• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
These leaks.. I was excited for these games at first but now they are going overboard. So many formes. I honestly don't like any of the Pokemon revealed this time. I hope they make up for it by announcing better Pokemon in the next 3 months. Only thing I found cool was riding Pokemon. The Z Moves thing is meh too.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I loved every bit of information, except that now I'm worried those Alola forms will prevent those Pokémon from getting megas...

Also, I hope all these Ice forms aren't an excuse to cut on the number of new Ice-types.

Akashin

And it's here! that one pokemon that immediately clicked with me. luranis is AWESOME, it's already one of my favorites ever and i hope it's not the only one :)

You're definitely not alone on that. My only complaint is that like Florges (albeit as an inversion of it), it feels like it should have been Grass/Fairy. That's purely going off of aesthetics though.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I feel they have strayed too far from the other games, I like that they've changed it up but they changed it too much, I can deal with the Island trials and beating the leaders, still has a gym leader like feel to it, but the alternate forms seems so lazy to me, they could've easily made these into new Pokemon with different names but had them connected to existing Pokemon and had a back story to them and say how over thousands of years they changed and evolved into a different species, I mean everything else is fine, but I feel this is just so cheap and lazy, almost like it's a fan made game now...

And from a rumor that has now been confirmed due to the alternate forms, Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Abra (Fighting), Nidoking/queen (Poison/Fighting), Rattata (Dark), Growlithe (Water) line and the Doduo line (Fighting/Flying) have alternate forms and typings

Also the bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro, so synchro is still a separate thing...

This is starting to feel more like Digimon...

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
At the moment, I would like to re-check the leaker whom have confirmed 'Alola Forms' of Pokémon; specifically stating Growlithe/Arcanine family to be a part of Fire/Water. A top information there.

Coming back to Alola Forms, I don't know how the system will work for future generations. However, that Ninetales. Was already one of my favorite Pokémons and that beautiness upon receiving Ice/Fairy typing. For sure, going to be in my team.

I'm sort of convinced that there are literally no GYMs in Alola. There are trails; which specifically was mentioned to be 7 in E3, have Champions and Kana's(?) of each island? That was confusing, but most certainly I heavily disliked the Totem Pokémon and evolution of Yungoos. I have to mention that, one of the leakers have also stated Yungoos will evolve into a hairy Pokémon, so if they are the same leaker, than this is bingo.

For Z-moves; official confirmation of Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken in my eyes. There are some good moves, but I'm not sure if I liked the system. I would have loved to see Mega Evolutions a bit, but it seems the amount we are getting are pretty low.

Bus

Wait, that Exeggutor was part Dragon?! LOL oh man....I think I love it. Seriously, its the most ridiculous pokemon I've ever seen. I think its supplanted Vanilluxe as the Pokemon that will be made fun of the most for being uncreative, but you know what? I love it. I honestly do. Its so hilarious and, to be fair, there are quite a number of palm trees in Hawaii that are incredibly tall and thin like that (though they do lack sentient tails and head coconuts).

As for the others....Jesus I'm stunned. That was way more than i was expecting and I'm really pleased. The Ice Sandshrew and Vulpix are awesome looking. Hopefully Icetails has better stats because, as somebody said already, its typing does make it inferior to Ninetails in every way (since both its types are resisted by Ninetails). It does look epicly beautiful though. Makes me wonder if there are are any other forms to older guys...like a certain fire pony who has been itching for a Pegasus form for quite some time now...

As for the actual new Pokemon revealed, man there were a ton of those, too! I love that Mantis thing that was shown off; I instantly fell in love with it when it appeared. And it's Grass typed! I dont often like grass types, so Im happy to see one I approve of finally lol. That weird floating meteorite thing...interesting to see what becomes of that later..and the birds, so they were all the same bird; just different forms dependent on the island of capture? That seems pretty cool.

Now that I've calmed myself down a little, I have to say, I really like the idea/concept of Pokemon we're already familiar with adapting to a different climate/region and growing up/evolving completely differently. I mean, in a world that really takes the concept of 'evolution' to the extreme, it makes sense to have Pokemon that literally evolve and appear differently depending on the region they originated from. It's a brilliant concept and I really like the way they've done it. Its not only an aesthetic change, but entire type changes to correspond with the different region of living; it really is a great idea. I know not everyone will agree with that sentiment; and there will be plenty who decry it as 'running out of ideas' since they're recycling old pokemon, but they are justifying it in a pretty creative way.

With all the new pokemon they've revealed along with the news that some old pokemon are entirely different like Icetails, Snowslash, and Derputor, I think Im firmly on the bandwagon that this will be a generation introducing a LOT of pokemon. I'm very eager to see what other pokemon from the past they introduce, how they're changed; along with what brand new pokemon are still yet to be seen.

Overall, I'm pleased with everything thus far. And I cant stop laughing at the new Eggxecutor.

sheld999

At the moment, I would like to re-check the leaker whom have confirmed 'Alola Forms' of Pokémon; specifically stating Growlithe/Arcanine family to be a part of Fire/Water. A top information there.

Coming back to Alola Forms, I don't know how the system will work for future generations. However, that Ninetales. Was already one of my favorite Pokémons and that beautiness upon receiving Ice/Fairy typing. For sure, going to be in my team.

I'm sort of convinced that there are literally no GYMs in Alola. There are trails; which specifically was mentioned to be 7 in E3, have Champions and Kana's(?) of each island? That was confusing, but most certainly I heavily disliked the Totem Pokémon and evolution of Yungoos. I have to mention that, one of the leakers have also stated Yungoos will evolve into a hairy Pokémon, so if they are the same leaker, than this is bingo.

For Z-moves; official confirmation of Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken in my eyes. There are some good moves, but I'm not sure if I liked the system. I would have loved to see Mega Evolutions a bit, but it seems the amount we are getting are pretty low.

maybe the gyms are best saved for last. dont forget we haven't seen that battle facility yet that the backpacker mentioned in xy

Born Better

God of Lightning
...Ho...ly...*censored*

Did not expect that. Z move poses look freaking stupid, but other than that, holy crap. Alola forms is certainly an interesting idea, though Exeggutor looks stupid.

Oh and byebye Litten. I'm going with the hentai bait mermaid. Third gen in a row I don't get the fire starter, though maybe if it ends up a dark type or something, I'll change my mind. New pokemon were cool too, especially Minior and Lurantis.

Not completely sure how to feel about Gyms getting replaced by trials, though I don't hate it. Just need to see more. Also, I'm wondering if this could be further evidence of Ash winning the league.

Ominous Wind

Is this the end of HM Moves? After 20 years, is it really finally over?

Because I quite like this idea! Even if it could mean you are restricted to need to go to certain locations every time you want to use this new feature.

Bus

Alright, so can somebody tell me the gist of the leaks concerning the starters? I cant reach them since Im at work and 4chan is banned. I cant get around it lol.

Grey Wind

I went back to check and he said that Ninetales would be Fire/Fairy, so... I don't really know what to think regarding legitimacy. Regional variants isn't an easy guess to make, so I assume he just threw in a lot of false info? He was the same guy who said that VC transfers will keep their stats, btw.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

sheld999

Is this the end of HM Moves? After 20 years, is it really finally over?

Because I quite like this idea! Even if it could mean you are restricted to need to go to certain locations every time you want to use this new feature.

we prob do have HM moves but there prob be less ones lets say cut/surf/waterfall/strength 4 Hms total is my guess

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I went back to check and he said that Ninetales would be Fire/Fairy, so... I don't really know what to think regarding legitimacy. Regional variants isn't an easy guess to make, so I assume he just threw in a lot of false info? He was the same guy who said that VC transfers will keep their stats, btw.

But, we cannot simply negate the fact that all alone Alola Forms is a very, very important feature. It is known that sometimes leakers change what is known and provide fake information to not to be spotted. That could be the case, perhaps.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ok, le thoughts:

-At first I wasn't a fan of Alola forms, but after the explanation on them I'm ok with them. The new Ninetails definitely looks rad.
-New Pokémon look pretty cool.
-So, looks like we aren't getting gyms... Yay. Even worse, it seems like some of the trials do require other things than battling, which I'm not a fan of. But hey, at least they're different enough from gyms that warrant a change.
-Z-moves, cool. I still wonder if Ash-Greninja esque forms are apart of them, though...

Aetius

I was left speechless at the end of the trailer!
They have revealed so many things that I don't know from where should I start commenting. LOL
First Z-moves: they look gorgeous and more importantly powerful! Love the inferno one!
Trial leaders: I find them to be interesting characters and I'm looking forward to knowing more about them.
Alola forms: Well, I totally didn't expect these and I must say that they're not too bad, even though I want to know how many differences there are between them and the "normal" ones..
Even so, Vulplix and Sandshrew look fantastic.
New Pokemon: Not bad, but I'll comment them decently in the respective thread.

Last edited:

cmykmat

I feel they have strayed too far from the other games, I like that they've changed it up but they changed it too much, I can deal with the Island trials and beating the leaders, still has a gym leader like feel to it, but the alternate forms seems so lazy to me, they could've easily made these into new Pokemon with different names but had them connected to existing Pokemon and had a back story to them and say how over thousands of years they changed and evolved into a different species, I mean everything else is fine, but I feel this is just so cheap and lazy, almost like it's a fan made game now...

And from a rumor that has now been confirmed due to the alternate forms, Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Abra (Fighting), Nidoking/queen (Poison/Fighting), Rattata (Dark), Growlithe (Water) line and the Doduo line (Fighting/Flying) have alternate forms and typings

Also the bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro, so synchro is still a separate thing...

This is starting to feel more like Digimon...

That's Island Rule! It's a theory in evolution that states that the same species of animals will adapt themselves through evolution to match the enviroment that they're in! Like dwarf mammoths in islands versus the gigantic ones on mainland. It's a interesting concept, I don't think it's lazy, they're just playing with things they always played.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
That was a great video! Really love the spin on the older Pokemon, even if Ninetails becoming Ice wasn't the best move. Z moves are intriguing, and I'm guessing someone will give you a Z Crystal based on your starter.

I do like the idea of facing trials instead of battling the gym. They are really changing up the formula!

Also, side note, I need all those dancing birds! I love how they can mimick dance moves!

Concerning the leak about the starters, if it is true, then I'm dissapointed Litten will be another Fire/Fighting type. However, the other two evos looks nice, and I really liked the way Rowlet's uses a leaf arrow.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
oh, btw, MORE ICE TYPES YEAH! even if they are the alola forms it's more ice types :D. And ninetales is an ice/fairy! wouldn't mind seeing a fighting/flying farfetch'd at all. Or in a cruel irony, a ghost/normal rattata and raticate, making gary's raticate's death kinda legit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.