• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

Dat trailer tho. I like how it progresses the kids story from the last trailer. Also NO HATS! And the super move mechanic was a thing. By the looks of it, I guess all pokemon can do it. Or maybe Lillipup is a special pokemon that can do it. I don't know. I wonder what's up with the dancing. Rideable pokemon. It's too much, man!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Dat trailer tho. I like how it progresses the kids story from the last trailer. Also NO HATS! And the super move mechanic was a thing. By the looks of it, I guess all pokemon can do it. Or maybe Lillipup is a special pokemon that can do it. I don't know. I wonder what's up with the dancing. Rideable pokemon. It's too much, man!
It looks like all the starters can do it as well.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
So I think those special moves were the secrets that were mentioned in corocoro a while back as we see them mainly being preformed by the starters. What's interesting to note is that Pikachu seems to have on as well(Although we don't see the elemental symbol, so it might be Volt Tackle).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just saw the new trailer and it was great to see a feature similar to Pokémon-Amie return. With Eevee also possibly obtainable in the game, I'm considering building a Sylveon horde in these games.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What... was that thing ? The Synchro hype is getting real!

So our character performs some sort of dance and they show their bond between their Pokémon to activate some super move ? A lot to discuss here!

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Well I managed to get a nice screen cap of the "super move" which looks to add a yellow glow to the Pokemon. Not enough to say for definite that this confirms/denies syncro evolution but to me it looks less like a form of mega evolution and instead a new version of O-powers.

mariokj88

That image also shows the type symbol so I think that there is a super move for each type that depends on the diamond inserted into your bracelet.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The gym leader thing is still what would ultimately confirm or deconfirm the leak.

honestly, at this point, I could see the no Gym Leaders thing being legit on its on own and the rest of it being either overblown or completely false

Everlasting

Everything stays.
With the symbol of the type appearing as the Pokémon starts to perform the 'ultimate move', there's the possibility of having generic moves useable by every Pokémon of the specific type, kinda like the Contests Spectacular ultimate appeals...

The yellow glow could come from the stone you are using, as there is so far a confirmed yellow stone and a blue stone (see main artworks for player characters). Maybe there will be multiple stones of different color which give access to different moves/mechanics depending on which one is used.

knightwolf09

Still the super moves look so cool and so powerful. So I guess that euro leaker wasn't lying. I mean there is literally no way anybody could have predicted this or guess it, unless they were actually part of nintendo.

goodpeople25

Uh really no way to predict it at all? Okay then anyway...

So where does the gem on our bracelet go when we activate our special attack poses (followed most likely by special attacks from our Pokemon of course) ? Does it go in the pokemon, is this placeholder stuff? Any thoughts?

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
Well I managed to get a nice screen cap of the "super move" which looks to add a yellow glow to the Pokemon. Not enough to say for definite that this confirms/denies syncro evolution but to me it looks less like a form of mega evolution and instead a new version of O-powers.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I think that the Special move will be exclusive to the starters and certain special pokemon like Rockruff and Pikachu. It could act similarly to a synergy burst where it's one powerful move that can only be done once per battle.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ridable pokemon were confirmed with the screenshot of the player riding Stoutland. Also both Lapras and Sharpedo were ridable in 6th generation.

The leak said that a large amount of Pokemon would be rideable.

So far we have: Tauros, Lapras, Sharpedo, and Stoutland.

It's still something we need to note.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The leak said that a large amount of Pokemon would be rideable.

So far we have: Tauros, Lapras, Sharpedo, and Stoutland.

It's still something we need to note.

That's a really obvious thing though honestly for one that they would add to the riding mechanic, and two of them are from last gen.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
That's a really obvious thing though honestly for one that they would add to the riding mechanic, and two of them are from last gen.

It's not obvious that they'd add to it, it wasn't anything too special in gen 6. Also, Tauros and Stoutland are quite odd pokemon to have rideable, Stoutland is barely even big enough to ride.

Besides we only had lapras, gogoat, mamoswine, and rhyhorn in XY. Kyogre, Lati@s, and Sharpedo in ORAS.

Nonetheless, likes I said, the leak mentions that a large portion of Pokemon will be rideable and 3 being shown in one trailer is something to take note of regardless.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Guys, I just noticed... When the type symbol appears when the starters perform the 'synchro attack', the symbol is contained in a shard with the type coloration. As such, it is not too odd to suggest that there might be a shard for each type that would allow us to "react" with our Pokémon if we possess the corresponding type shards.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Still the super moves look so cool and so powerful. So I guess that euro leaker wasn't lying. I mean there is literally no way anybody could have predicted this or guess it, unless they were actually part of nintendo.
Weren't super moves predicted back when the official site stated pokemon would get more powerful moves than ever seen before? Or are you saying the leak mentioned this before the site did?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Actually it doesn't, the leaker specifically said that we'd get a Capybara and Gorilla in the trailer, this trailer does have the Super Moves, but lacks those two Pokémon. So he's at best half-right here, which admittedly is more then I expected him to be.

This does however give more credence to the Chinese leak as we saw more rideable Pokémon, if we keep getting them, then this leak is going to move up in plausibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.