• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShikabaneHime13

Here's something worth talking about. I actually did not like the roller skates at all in X and Y. It was a combination of them being so fast and, while they weren't difficult to control, they didn't have precision control either, as their was some drift involved before you came to a complete stop and you couldn't take 90 degree turns either. Technically the skates were optional, as you could use the d-pad to walk/run instead, but the d-pad is offset from the buttons on the right, making it uncomfortable to hold, so it was just more worth it to deal with the skates than to use the d-pad. Now using the skates didn't seem like that big of a deal at first, but across the course of playing the game I got extremely frustrated. I eventually got so fed up with the skates that I had the dowsing machine set as my key item and I would pull it out almost all of the time, as it forces you to walk/run instead of skate when you have it out. I wouldn't mind the return of skates, but only if there's an option to turn them off, which, if you ask me, should have been the case from the beginning. If they're back to being permanently set to the circle pad, then I'm going to go crazy.

Pretty much summed up my intended sentiments with more detail :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
No doubt there be version exclusives for Sun and Moon. Fossils and mascots are likely to be version exclusive. Pokemon evolving by sun stone and moon stone could be version exclusive. Solrock and Lunatone might be if they are in the game. It be very interesting if Sun and Moon introduce version exclusive Dragon type pokemon.

Crystal Power

I most likely will be getting both versions, but I do hope they do more to add to each version like Ruby & Sapphire and then in Black & White, being the evil teams Aqua and Magma and BW different gym leaders, town themes and such. It adds more content and lore.

Hauke_von_Arding

You probably start at the first island. Why'd you think it would start at the end of the game? And you I just said you have to prove yourself to them and convince them BECAUSE you're a random kid. Did you not even read my previous posts?

So... if a random foreign 10-year old kid on the street beats you with a level 10 Litten... and than ask you 'Do you want to be Gym Leader?'... would you take him seriously? I wouldn't. Why should somebody convinced because he is a random kid? don't make any sense for me.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
fossils pokemon were never exclusive to a version but you could only choose 1 of 2 for your playthrough. I can see the pokemon evloving by sun and moon stoness being exclusive with some other counterpart in the other version.
victreebel/jumpluff/leavanny and 2 of tangrowth/cherrim/exeggutor/cacturne/amoonguss for bellossom, sunflora and lilligant,
electrode/zebstrika for heliolisk;
hypno/grumpig/bronzong for musharna;
azumarill/granbull and whimsicott(which needs a sun stone) for clefable and wigglytuff;
persian/purugly for delcatty;
2 of rhyperior/scolipede/krookodile/seismitoad for nidoking and nidoqueen;

even tough they certainly aren't balancing 1 exclusive with another of the same type (ever since gen 1), if they are going to make the SM stones pokemon exclusive, they need to balance it somehow.

fossils pokemon were never exclusive to a version but you could only choose 1 of 2 for your playthrough.

The Skull Fossil is Diamond Exclusive, meaning Cranidos was Diamond Exclusive, and the Shield Fossil(?) was exclusive to Pearl, making Shieldon Pearl Exclusive. Furthermore, you only get one type of fossil spawning in your underground in Platinum, depending if your ID ended in an odd or even number, which still isn't a choice.

And for post game, Kanto's and Hoenn's fossils were exclusives depending on your Kalos game.

EDIT: But looking at Alexander's post, 2/10 fossil lines being exclusive to a game (not counting Aerodactyl as it is very atypical) doesn't make version exclusive fossils likely at all. Furthermore, I don't even think Sun and Moon Stones will be exclusive to one game, purely because it'd be irritating for post game. Maybe have some Sun and Moon Stone Pokémon exclusive, but removing a whole evolutionary item from a game is a bad idea, especially as the Sun and Moon Stones are amongst the most commonly used stones.

Really hope somethings show up and need the Thunder and Dawn Stone, they are the least used stones (at least proportional to when they were introduced), with the Thunder Stone evolving only Gen I Pokémon and Eelektrik, and the Dawn Stone is used for two gender exclusive evolutions. Dusk Stone has evolved at least one Pokémon since Gen IV, its introduction, as has the Shiny Stone, with the Sun Stone being recurrent, yet still common, and the Moon Stone is needed for an astounding amount of Pokémon since its introduction in RBY.

Last edited:

Akashin

So... if a random foreign 10-year old kid on the street beats you with a level 10 Litten... and than ask you 'Do you want to be Gym Leader?'... would you take him seriously? I wouldn't. Why should somebody convinced because he is a random kid? don't make any sense for me.

Again, that's for the games to tell us, no? And I highly doubt that the story would follow a might makes right scenario like this if the whole creating a League thing does happen; there are island trials presumably for a reason, after all.

We're speculating on the vague notion of there not being a League and thus we're creating one. Whether or not that makes sense means literally nothing at the moment, because we know nothing about it (and will continue to know nothing about it if it's fake, of course).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm surprised CoroCoro still hasn't leaked.
These past few months, it's either 11th (March, June) or 12th (April, May).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Here's something worth talking about. I actually did not like the roller skates at all in X and Y. It was a combination of them being so fast and, while they weren't difficult to control, they didn't have precision control either, as their was some drift involved before you came to a complete stop and you couldn't take 90 degree turns either. Technically the skates were optional, as you could use the d-pad to walk/run instead, but the d-pad is offset from the buttons on the right, making it uncomfortable to hold, so it was just more worth it to deal with the skates than to use the d-pad. Now using the skates didn't seem like that big of a deal at first, but across the course of playing the game I got extremely frustrated. I eventually got so fed up with the skates that I had the dowsing machine set as my key item and I would pull it out almost all of the time, as it forces you to walk/run instead of skate when you have it out. I wouldn't mind the return of skates, but only if there's an option to turn them off, which, if you ask me, should have been the case from the beginning. If they're back to being permanently set to the circle pad, then I'm going to go crazy.

completely summed up my feelings also! They must update them if they bring them back!

weird! maybe because it was on a weird day of the month, sunday being the 10th, that the leaks are a little late? Idk lol im excited though!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Indeed its making me worry that there is nothing in it worth leaking, hence they are in no hurry...

Akashin

I'm not overly worried even if that is the case, given how good they've been with giving information through other channels anyway. But if that is the case, it definitely supports the idea that they're drifting away from CoroCoro.

The loss of having a time of the month where you can reasonably assume we're getting new information would be a shame, though.

knightwolf09

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this corocoro was about the Magearna movie since it is coming out this weekend.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this corocoro was about the Magearna movie since it is coming out this weekend.

Pretty sure past CoroCoros that came out in movie time still had info tho

I'm really wondering if that's really the case, cause he's taking his time either because of life, or there's nothing to rush showing.

I'm pretty sure that it's random people who get the postal system stuff that leads to leaks though, so it's possible that nobody who got it wants to leak it, or that no one got it yet.

Also July 2015 was pretty much a blow out of information including Pangoro and stuff like that, so the movie probably isn't going to be interference to what would already be planned

knightwolf09

I'm pretty sure that it's random people who get the postal system stuff that leads to leaks though, so it's possible that nobody who got it wants to leak it, or that no one got it yet.

Also July 2015 was pretty much a blow out of information including Pangoro and stuff like that, so the movie probably isn't going to be interference to what would already be planned

But what happened in 2014?

Akashin

July 2014 was the unveiling of Steven and Mega Metagross, the designs of half of the Gym Leaders and E4, and the Cosplay Pikachu designs. ORAS info definitely wasn't halted for the movie.

It's entirely possible that this month won't have much to show, but I doubt it'll be because of the movie.

July has always has been a big month for corocoro so it would he weird if there was nothing.

The big news is that there'll be news next month

And then it's just the back of the boxes blinded out by lens flares that'd make the new Star Trek movies blush

But in all seriousness, if we do get Pokémon, I'm only expecting 1 or 2 as CoroCoro kinda went from main source of new info to another source of info.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Bear is 2.1 metres and 135(?) kgs. About the same as Pangoro.

Doll is 0.2m and 0.7 kg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.