• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I doubt it. Masuda did say she's not a trainer, but she will tag along with you and Hau on your journey.

If she isn't a trainer, does that mean that poor little Rowlet won't get a Trainer in my playthrough. I mean, I may be picking Popplio, but I don't want Feathers McBowtie to get left behind :(

knightwolf09

If she isn't a trainer, does that mean that poor little Rowlet won't get a Trainer in my playthrough. I mean, I may be picking Popplio, but I don't want Feathers McBowtie to get left behind :(

Meh he'll just be getting the Bulbasaur/Chikorita treatment

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I still think we're yet to see another rival, I just feel that there needs to be another one since Hau is a friend and Lillie isn't a trainer (or so they say...) Then again, Gen 1, 2, 3 had 1 starter left over, probs the same again.

WolfCypher

I still think we're yet to see another rival, I just feel that there needs to be another one since Hau is a friend and Lillie isn't a trainer (or so they say...) Then again, Gen 1, 2, 3 had 1 starter left over, probs the same again.

Easy solution...let the player character you didn't pick, be the second rival.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
ah, yes, the rival

that's been an issue with Gen V and Gen VI - not enough rival encounters! we've only had dozens of them

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Back in XY, when did they reveal that the opposite gender of the MC was a rival?

Akashin

Back in XY, when did they reveal that the opposite gender of the MC was a rival?

June 2013 CoroCoro revealed that the unchosen character would be in the game. I can't remember if there was an official reveal of them as a rival afterward or if that was just the easy assumption from the moment they were shown, but I assume the latter.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
At this point I doubt we'll have another rival. I'm guessing either Lillie actually will be a trainer or Hau is getting both starters.

WolfCypher

We would've seen em in game by now or they would've been shown on the site if that were the case.

Well, mayhaps since GF have yet to confirm the main characters names, they aren't confirming that either playable trainer character acts as a rival yet?

How did they do RS/ORAS and DP's reveal of May (if not Brendan) and Dawn (if not Lucas) being both player characters and "rivals"? (the "" are for Dawn, since she wasn't, really...the point is Dawn and May, or Brendan and Lucas if you picked the girls, got to receive the final starter, so no starter was left behind)

knightwolf09

Well, mayhaps since GF have yet to confirm the main characters names, they aren't confirming that either playable trainer character acts as a rival yet?

How did they do RS/ORAS and DP's reveal of May (if not Brendan) and Dawn (if not Lucas) being both player characters and "rivals"? (the "" are for Dawn, since she wasn't, really...the point is Dawn and May, or Brendan and Lucas if you picked the girls, got to receive the final starter, so no starter was left behind)

They didn't. Canon names aren't usually something they take time revealing. Though we did see two names Elio and Selene during a trailer of Sun and Moon. Elio being a play on Helios god of the Sun, and Selene Godess of the moon. So it's probably those.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
They didn't. Canon names aren't usually something they take time revealing. Though we did see two names Elio and Selene during a trailer of Sun and Moon. Elio being a play on Helios god of the Sun, and Selene Godess of the moon. So it's probably those.
Probably not. During XY pre-release the players were called "Xaxier" and "Yvotte" until we got their actual names.

knightwolf09

Probably not. During XY pre-release the players were called "Xaxier" and "Yvotte" until we got their actual names.

Yeah but they already did Sun and Moon placeholder names already. With the male being Sun, and the Female being Moon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Then again, Gen 1, 2, 3 had 1 starter left over, probs the same again.

This is the reason I convinced that there's still another rival. As much as I'd rather them stick to the tradition of having the rival pick the starter that's strong against you, it's not that big of a deal if they get rid of that. What really does matter though is the starters. Since Diamond and Pearl they have been making an effort to make sure we can at least see all of the region's starters. It would be a literal step backwards for us to not be able to see all three.

knightwolf09

This is the reason I convinced that there's still another rival. As much as I'd rather them stick to the tradition of having the rival pick the starter that's strong against you, it's not that big of a deal if they get rid of that. What really does matter though is the starters. Since Diamond and Pearl they have been making an effort to make sure we can at least see all of the region's starters. It would be a literal step backwards for us to not be able to see all three.

You technically do since all 3 starters are right in front of you when you choose them this time, making them count as seen.

shadowF

after corocoro and the trailer, what is the general consensus on these "leaks"? fake or real?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
after corocoro and the trailer, what is the general consensus on these "leaks"? fake or real?

I'm cautiously optimistic that they are real, but overall the opinion is always fake until confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.