed on Thursday. A bit doubtful about the whole "sync evolution" thing given we are likely seeing a return of trainer customisation which could make things needlessly complicated down the line.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It still feels way too early to introduce Synchros, IMO. I think tomorrow will just have more gameplay and new Pokemon, which would suffice enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.