• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
That seems to be from the beginning of the game, before the player would get the ability to Mega Evolve. I don't see why they would have a Mega Bracelet before they need it to mega evolve.

Hauke_von_Arding

As if GameFreak would make a big pure black button... They seem to focus on colourful interfaces this gen and now the Synchro ist just a big black button with colourful letters? Not even shadows or effects... purely black. This alone lead me to think this is fake.

phanpycross

God-king

kemal07

I've always had a feeling that those supposed final evolutions are the real deal. I really like them to be honest and would feel quite weird if the final evolutions were to be a different design.

I don't mind if these leaks are true, apart from one factor... Please, please, please keep Gym Leaders and Elite Four as normal.

But hang on, doesn't the NPC in Kalos rule this statement out, he does mention that his region has an awesome champion. And this leaker is stating there is no league. If Alola is the region the guy from Kalos was talking about, then indeed they do have a league

Janovy

Banned

Akashin

So does that mean the leaks are most likely fake or are they legit?

The Chinese leak (and the European one, but that one is most likely fake for plenty of other reasons) claims these Starter designs are legit, so a possible forceful removal of them lends credence to the idea that they're the real deal.

I'd say they are fake, I mean the NPC in Kalos already tried getting us hyped about the new region champion. There wouldn't be any if there wasn't a league.

Unless the events of Sun and Moon happen before XY, in which case you yourself are logically the Champion the backpacker is talking about.

kemal07

The Chinese leak (and the European one, but that one is most likely fake for plenty of other reasons) claims these Starter designs are legit, so a possible forceful removal of them lends credence to the idea that they're the real deal.

Unless the events of Sun and Moon happen before XY, in which case you yourself are logically the Champion the backpacker is talking about.

I understand your point, but I don't know, don't characters normally mention other important characters rather than the PC. This may be a bit of a wobbly statement. But I am sure the guy is talking about a champion that is not the PC.

I am just hoping that a gym leader gets revealed soon, if at least one doesn't by August, it will become highly suspicious...

When do we normally get a gym leader reveal (3 or 4 corocoro after the reveal of a new game ) ?

Akashin

I understand your point, but I don't know, don't characters normally mention other important characters rather than the PC. This may be a bit of a wobbly statement. But I am sure the guy is talking about a champion that is not the PC.

Generally, yes, but there's no reason that has to be the case. And unless the backpacker is exaggerating for the sake of it, there has to be something notable about the Champion this time around; the Champion being a PC who built the Alola League from the ground up would certainly fit.

I am just hoping that a gym leader gets revealed soon, if at least one doesn't by August, it will become highly suspicious...

When do we normally get a gym leader reveal (3 or 4 corocoro after the reveal of a new game ) ?

We got Viola together with Alexa in June for XY. I can't be bothered to go digging to check for other Generations, but really, Gym Leader reveals could be as soon as this month's CoroCoro.

Or not at all, if the leak is true.

Weren't this starter artworks already known since several months? They don't see new for me but more like old news I already have seens months before.

Yes, but you're missing the point. Nobody is referring to them as new; we're referring to their sudden apparent removal (note that 4chan not too long ago went on a crusade to send that Starter leak to Masuda to see what happens).

Last edited:

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Are they really being removed though? If you do a Google search, you've got to scroll a bit to find them now.

But since you had to scroll a bit to find them before all this EU/CHN business, how do we know that there has actually been removals?

I haven't seen anyone claim that such and such site or source no longer exists, it sounds like everyone is basing the removal on the fact that it's not up at the top of Google searches.

I don't think it ever was. Certainly hasn't been when I've Googled them, before or after.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Are they really being removed though? If you do a Google search, you've got to scroll a bit to find them now.

But since you had to scroll a bit to find them before all this EU/CHN business, how do we know that there has actually been removals?

I haven't seen anyone claim that such and such site or source no longer exists, it sounds like everyone is basing the removal on the fact that it's not up at the top of Google searches.

I don't think it ever was. Certainly hasn't been when I've Googled them, before or after.

Yea thats a good point too, I dont think they are really removed

Akashin

I couldn't tell you. I've looked at that image more in the past two days than I have in all the time since it was first ever shown, so I couldn't say how wide-spread it was versus how it is now. Nobody's said for sure that they have either, just that several sources of the image have vanished and that removal is a possible explanation as to why.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I couldn't tell you. I've looked at that image more in the past two days than I have in all the time since it was first ever shown, so I couldn't say how wide-spread it was versus how it is now. Nobody's said for sure that they have either, just that several sources of the image have vanished and that removal is a possible explanation as to why.

Sources could be just trying to play it up. This happened with a lot of fake generic 4han smash leaks.

Akashin

Sources could be just trying to play it up. This happened with a lot of fake generic 4han smash leaks.

Yeah. If nothing else the image still turns up with absolutely no trouble whatsoever, so the removal is either nonexistent or (so far) ineffective.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Nobody's said for sure that they have either, just that several sources of the image have vanished and that removal is a possible explanation as to why.

But what sources? Where? It's being said that they are being removed, but is really vague on where. The only real evidence for the removal I have seen given is its placement in image searching, which I, personally, don't think has actually changed.

It just sounds like an attempt at faking up some hype, which strips a lot of credence the leak might have had in my eyes.

And to be clear, I know you're just forwarding the information, I'm not being argumentative at you directly.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
But what sources? Where? It's being said that they are being removed, but is really vague on where. The only real evidence for the removal I have seen given is its placement in image searching, which I, personally, don't think has actually changed.

It just sounds like an attempt at faking up some hype, which strips a lot of credence the leak might have had in my eyes.

And to be clear, I know you're just forwarding the information, I'm not being argumentative at you directly.

Honestly the whole thing of trying to force that it was removed and the idea of "I want my revenge!" are both classic fake leak tropes. The mr xy didnt have anything like this so it was more believable.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I think my biggest thing with the concept art is "why now?" We've known about that concept art for months and no one so much as touched it, so why would a rumor (and it's not even the only one that has said they're real) change that? If it's real, it's still leaked concepts and should've been treated the same way from beginning to end, doing it now just because a potential leak is floating around shouldn't have changed their stance.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think my biggest thing with the concept art is "why now?" We've known about that concept art for months and no one so much as touched it, so why would a rumor (and it's not even the only one that has said they're real) change that? If it's real, it's still leaked concepts and should've been treated the same way from beginning to end, doing it now just because a potential leak is floating around shouldn't have changed their stance.

That's what makes this seem more fake, it seems like they just took this old forgotten seemingly fake concept art and used it to spring a leak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.