• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
but then again, there are repeats on animals. cats, dogs, cat/dog hybrids, monkeys... I wouldn't mind if they made a ice type saber tooth tiger and even an ice type sloth too. mamoswine is already a good enough mammoth but the other two i think there can be some ice age versions. Also, for the fossils i would love to see a rock/fairy type, even though we already have 2 of them (you know, since fossils are always rock type). rock/grass is an amazing type combo and i would also love to see another rep as a fossil. Or give us mega cradilly with an ability to absorb fighting type moves (which could be extended to some poison types) called absorbing body. the idea is when a pokemon uses a fighting type move, the body absorbs and negates the hit entirely. muk or goodra could have this ability too. for mega cradily, design it around the ability.

i'll be unable to see the E3 footage live so i'll excitedly wait for the news. i'm calling trailer bird will show up.

Last edited:
but then again, there are repeats on animals. cats, dogs, cat/dog hybrids, monkeys...

Tbf, ever single one of those you listed have many variations irl, too. It makes sense to have many cat Pokémon, because there's tons of cat breeds.

i'll be unable to see the E3 footage live so i'll excitedly wait for the news. i'm calling trailer bird will show up.

Same, maybe the 'early mammal' too if Nekkoala isn't it.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I wonder what are the token fossil Pokemon based on (if we're getting them) in these games? :)

To be honest, I'd rather they cool it with the fossils for a couple gens. We've got so many already it's feeling really overloaded with fossils. I mean, we should still have a choice of fossils in this game, but make it Cranidos and Shieldon or something.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
To be honest, I'd rather they cool it with the fossils for a couple gens. We've got so many already it's feeling really overloaded with fossils. I mean, we should still have a choice of fossils in this game, but make it Cranidos and Shieldon or something.
How can you say we're overloaded? The choice is always for whichever ones are new to the generation, it's not like we're forced to choose between all of them. It's like saying we're "overloaded" with starter pokemon.

Not to mention the immense diversity of prehistoric animals that have yet to be touched on. Obviously some can be covered in non-fossil pokemon but having at least one fossil duo per generation is useful.

And I seriously doubt the islands being volcanic will be a hindrance to having fossil pokemon in the game. If its addressed at all they could just say that the fossils come from deep in the ocean floor rather than the island itself.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Hawaii isn't a good spot for fossils due to volcanic activity. Most fossil record found are basically corals and molluscs...

Of course, they can throw in fossilmon if they want to, but I agree that fossils can take a break...

Yeah, make it like Johto, fossils need a break. Especially if we can go back to Kalos.

What I want to see is TRAINER CUSTOMISATION. Because unlike Serena, Sun/Moon's girl protagonist looks like sh*t. The boy is fine.

RzK

Meow
What is to be gained by not having fossils? IMHO, fossil Pokemon are always nice to have, and very unique. Contrary to popular opinion, I'd love it if we had more than two fossils this time ^_^ If they have badass designs like in Gen 5 and 6, it is even better!

LoveMcQueen5683

Yeah, make it like Johto, fossils need a break. Especially if we can go back to Kalos.

What I want to see is TRAINER CUSTOMISATION. Because unlike Serena, Sun/Moon's girl protagonist looks like sh*t. The boy is fine.

She's quirky and different. The boy is below average imo but cute as hell with blonde hair. But the hair is too long so i hope theres a salon again.

Btw, is there anywhere to watch the stream or whatever e3 is doing live?

Last edited by a moderator:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What is to be gained by not having fossils? IMHO, fossil Pokemon are always nice to have, and very unique. Contrary to popular opinion, I'd love it if we had more than two fossils this time ^_^ If they have badass designs like in Gen 5 and 6, it is even better!

I agree with you on the fossils, bring more on! If they briing in anymore fossils then please make some sort of primal reversion for the fossil pokemon we already have.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
While it's not necessary, fossils barely existing in Hawaii doesn't mean we're not getting any this generation as fossils are rarely exclusive to where the region is based on. If they wanted, they could throw a Saber Tooth tiger onto the region and no one would bat an eye considering Amargasauruses don't come from France.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I agree with you on the fossils, bring more on! If they briing in anymore fossils then please make some sort of primal reversion for the fossil pokemon we already have.
Primal Reversion works for Groudon and Kyogre because they are intimately connected with the planet's energies thanks to them being basically incarnations of earth and water. It's not simply a matter of being an ancient species, they have to be able to take in power from the planet itself, so there is no reason for fossil pokemon to have such forms.

And Aerodactyl having a mega evolution and retaining its typing suggests we shouldn't expect any of the fossils to get forms that match the types they "used" to be (assuming they were a different type back then, heck Relicanth's typing may mean that ancient pokemon were mostly all part Rock type).

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Btw, is there anywhere to watch the stream or whatever e3 is doing live?

They're showing Pokemon on the Nintendo Treehouse segment right?

If so.. https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo there's their Twitch.
And they're also streaming it on Youtube I believe.

*The Serebii frontpage has also been updated and has the Youtube stream to watch.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Primal Reversion works for Groudon and Kyogre because they are intimately connected with the planet's energies thanks to them being basically incarnations of earth and water. It's not simply a matter of being an ancient species, they have to be able to take in power from the planet itself, so there is no reason for fossil pokemon to have such forms.

And Aerodactyl having a mega evolution and retaining its typing suggests we shouldn't expect any of the fossils to get forms that match the types they "used" to be (assuming they were a different type back then, heck Relicanth's typing may mean that ancient pokemon were mostly all part Rock type).

sorry I should have explained myself more, but not a primal reversion but something like one, like a prehistoric reversion. I know the debate is already settled for fossils having actual primal reversions so I know thats not a thing. But if they didn't want to make anymore fossil pokemon, it'd be cool if they somehow expanded on the ones we have now in whatever way it be. I think a prehistoric reversion would be a good idea. Although when it comes to the fossils and rock typing, I think that maybe as pokemon evolved, the typings dispersed a lot more and rock typing became not as common, whereas normal typing pokemon started to emerge more and thriving and then soonafter, other types did the same. If any of that makes sense lol.

Ascended Dialga

It's been said that Zygarde's new forms will appear in Sun & Moon in "an interesting way". What could that mean?

Akashin

Ooh I really like the new battle interface. And is that an automatic Pokeball button?

Looks like it. How will that work for different ball types, I wonder?

I don't see a Use Last Ball option, though, so it actually is probably just replacing that and giving a convenient Y button press to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.