• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Does corocoro come out earlier this month though?

I don't think so, because August 15th is a Monday.
Anyway, here's a list of CoroCoro leak dates for this year:

CoroCoro leaks 2016
- January 13
- February 10
- March 11
- April 12
- May 12
- June 11
- July 12

Based on that, it's mostly 11th or 12th.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I think it was confirmed last month that the "guide" that Corocoro was talking about was coming out on the 12th, which would put the leak dates from the 7th to the 12th.

Edit: Yep, Serebii mentioned it.

Edit @ 09:36: It has been confirmed that next month's issue of CoroCoro, due for release on August 12th, will have a special "Southern Islands Alola Guide" which is said to give all the important information that you need for your journey. We'll provide full details as it comes

2dtyplosion

Uhh

Eevee says hello.

I highly doubt they'd be redundant or bland, especially with them having different typings/movepools, that definitely constitutes major differences in design.

Each Eeveelution is a different type. 4 seperate designs for a Fire cat may be harder.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So corcoro does come out early, meaning it cpuld potentially leak as early late sunday night.

Also exactly a week until the trailer

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
For me they sound MUCH weaker than megas. Ones per battle? And they need an item slot. And you can't choose which type it should have in battle. You have to choose the type before the battle. That's not very flexible.

Still, the whole concept is clearly based on Mega Evolution, what with requiring a mysterious stone and a bracelet, and emphasizing "bond" between the trainer and Pokemon.

Gizmoa

Still, the whole concept is clearly based on Mega Evolution, what with requiring a mysterious stone and a bracelet, and emphasizing "bond" between the trainer and Pokemon.

I think they are going for "Jinba Ittai" a union of souls usually used to describe a perfect state of the meeting of the minds when riding horses and sometimes also used to describe when man and machine integrate so well that the machine has become as though it is the extension of the man (part of him). Anyone who has a lot of experience riding horses will know about it (though there is not an english term for it), and it is what drives horse craze for a lot of people, trying to reach that union again... though often it takes a special pairing and sadly once you lose your horse partner finding another is really hard... I had 3 out of dozens of animals ridden, all 3 were torn away from me by adults who didn't care, I gave up after that(sorry I'll stop thinking about my past in that regard, lol). The man and machine form can be seen more weakly when people talk about actions in cars in the first person, such as "They cut me off" rather than "They cut my car off"... and strongly in car maniacs :)

Okay total change of topic, but what I really came here to write:

Do we have a way of data mining all the new pokemon stats and egg moves etc when the game comes out this time? Back when X and Y came out, I don't think we could for a while since I remember people collecting egg move data the old fashioned way. Can i safely assume we will not need to use trial and error this time and will have the data in the first few days, or should I expect a few weeks of "no one knows"? I am trying to plan out how I want to attempt my play through, but I'm a little worried about training up something that has a vital egg move and then having to raise another one because I didn't know about it (this happened to me last gen when I bred a 5iv pokemon without knowing it got a really good egg move). Specifically, right now I am thinking I can raise an oricorio since it's ability is awesome and I don't need to worry about the ha, but if it has some vital egg move I want to know right away, so if I can't know quickly I should breed something else this gen to bring with, if that makes sense.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild

.Aerodactyl.

http://i.imgur.com/Aj5S56t.jpg

is this fake? most likely
but its really funny. Added bonus, they didnt get fired :p

Definitely don't believe it but like some of the ideas. Steel/bug Kingler would be awesome...I used to hate Kingler but then I did a leaf green Nuzlocke run and he was one of my few Pokémon left by the end and he did some serious damage. I also am for ANY fire grass Pokémon. I definitely like the form changes that change types of Pokémon completely more than just adding on or changing a secondary type, but ice/flying Unfezant might actually get me to like that Pokémon.

EDIT: how did I miss the Tentacruel? Poison electric sounds radical! (Ignore the quad ground weakness XD )

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Obvious fake, and I dont even get how the legendaries themselves could or would be champion.

Obviously, but I guess they could be the equivalent to a Champion if there is no set League or Elite 4. /shrugs

Akashin

I mean, it's not like this rumour is making any particularly bold claims worth debating. Maraunder is a rather sensible name for Salandit's evolution that just about anybody could come up with, and at the moment Alolan Forms are so undefined that there's no real line between what's reasonable or not where they're concerned. Wimpod's evolution is the only one that sticks out to me because the name seems rather specific to guess, though maybe it's more obvious than I'm thinking it is.

Obvious fake, and I dont even get how the legendaries themselves could or would be champion.

Err, we already have Totem Pokemon. And Champion was used with quotation marks, so I'm guessing they meant more along the lines of the Box Legendary being an equivalent final challenge. Seems unlikely to me in any case, though, albeit not to the extent of calling it an obvious fake (I'm not sure what's obviously fake about any of it, honestly, given how harmless the predictions made largely are).

Last edited:

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Sorry, I had to step away from a few minutes. Instead of replying to individual questions I'll just write a lot of general answers.

Pikipek unfortunately stays Normal/Flying, but it does get a nice new multi-hit flying move for Skill Link
Komala evolves onces, stays Normal
Rockruff has two split evos, one during the day and one at night. They are pure Rock and Rock/Dark
Drampa has a single pre-evo, same type
Bruxish does not evolve or have a pre-evo
Cutiefly has two evos, same type
Togedemaru obviously doesn't evolve
I already covered Salandit and Wimpod
Bounsweet evolves twice, becomes Grass/Psychic
Bewear and Mimikyu have no evolutionary relatives, neither does Oricorio
Comfey evolves onces, stays Fairy
Minior have one evo, it's the new Magnemite/Diglett...

There are 10 Trial Captain, one on Mele Mele, three on Akala, four on Ula Ula and one on Poni. There types, in order, are Normal, Grass, Water, Fire, Electric, Ground, Psychic, Steel and Ghost. The Kahunas are not type specific, they instead use the best Pokemon found on there respective islands.

At least they're somewhat original in the split evo thing.
I, personally, don't think it's real. It's just a discussion starter I guess.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
>Says there are ten captains
>After counting the ones he listed, there are only nine

FAKKKKKKE.

(Kidding, of course, but this leak probably is fake)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Ice/Flying Unfezant, hm. Hasn't the leaker whom have stated the Alolan forms earlier HERE, said that Alolan Pidove are pure white? White, perhaps, referring to it being an Ice-type in its evolutionary line and could be why it is now being advertised in the anime. However, we have already seen a Sudowoodo in the trailer against Alolan Exeggutor and its form was normal, unless you can find both normal and Alolan versions in the region at the same time.

The region obviously can use the legendaries as the final destination to be the champion, as Ohmori and co. have already told legendaries are going to play a big role in-game, but differently this time. Labelling it as 'Champion' might be a huge statement, but 'The Final Totem Pokémon' could definitely replace that sentence. I'm honestly expecting something like that.

Akashin

>Says there are ten captains
>After counting the ones he listed, there are only nine

FAKKKKKKE.

(Kidding, of course, but this leak probably is fake)

I'd take that as a pretty valid counter-point actually, given that he not only miscounted on the total but also only gave nine Types. Off-handedly forgetting one Captain would be one thing, but claiming to know them right down to how many are on each island as well as their Types and still forgetting one? Seems like a bit of a red flag (as if this rumour really needed one) to me. Points for not including Dark for extra wish fulfillment though I suppose, much as I'd like to legitimately see a Dark Gym Leader (or Trial Captain/Kahuna, as the case is).

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

Taking this solely as ideas and not as leaks/rumors, I do like the idea of having more than eight trials. Ten would be cool and help extend the length of the game, plus these trials sound more extensive than just battles (plus the Kahuna battles seem to be "extra" on top of that). I really think this game is actually gonna have a campaign with side plot that you can't blitz through in a day or two. I mean, we do know that the Room Dex seems to mark key points and stuff, maybe it's so players don't forget/get lost from the main quest doing side objectives, and maybe Rotom Dex also keeps track of side quests if you stack up multiple. Hopefully these battles aren't too easy, or else they implement a difficulty setting.

As for the evolution predictions, I could honestly see most of that happening, just because it matches what we've seen in the past and what seems likely. Not saying its a true leak, but it's what I as thinking was gonna happen anyway personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.