• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It is an unnecessary risk. I rather they make it so you can't use items as a trade-off. An automatic loss of a battle would make the games difficult when it is clear that they are suppose to be made easy from gen 6 and beyond.
I don't see how it's not a fair trade-off. Say you get an 130-150 power boost, then that would definitely be fair and not very difficult.

knightwolf09

Even putting that aside, Hau seems to be fire sky towards you in general. He's even described as your friend on the site.

As said before, the fainting mechanic probably won't even be included. That was just pure speculation.

Yeah, but all the main rivals at least show some concern to try and beat you. Heck, even Calem/Serena.

Well that's mostly up to personality, Hawaii is full of chill people so I would expect him to have a carefree attitude. Even Brendan and May took their losses about as well as he did. Seriously, look up their loss animations in ORAS.

clbgolden12

Well that's mostly up to personality, Hawaii is full of chill people so I would expect him to have a carefree attitude. Even Brendan and May took their losses about as well as he did. Seriously, look up their loss animations in ORAS.
You do make a good point about Brendan/May, but at least they had the stronger starter. Hau only has the weaker starter.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Items are barely a trade-offs when you're Mega Khangaskhan and you're murdering everything brutally.

Also, it's not like you'd be forced to use it at all, thus your easiness comments are pointless.
My comments are not pointless. Imagine a brand new player of a pokemon game who ends up using the Synchro and the reaction they have when they lose automatically when synchro pokemon faints. I doubt Game Freak would be that cruel. I consider no item use a good trade-off.

I don't see how it's not a fair trade-off. Say you get an 130-150 power boost, then that would definitely be fair and not very difficult.
Maybe your pokemon's moves are drained by 2pp instead of 1pp each turn they are used. As I said, no item use is a good trade-off in my opinion.

knightwolf09

You do make a good point about Brendan/May, but at least they had the stronger starter. Hau only has the weaker starter.

Yeah, what if they wanted to change things up? Nothing's stopping them really, and for some reason no one thinks that they would ever want to.

clbgolden12

My comments are not pointless. Imagine a brand new player of a pokemon game who ends up using the Synchro and the reaction they have when they lose automatically when synchro pokemon faints. I doubt Game Freak would be that cruel. I consider no item use a good trade-off.

Maybe your pokemon's moves are drained by 2pp instead of 1pp each turn they are used. As I said, no item use is a good trade-off in my opinion.
A new player would most definitely be alerted to the form change's side-effects before using it in-game, so it wouldn't be cruel.

And as said before, the player fainting is still pure speculation.

Yeah, what if they wanted to change things up? Nothing's stopping them really, and for some reason no one thinks that they would ever want to.
They could change things up, but I don't see why they would in this case.

My comments are not pointless. Imagine a brand new player of a pokemon game who ends up using the Synchro and the reaction they have when they lose automatically when synchro pokemon faints. I doubt Game Freak would be that cruel. I consider no item use a good trade-off..

Not really cruel if they're shown the consequences in a forced battle, akin to Mega Lucario v Mega Lucario.

Also, the item trade off isn't going to happen got another new feature, we've literally had Primal and Mega for both. And even then, Primal only exists so the Primals could exist before the Ultimate Weapon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A new player would most definitely be alerted to the form change's side-effects before using it in-game, so it wouldn't be cruel.

And as said before, the player fainting is still pure speculation.

Some players liked 5 to 10 year olds probably skip through the tutorial because a number of players don't want it. Some even don't pay attention to it. I get it is speculation but I think Synchro should be handled sensibly if it is in the game.

Not really cruel if they're shown the consequences in a forced battle, akin to Mega Lucario v Mega Lucario.

Also, the item trade off isn't going to happen got another new feature, we've literally had Primal and Mega for both. And even then, Primal only exists so the Primals could exist before the Ultimate Weapon.
The risk is far too great in my opinion. It be better if it didn't appear in the games if they going to give it such a major downside.

clbgolden12

Some players liked 5 to 10 year olds probably skip through the tutorial because a number of players don't want it. Some even don't pay attention to it. I get it is speculation but I think Synchro should be handled sensibly if it is in the game.
Well if a player skips through the dialogue or ignores it that's their fault.

And what does the player fainting have to do with Syncrhos being taken "seriously"?

knightwolf09

TBH it really doesn't matter what starter they choose except the beginning, cause even if your rival has the stronger starter the more you battle them, more than likely you already have a pokemon on your team to counter that starter, and they'd have more than that one. So I suppose it really doesn't matter what starter they choose in the long run.

clbgolden12

TBH it really doesn't matter what starter they choose except the beginning, cause even if your rival has the stronger starter the more you battle them, more than likely you already have a pokemon on your team to counter that starter, and they'd have more than that one. So I suppose it really doesn't matter what starter they choose in the long run.
But in the very beginning it at least shows that they have an edge on you (before you catch more Pokemon). And besides that, it's always been a way to indicate who the main rival is in Pokemon games.

Thriller

Its almost time
After my thorough disappointment in XY, which signaled "Thats it, I'm not interested in Pokemon anymore!", I must say that Sun/Moon keeps on impressing me with more and more news. LOVE the reagion. Starters are iffy but their Evolutions are what counts. Solgeo and Whatever-Bat are WAAAAAAY better than Xerneas & Yveltal.

Now if I can just bloody afford to buy video games and a new 3DS.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Well if a player skips through the dialogue or ignores it that's their fault.

And what does the player fainting have to do with Syncrhos being taken "seriously"?

No if it is kids playing. Kids don't usually pay much attention to the dialogue and tutorial since they are young. Can't really blame them. Having the player lose the battle automatically when synchro pokemon faints makes the whole feature a joke and pointless in my opinion. Players would be better off with a team of basic stage pokemon at level 100.

The risk is far too great in my opinion. It be better if it didn't appear in the games if they going to give it such a major downside.

I'm pretty sure that even a five year old could learn the downsides of it from a forced battle, because you can't skip that. And you're terribly underestimating children's capabilities.

Even if you don't like the concept, doesn't mean it won't appear in the games. I mean, I don't like Dragon and I deal with it by just using the Dragons I like and not using the others. Just don't use it.

And it's literally just ideas if they go with the fainting idea, which they might not.

knightwolf09

But in the very beginning it at least shows that they have an edge on you (before you catch more Pokemon). And besides that, it's always been a way to indicate who the main rival is in Pokemon games.

I think it's more that they even have a starter in their team in general, shows that they're the rival. You don't see random trainers with starters on their team often. In fact I think it was only gen 1 and 2 that they did that. Or was it just gen 1, with that girl and her Bulbasaur?

clbgolden12

No if it is kids playing. Kids don't usually pay much attention to the dialogue and tutorial since they are young. Can't really blame them. Having the player lose the battle automatically when synchro pokemon faints makes the whole feature a joke and pointless in my opinion. Players would be better off with a team of basic stage pokemon at level 100.
Since when have kids not paid attention to the dialogue/tutorials? If they supposedly don't then by that logic they just shouldn't put dialogue in Pokemon games altogether.

And once again, the Pokemon would probably get a huge power boost in return.

I think it's more that they even have a starter in their team in general, shows that they're the rival. You don't see random trainers with starters on their team often. In fact I think it was only gen 1 and 2 that they did that. Or was it just gen 1, with that girl and her Bulbasaur?
Actually a decent number of trainers in the original Pokemon had one of the starters on their teams (which I hope happens again).
But back on topic, the main rivals still have always had the stronger starter.

Last edited:

Master_Tyrell

Hmm, that doesn't really apply to Brendan/May, though. Even with the stronger starter, they basically gave up and your final rival ended up being Wally. I can understand if you feel weaker starter and happy personality means that the rivalry won't be so serious, but we'll have to see.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Since when have kids not paid attention to the dialogue/tutorials? If they supposedly don't then by that logic they just shouldn't put dialogue in Pokemon games altogether.

And once again, the Pokemon would probably get a huge power boost in return.

Or they have a 100 BST boost like mega evolution and primal reversion. I rather see the synchro pokemon with that and unable to use items than one with a higher BST boost with a bad consequence such as fainting during battle.

clbgolden12

Or they have a 100 BST boost like mega evolution and primal reversion. I rather see the synchro pokemon with that and unable to use items than one with a higher BST boost with a bad consequence such as fainting during battle.
... But then it'd literally just be a Mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.