• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
@WolfCypher

Euro Leak: From 2ch/4chan idr which - said the starter typings would be Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy - Robingroot (seriously it has Groot in it Disney would have been like hell naw even if it isn't actually Groot), Panthster, and uh... Entermaid? Dumb name. Said there would be a capybara and a ... you know I forgot the other one but whatever.

Chinese Leak - Same designs as the Euro Leak, just no names or typings. Werewolf Rockruff evo. Dolphin, rugby monkey, sea cucumber, and snowmen as potential Pokemon. No gyms (as we know them). Various other things lol.

Euro Leak was debunked for reasons stated above. Chinese leak still has a bit of credibility.

knightwolf09

Piplup looked so cute and cool I fell in love with it so much but than realized it just was super weak and it's moves super disappointed me, it doesn't even learn any useful steel moves and has tons of weaknesses and honestly it looks rather silly. Really 4th gen was the worst by far. I have a bad feeling Litten regardless if the leak is false will have a disappointing evo.

It was the coolest penguin pokemon I've ever seen. I wouldn't know what you considered a good one. Though the weakness thing I can agree is bad. The if ant gen is the worst is Johto, and that's my favorite region. Seriously, while people have their own opinions I still think most of themselves are setting themselves up for disappointment.

@WolfCypher

Euro Leak: From 2ch/4chan idr which - said the starter typings would be Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy - Robingroot (seriously it has Groot in it Disney would have been like hell naw even if it isn't actually Groot), Panthster, and uh... Entermaid? Dumb name. Said there would be a capybara and a ... you know I forgot the other one but whatever.

Chinese Leak - Same designs as the Euro Leak, just no names or typings. Werewolf Rockruff evo. Dolphin, rugby monkey, sea cucumber, and snowmen as potential Pokemon. No gyms (as we know them). Various other things lol.

Euro Leak was debunked for reasons stated above. Chinese leak still has a bit of credibility.

Groot= Grow and root

Entermaid= entertain and mermaid (how creative do you think pokemon names are?)

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It was the coolest penguin pokemon I've ever seen.
Well, there's only two of them in the first place. :p

Seriously GameFreak please make another penguin Pokémon I'll love you forever

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't really believe in the leaks unless they appear on the site. So I am a bit skeptical about the Chinese leak at the moment but we know more later on.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Groot= Grow and root

Entermaid= entertain and mermaid (how creative do you think pokemon names are?)

Nahiri said:
(seriously it has Groot in it Disney would have been like hell naw even if it isn't actually Groot)

Entermaid is just dumb. That's it. I can have my opinion, thanks.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
YAY!!! Let that be true and everything else be false!

Why? I like the Starter Evos, everyone's been begging for a dolphin for years, the snowman could be interesting (but could just as easily be forgettable), a sea cucumber will probably be an off-beat fave for me like Binacle & Barbaracle were, and regardless of if the leak is real, this is an odd numbered Gen, so we will get another mushroom. Also I think trying to establish a league could be fun, and would allow for some more non-linear gameplay.

Look, I get that people don't want Litten to go bipedal, but beyond that, I see nothing wrong with the design. Rowlet becoming an archer makes perfect sense, and I adore the Popplio Evo design so much it almost hurts. Still, everyone is entitled to their opinions, though I feel that people are getting more and more overly critical with each passing Generation.

Piplup looked so cute and cool I fell in love with it so much but than realized it just was super weak and it's moves super disappointed me, it doesn't even learn any useful steel moves and has tons of weaknesses and honestly it looks rather silly. Really 4th gen was the worst by far. I have a bad feeling Litten regardless if the leak is false will have a disappointing evo.

But Empoleon has great stats, only has 3 weaknesses, and it has 10 resistances (12 in Gen 4) and an immunity. And it had good Steel moves in the forms of Flash Cannon and Steel Wing, but sadly Steel wasn't very useful offensively at the time.

I also feel that 4th Gen was pretty strong, but that's just a matter of opinion :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
So I just realized that from Gen 5 onward very few of the gyms look alike. So it is very possible(and likely) that there are gym in Alola, they're just in a different forms.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
So a Chinese user on Pokebeach has gone through and read the leak doc and tried to clarify some things....

Sentret_C said:
No gyms is what it says. The main plot is to build the league with the professor. In place of the gym leaders and elite four we have trainers called team leaders and island kings. There will be elite four once the league is built.

"The new bracelet can strengthen all moves. You can load diamond stones like the ones on the logo. There's many kinds of them and you need to collect them like mega stones. Some special/limited diamond stones can change Pokemon's form. Ash-Greninja is tansformed this way."
Not certain what the first sentence means. Maybe there will be stones that boost grass type moves, moves relating to sound, etc. I'm curious how status moves will be strengthened. Maybe there will be stones that acts like battle items (it's just my speculation, not from the thread)?

Marshadow is a new mythical Pokemon with very special typing.
The new riding system allows you to ride almost all Pokemon.
Starters' final forms are archer assassin, wrestler and siren, with no typings mentioned.

So there ya go. Take that as you will.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So a Chinese user on Pokebeach has gone through and read the leak doc and tried to clarify some things....

Sounds good, but almost all Pokemon will be rideable...that seems a bit Farfetch'd to be. That would mean specialized models for almost every Mon, and that's kind of crazy. And the function of the diamonds is kind of vague. The form changes is more clear cut, but just "strengthening all moves" is a bit ambiguous. Even the translator was forced to speculate.

Still, while this may seem a bit out there, I like it. I think it's a good idea to have interchangeable diamonds for the bracelet instead of having them be held items. It creates a clear separation between them and Mega Stones, with you being able to (most likely) pick one diamond for your bracelet and one Mega Stone for your team, giving you further customization of your playstyle. And if almost everything is rideable, that is amazing, and I will either dash through on my graceful Arcanine, Kenna, or hilariously float about of my Stunfisk, Lady Derpington. Perhaps you obtain the Saddle and riding Gear like you normally would a Bike, thus unlocking the feature?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

I dont know if this really makes it any more credible just because it got translated better. I just dont get why there would be a second fire wrestler starter.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer

The fact that they said some stones change forms, Ash-Greninja changed this way, THIS is what makes it FAKE - Ash has NEVER been seen with a stone or a bracelet, the writers would have shown it or hinted at it, but NEVER has there been a stone involved with Ash-Greninja.

All these "leaks" and I'm pretty sure none of them have been true, what makes this one true?

I dont know if this really makes it any more credible just because it got translated better. I just dont get why there would be a second fire wrestler starter.

Similar to how Infernape and Emboar carry on a 'Journey to the West' theme, Emboar and Litten3 could possibly have a wrestling theme in a sense of Face (Good, Just, Fighting-Type) vs Heel ('Bad', Sneaky, Dark-Type). Also, there's many different wrestling styles to take inspiration from.

The fact that they said some stones change forms, Ash-Greninja changed this way, THIS is what makes it FAKE - Ash has NEVER been seen with a stone or a bracelet, the writers would have shown it or hinted at it, but NEVER has there been a stone involved with Ash-Greninja.

All these "leaks" and I'm pretty sure none of them have been true, what makes this one true?

Mewtwo evolves without a Mewtwonite in the anime.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Similar to how Infernape and Emboar carry on a 'Journey to the West' theme, Emboar and Litten3 could possibly have a wrestling theme in a sense of Face (Good, Just, Fighting-Type) vs Heel ('Bad', Sneaky, Dark-Type). Also, there's many different wrestling styles to take inspiration from.

Mewtwo evolves without a Mewtwonite in the anime.

You don't know that it didn't?
Megastones are different, a pokemon doesn't need to have a bond with a trainer to reach MegaEvolution (Rayquaza for example because it ate megastones, same could've happened with Mewtwo) there are other ways for Pokemon to MegaEvolve without a trainer. This "Syncro-Evolution" has to have a trainer/bond involved.

Last edited:
Megastones are different, a pokemon doesn't need to have a bond with a trainer to reach MegaEvolution (Rayquaza for example because it ate megastones, same could've happened with Mewtwo) there are other ways for Pokemon to MegaEvolve without a trainer. This "Syncro-Evolution" has to have a trainer/bond involved.

The game explicitly contradicts you, it says a strong bond is needed. Also, Mega Rayquaza still needs human intervention and a Key Stone, which Mewtwo did not. And we haven't seen Synchro at all in games, so we don't know how it works completely.

Also, Kyurem in the anime can switch between formes at will without Reshiram and Zekrom.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, since the European is now deconfirmed, can we add it to hoaxes thead?

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
The game explicitly contradicts you, it says a strong bond is needed. Also, Mega Rayquaza still needs human intervention and a Key Stone, which Mewtwo did not. And we haven't seen Synchro at all in games, so we don't know how it works completely.

Also, Kyurem in the anime can switch between formes at will without Reshiram and Zekrom.

We've already seen in the anime that Pokemon can mega evolve without a human bond (MegaMetwo/MegaRayquaza) which what you say, Mega Pokemon need, when they don't.

This is getting away from what I was saying though, that this Chinese leak says "some Pokemon change appearance with stones, this is how Ash-Greninja happens" Specifically pointing out ASH-Greninja, when we know Ash doesn't have a stone or a bracelet in the anime, they didn't say Greninja, they pointed out Ash and Greninja, so that's why I think it's fake, any leaks are fake until proven or there's evidence to back it up, I could make up a bunch of fake info that can be believable, doesn't make it so, if I can't prove it with evidence, then it's fake until prove otherwise, so I can't understand why people think that this Chinese leak could be real when no one leak has been.

We've already seen in the anime that Pokemon can mega evolve without a human bond (MegaMetwo/MegaRayquaza) which what you say, Mega Pokemon need, when they don't.

And in the Games, they need a Key Stone regardless. My point is that it could the Anime doesn't always reflect the games.

That is getting away from what I was saying though, that this Chinese leak says "some Pokemon change appearance with stones, this is how Ash-Greninja happens" Specifically pointing out ASH-Greninja, when we know Ash doesn't have a stone or a bracelet in the anime, they didn't say Greninja, they pointed out Ash and Greninja, so that's why I think it's fake, any leaks are fake until proven or there's evidence to back it up, I could make up a bunch of fake info that can be believable, doesn't make it so, if I can't prove it with evidence, then it's fake until prove otherwise, so I can't understand why people think that this Chinese leak could be real when no one leak has been.

Ash-Greninja is the only example of Synchro we have so far if it is so, hence why they specified it. It's barely anything to debunk a whole thing over.

Also, XY had leaks that came true.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
And in the Games, they need a Key Stone regardless. My point is that it could the Anime doesn't always reflect the games.

Ash-Greninja is the only example of Synchro we have so far if it is so, hence why they specified it. It's barely anything to debunk a whole thing over.

Also, XY had leaks that came true.

While XY had leaks that came true, it is wise to assume all leaks are false until they are confirmed/deconfirmed by an offical source so they don't "blow up in your face" when they end up been false even if they have a few bits that are true. Also using Ash-Greninja as an example is a bit silly seeing that Ash does exist in the main series games (Red is close but not close enough).

Akashin

This is getting away from what I was saying though, that this Chinese leak says "some Pokemon change appearance with stones, this is how Ash-Greninja happens" Specifically pointing out ASH-Greninja, when we know Ash doesn't have a stone or a bracelet in the anime, they didn't say Greninja, they pointed out Ash and Greninja, so that's why I think it's fake, any leaks are fake until proven or there's evidence to back it up, I could make up a bunch of fake info that can be believable, doesn't make it so, if I can't prove it with evidence, then it's fake until prove otherwise, so I can't understand why people think that this Chinese leak could be real when no one leak has been.

So... wait, you open your post by pointing out that Mega Evolution occasionally works differently in the anime, and follow that up by saying that Ash Greninja not necessarily working the exact same way in both the games and anime is what makes the leak fake? And you don't see the contradiction in that?

If Ash Greninja is tied to the new bracelet, of course they weren't going to reveal that. Ash Greninja appeared before we even knew that bracelet existed, and there's no way they'd spoil a new function of the games like that.

As for why people give this leak a bit of leeway, it's because it predicted (lucky guess or otherwise) a Fire/Poison lizard two or so weeks ahead of Salandit's reveal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.