• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
A supposed leaker from europe said that there would be a trailer that would show off the special moves shown in the most recent Japanese trailer. It was supposed to be released over the weekend but it never did, thus making this particular leak untrue.
Ah, I see. Well that's a leak debunked.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I just had a thought. So Darkrai was just confirmed for Pokken. We knew that was coming because of that data mining leak, which also revealed that we will possibly see Empoleon and Scizor become playable soon, as well, which would leave one empty slot on the character select screen.

A lot of people have been confused why, with its popularity and the fact that it fits well in a fighting game, Greninja hasn't been included. It wasn't part of the original line-up, it wasn't added in any of the pre-Wii U updates, and it wasn't added as part of the larger Wii U roster. So, I was thinking, what if they have been holding off so that they can include Greninja once they've already made the "Synchro" reveal? That way they can use its new form's official name (and not Ash-Greninja), and use it as a tie-in to Sun & Moon.

Now obviously this is a stretch, but it popped into my head while I was watching the Evo Pokken Top 8 matches (which you should check out, if only for Tonosama's amazing Braixen). Please feel free to discuss and/or tell me every single reason why I'm wrong :)

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I just had a thought. So Darkrai was just confirmed for Pokken. We knew that was coming because of that data mining leak, which also revealed that we will possibly see Empoleon and Scizor become playable soon, as well, which would leave one empty slot on the character select screen.

A lot of people have been confused why, with its popularity and the fact that it fits well in a fighting game, Greninja hasn't been included. It wasn't part of the original line-up, it wasn't added in any of the pre-Wii U updates, and it wasn't added as part of the larger Wii U roster. So, I was thinking, what if they have been holding off so that they can include Greninja once they've already made the "Synchro" reveal? That way they can use its new form's official name (and not Ash-Greninja), and use it as a tie-in to Sun & Moon.

Now obviously this is a stretch, but it popped into my head while I was watching the Evo Pokken Top 8 matches (which you should check out, if only for Tonosama's amazing Braixen). Please feel free to discuss and/or tell me every single reason why I'm wrong :)

There's a lot of Pokemon that never got in that I'm salty about LOL. Heracross, Hitmonlee, Cobalion, Absol, etc. Greninja never even crossed my mind - in fact, I'd want Chesnaught in the game before Greninja.

I'd also say they wouldn't do it because it's already in SSB4 but ... /looks at Charizard and Pikachu and Lucario and Mewtwo

But if they are holding out so they can use Synchros, I'd like to see them add it for others as well - Chandelure and Weavile come to mind.
(mostly because we're all pretty certain Pikachu gets a Synchro move and almost every other Pokemon has a Mega)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
There's a lot of Pokemon that never got in that I'm salty about LOL. Heracross, Hitmonlee, Cobalion, Absol, etc. Greninja never even crossed my mind - in fact, I'd want Chesnaught in the game before Greninja.

I'd also say they wouldn't do it because it's already in SSB4 but ... /looks at Charizard and Pikachu and Lucario and Mewtwo

But if they are holding out so they can use Synchros, I'd like to see them add it for others as well - Chandelure and Weavile come to mind.
(mostly because we're all pretty certain Pikachu gets a Synchro move and almost every other Pokemon has a Mega)

Perhaps Chandelure and Weavile won't get Synchro forms. And as for Pikachu, perhaps the forms are only for certain fully evolved Mons. I'd be all about that, since poor little Raichu isn't getting enough love if you ask me.

Oh, and yes on Heracross, Absol, the Hitmons, and Chesnaught for at least Pokken 2. Cobalion would be good, too, but I could see them probably going Keldeo instead. Nothing against good ole' Steely Athos, but I just think that's the direction they'd go.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Would this be the thread to discuss collector editions and preorder bonuses? If not could someone direct me elsewhere?

It is a general discussion thread so as far as I know, you got the right place! :0

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I reckon the reason we haven't seen any gym leaders yet is because Melemele doesn't have a gym on it, but the second island does, (Could be why we see the player on a yacht with Hau and Lillie, traveling to the next island) and we know the focus on the second island will be featured in the next corocoro, so I think we're likely to get the first gym leader in a few weeks time if there are still gyms and that should clear it up.

But IMO I don't believe in this Chinese "leak" one single bit.

sheld999

what if that battle facility mentioned in xy is one where you battle 4 stronger trainers of each island after the league kinda like the frontier/battle chateau. and 1 top one so 1 for each floor of that artificial island

Grim712

'New Guy'
So, what do we all think of the pre-order bonuses? Being from Australia I am quite happy with the look of the two pins we get, I am not too fussed about the poster and will probably give it away at the midnight release (if you are in Australia and are going to the Tuggeranong midnight release then let me know and you might get a poster or two), but the pins look to be quite nice, quite like the coins/tokens/whatever they are from black and white 2. Honestly I think I prefer the pins over the figures.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So, what do we all think of the pre-order bonuses? Being from Australia I am quite happy with the look of the two pins we get, I am not too fussed about the poster and will probably give it away at the midnight release (if you are in Australia and are going to the Tuggeranong midnight release then let me know and you might get a poster or two), but the pins look to be quite nice, quite like the coins/tokens/whatever they are from black and white 2. Honestly I think I prefer the pins over the figures.
I think all of the bonuses look pretty cool.

They would be even cooler if they would be brought over to NA. :^)

Grim712

'New Guy'
Oh wow I didn't even notice that NA hasn't had anything announced, do they normally take so long to announce this sort of thing?

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Nahiri, could you please post that leak you found here (the one that had been discussed on the starters forum)? It was interesting and I'd like to discuss~

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Oh wow I didn't even notice that NA hasn't had anything announced, do they normally take so long to announce this sort of thing?
I guess so. I haven't pre-order yet so hopefully a bonus comes anytime soon.

If not oh well.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I usually don't preorder. The only time I did was for Pokémon Pearl version. I may do it this time for a Lunala figure if it becomes a thing in the USA but eh...

knightwolf09

Nahiri, could you please post that leak you found here (the one that had been discussed on the starters forum)? It was interesting and I'd like to discuss~

I'll do it for him since it looks like he'll be a while.

Found a new leak while browsing the PokeCommunity Forums.

First of all, i know you are not going to believe me, so if you are going to throw bull**** to me, leave. I dont need to convince nobody.
Second, sorry if my english isnt good enough. im not english native.
>I could play the demo 3 times to use the 3 different starters
>I played the 3 times in pokemon moon
>The demo ends in the 2 badge
>I played the english version, theres no european languages demo available (maybe this is why the game is delayed in europe)
>Your main character is from kanto and comes to alola because your dad is an Elite four. His mom's meowth is from kanto, You cant catch meowth in alola
>Litten evolves into Smokelote, It still quadruped, but when it uses a physical attack stands up. Its type becomes dark/fire. (I dont know the 2nd evo, my demo ends pretty soon to do it).
>Smokelote learns rip up, a dark type fake out with 60 of dmg - Physical.
>Smokelote is REALLY fast, it hitted like 67 speed at level 18, thats insane for a second stage pokemon.
>Rowlet evolves into Cowleaf a bulkier version of rowlet, but with angry eyes and hidding its peak (with its left wing).
>When it evolves to cowleaf it learns razor feathers. Its a flying type version of stalth rock that can be stacked like 3 times.
>Popplio was suprising, remember that ballio thing who was "leaked"?? Forget that, totally opposite. Popplio evolves into Hoppop, Its like a female looking gymnast that uses a giant bubble. Popplio becomes fairy.
>At lvl 16 Hoppop learns bouncing ball. This attack is really strange. It hits from 2-5 times and deals damage when it hits enemy then returns and heal Hoppop. If it bounces 3 times, so it hits 3 times and heals 3 times. Anyways its power isnt very high, just 25 base powers and heals a bit everytime it comes, i dont know the percent bc in game that is not specified.
>All this new attacks they learn are like upgraded versions of other known attacks.
>Theres megaevolution in sun/mon. I received a Delphoxite for picking popplio after first gym.

Yeah, it is pretty strange, i didnt even have fennekin.
Anyways i asked to other testers who played with me if they received a delphoxite too, and a guy who picked litten received the chesnaughtite.

I evolved a rockruff in the second time i played. I focused in leveling starters, because as i said the demo is pretty short.
Rockruff evolves into a hound with a heavy spiked rock collar. It turns pretty bigger and keeps being normal/rock. Gets rocky wrists too. I think is just a 2nd evo because seems incomplete.

Its second type gets normal type so, i didnt noticed rockruff was just rock at start, the second stage is normal/rock 100%.

I focused 99% in starters.

I think this mega stones u receive after 1st gym are spread in this way:
Popplio last evo-Delphox (Femenine starters)
Chesnaught-Litten last evo (Masculine starters)
Rowlet last evo-Greninja (Sneaky/assasins/starters)

First gym leader was bug type:
Its team was:
Grubbin
Cutiefly
Charjabug

Second Gym leather- Fire type:
Salandit
Keaheat (A charred coconut with triangle teeth, it is lika a halloweem pumpkin but done with a coconut. it has fire inside)
Camerupt

This is like a strange new thing. This pic is 100% real. (He's referring to the bond move we saw from the new trailer)
There are all typying gems that if u activate then your pokemon uses a very powerful generic attack of that type.
There are 2 versions, a rhombus and a star, the star does a physical attack, the rhombus does an special attack.

There are a lot of old pokemon. This is another kalos gen, not much new pokemon and i guess a lot of megas.
I saw a fire-ghost coconut. A pink and black bear, A Flamingo....

I'll do it for him since it looks like he'll be a while.

Found a new leak while browsing the PokeCommunity Forums.

First of all, i know you are not going to believe me, so if you are going to throw bull**** to me, leave. I dont need to convince nobody.
Second, sorry if my english isnt good enough. im not english native.
>I could play the demo 3 times to use the 3 different starters
>I played the 3 times in pokemon moon
>The demo ends in the 2 badge
>I played the english version, theres no european languages demo available (maybe this is why the game is delayed in europe)
>Your main character is from kanto and comes to alola because your dad is an Elite four. His mom's meowth is from kanto, You cant catch meowth in alola
>Litten evolves into Smokelote, It still quadruped, but when it uses a physical attack stands up. Its type becomes dark/fire. (I dont know the 2nd evo, my demo ends pretty soon to do it).
>Smokelote learns rip up, a dark type fake out with 60 of dmg - Physical.
>Smokelote is REALLY fast, it hitted like 67 speed at level 18, thats insane for a second stage pokemon.
>Rowlet evolves into Cowleaf a bulkier version of rowlet, but with angry eyes and hidding its peak (with its left wing).
>When it evolves to cowleaf it learns razor feathers. Its a flying type version of stalth rock that can be stacked like 3 times.
>Popplio was suprising, remember that ballio thing who was "leaked"?? Forget that, totally opposite. Popplio evolves into Hoppop, Its like a female looking gymnast that uses a giant bubble. Popplio becomes fairy.
>At lvl 16 Hoppop learns bouncing ball. This attack is really strange. It hits from 2-5 times and deals damage when it hits enemy then returns and heal Hoppop. If it bounces 3 times, so it hits 3 times and heals 3 times. Anyways its power isnt very high, just 25 base powers and heals a bit everytime it comes, i dont know the percent bc in game that is not specified.
>All this new attacks they learn are like upgraded versions of other known attacks.
>Theres megaevolution in sun/mon. I received a Delphoxite for picking popplio after first gym.

Yeah, it is pretty strange, i didnt even have fennekin.
Anyways i asked to other testers who played with me if they received a delphoxite too, and a guy who picked litten received the chesnaughtite.

I evolved a rockruff in the second time i played. I focused in leveling starters, because as i said the demo is pretty short.
Rockruff evolves into a hound with a heavy spiked rock collar. It turns pretty bigger and keeps being normal/rock. Gets rocky wrists too. I think is just a 2nd evo because seems incomplete.

Its second type gets normal type so, i didnt noticed rockruff was just rock at start, the second stage is normal/rock 100%.

I focused 99% in starters.

I think this mega stones u receive after 1st gym are spread in this way:
Popplio last evo-Delphox (Femenine starters)
Chesnaught-Litten last evo (Masculine starters)
Rowlet last evo-Greninja (Sneaky/assasins/starters)

Its team was:
Grubbin
Cutiefly
Charjabug

Second Gym leather- Fire type:
Salandit
Keaheat (A charred coconut with triangle teeth, it is lika a halloweem pumpkin but done with a coconut. it has fire inside)
Camerupt

This is like a strange new thing. This pic is 100% real. (He's referring to the bond move we saw from the new trailer)
There are all typying gems that if u activate then your pokemon uses a very powerful generic attack of that type.
There are 2 versions, a rhombus and a star, the star does a physical attack, the rhombus does an special attack.

There are a lot of old pokemon. This is another kalos gen, not much new pokemon and i guess a lot of megas.
I saw a fire-ghost coconut. A pink and black bear, A Flamingo....

Well, these are statements which can definitely be viewed upon release of the game to find out whether or not it was credible. But the second gym leader's ace being a Camerupt? Unless it's under-levelled, I don't see that being the case; I mean, it evolves from Numel at Lv 33!

Hauke_von_Arding

Its team was:
Grubbin
Cutiefly
Charjabug

The team sounds very strange. A Weedle/Caterpie clone? A cocoon? How low is their level...?

Well, these are statements which can definitely be viewed upon release of the game to find out whether or not it was credible. But the second gym leader's ace being a Camerupt? Unless it's under-levelled, I don't see that being the case; I mean, it evolves from Numel at Lv 33!

And this. The first gym sounds very low leveled while the second gym sounds very high leveled and though.

knightwolf09

The team sounds very strange. A Weedle/Caterpie clone? A cocoon? How low is their level...?

And this. The first gym sounds very low leveled while the second gym sounds very high leveled and though.

The bug team are made up of pokemon we already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.