• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I hope Alola forms are accessible in future, non-Alola games.. otherwise I don't see too much point in having them as a one-off..

But all in all, awesome amount of news :D

So each Island has a trial master and a big boss man.. which makes 8 "Leaders", so not too far from the standard Gym system.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Ice-Ninetails... with typing that makes it inferior to regular ninetails in every way....

knightwolf09

Guys. That girl Mallow. That's the girl from the starter evo concept art.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I hope we can still get the original Vulpix, Ninetales, Execcutor, Sandshrew and Sandslash without requiring transfer from XYORAS. Was planning on trying a Sun team with Ninetales.

A lot of awesome stuff revealed. Bit miffed that Execcutor's new form is just a form rather than a Mega but the rest was awesome. Getting to properly control the Pokemon you mount is a huge step up from mounting in XY and Lurantis is most likely going to be Pokemon number 6 for my in game team.

Bus

Holy....

I think I need time to recover from that

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
WTF WAS THAT!?

I'm sorry but they have changed waaaaaay too much, alternate forms with new typings, no gyms, the starters that leaked are real (due to the one of the female characters being on the Fire starter concept art)

I get Gamefreak wanted to change things from the norm, but this is too much, it feels like they've tried too hard.

As much as I was loving this game, I feel that these things have ruined it for me now....

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I checked, they do look kind of similar but not confirmed yet.
It's not confirmed, but it's pretty much confirmed.

Welp, I'm going Team Real on the concepts now.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
But if they're real.. my poor Popplio :'(

#TeamRowlet

Oni Dekopin

The leaks were legit and the new info are insane too... wow.

Ice/Steel Sandshrew is the new definition of awesomeness in my book.

So happy.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well i don't have any problem with any of the new forms or Pokemons except Aloha form Exeggutor.

Its not like i don't understand the concept behind its design, but it is still odd. Maybe if its base body wasn't that small compared to its neck, then maybe it wouldn't have felt that odd to me.

Also how does a tree like pokemon like an Exeggutor, suddenly become part Dragon?
It doesn't have any form of dragonic features to it.

sheld999

i perdicted there be something similair to the 4 strong trainers 1 of each island. ( i originally predicted there be a chief for each island toy must battle ) but this new thing they just announced will do =)

nintails ice and fairy sorry dragons you be surely missed

Bus

What's this recent leak that people are saying was confirmed real now? Thanks to some concept art girl or something? Sorry Im super behind things...

Grey Wind

I'm... I mean... I'm kind of speechless lol. My initial reaction is that I really, really don't like it. It just seems like such a ridiculous concept, like a kid or a fan artist would dream up when they're bored. There are better ways to keep older Pokemon relevant (megas?) than weird *** new forms. Hopefully it'll grow on me but for now I'm really not on board. Oh, and Exeggutor is part DRAGON? What even.

Z Moves seems cool though, I'm honestly kind of surprised we haven't had something like this before now.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Huh, so Z-Moves require the Pokemon to be holding a Z-Crystal...

And the dance moves are still way too cringe-inducing.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
pardon the language but HOLY SH1T! they were right. new types for older pokemon, exclusive to alola, no gym leaders but instead trials and then battling the kahunas and the bird that changes types depending on the island.

i have to check the trailer several more times but for now i'll say LOOOOOL alola form exeggutor is a DRAGON!?

And it's here! that one pokemon that immediately clicked with me. luranis is AWESOME, it's already one of my favorites ever and i hope it's not the only one :)

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
All very interesting. This update had lots of good info. Like hte Idea of Z-Moves. Its also nice to have the name. I am curious about the Aoloa Forms as well. How many old Pokemon will be like this? Are only the forms for those caught and hatched in Sun and Moon only. Like will my old Ninetails switch to Ice/Fairy when I transfer it or will it stay the same? so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.