• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
I don't know if I'll be home tomorrow at 9am PDT, so I'm starting to get really nervous lol. At least I'm sure I'll be home for the Pokemon Special on the 16th (7am PDT).

LePetitMeow

From E3, I'm betting we'll see a bit of the following;

-Initial gameplay of course
-Two or three new non-legendary Pokemon
-A new battle mechanic
-Possible new information on Zygarde's forms and how they work
-Confirmation on the return of trainer customization

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I hope we don't get walking Pokémon and they actually give us other stuff that can actually benefit us as players with the space saved.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
With the graphics being improved to the point that now we have proportional human models and no signs of grid-based maps, I wouldn't like walking Pokemon. IMO it would look to much like a pet from a MMORPG with the current graphics, something that has been done before in various games. I'd rather they spend their time doing something new and surprising.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Since E3 will just be showing off gameplay, I'm guessing:

-Some of the beggining of the game
-A couple early route Pokemon (new and old)
-A little bit of the first gym
-Confirmation of customization returning
-Around 30-40 minutes of gameplay in total

shadowF

I would also like Synchro to be revealed tomorrow, as when Mega Evolution was revealed I felt it could have been more appropriate not to do it in Magazine but it would be better in an event like this.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What if... Synchro is just another name for Mega Evolution, and only exclusive to Gen 7 Pokemon?

Pilpulp

美的
What if... Synchro is just another name for Mega Evolution, and only exclusive to Gen 7 Pokemon?

Still no thanks. When they dilute the game with all these variations to mechanics it just makes it seem like they have no idea what they are doing. They need to pick something and stick with it, anything else just makes it gimmicky.

We haven't even got Megas for Gen 6 (except Diancie) and they've already moved on? Also, while saying that, Greninja is Gen 6 so it can't just be Gen 7.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Still no thanks. When they dilute the game with all these variations to mechanics it just makes it seem like they have no idea what they are doing. They need to pick something and stick with it, anything else just makes it gimmicky.

We haven't even got Megas for Gen 6 (except Diancie) and they've already moved on? Also, while saying that, Greninja is Gen 6 so it can't just be Gen 7.

I know about Ash Greninja, but it's based on Ash, possibly making it an anime-exclusive.
To be honest, I agree with you. I'd prefer they stick with Mega Evolution. But I never liked the concept of Megas to begin with anyway...

knightwolf09

Kinda sucks that I can't expect much tomorrow. If there was a time to reveal a new mechanic or something, this would be the perfect time. But I guess they wanna keep us waiting a bit.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
? When did they say/inference that?

AFAIK Junichi Masuada is at E3 so I'll be very surprised if we don't get a reveal at least on par with X&Y which revealed Fairy Type + 3 Pokemon.

I'm with you, E3 is the biggest stage in gaming and so any announcements or reveals Masuda is gonna make are gonna be substantial, in my opinion.

I think this is one time we can actually allow ourselves to have hope for a big info drop :D

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I wonder what are the token fossil Pokemon based on (if we're getting them) in these games? :)

I'm hoping they go with an ice age themed fossil Pokemon, a Sabretooth, a Giant sloth, mammoth or something like that would be cool.
We will probably get fossils, the only time we didn't was Gen 2 but Gen 1 was connected to it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I kind of hope they reveal a Dragon type pokemon soon. We already got Grass, Fire, Water, Steel, Psychic, Ghost, Rock, Normal, Flying and Fairy pokemon revealed. That leaves Bug, Poison, Dark, Fighting, Electric, Ground, Ice and Dragon pokemon to be shown.

Hauke_von_Arding

I'm hoping they go with an ice age themed fossil Pokemon, a Sabretooth, a Giant sloth, mammoth or something like that would be cool.
We will probably get fossils, the only time we didn't was Gen 2 but Gen 1 was connected to it.

Mammoth? We already have one. Mamoswine is close enough.
Giant sloth? Slaking is obviously one.
Raikou is pretty close to a sabretooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.