• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLARISENSHI

telekinetic Trainer
I gotta say though they were bringing up the Chinese rumors that are apparently true I'm really hoping that the possibility of the two final evolutions for the starters is true maybe I'll do one for male and one for female. Popplio's final evolution at least the image that's been leaked doesn't seem masculine at all great design but I'm wondering why that would be the male evolution. Because over the past few Generations they've added in gender differences some very small and some very large. I'm wondering if an altogether different evolution would be the next step. I'm probably going to break my tradition of always choosing the water starter in choosing rowlett this time if the Robin Hood esque feather arrow shooting final evolution proves to be true. Personally I think it's one of the best final evolutionary forms of the starter to date. I'm just having a wondering why at this point in time we don't have the second stage Evolution revealed officially by Nintendo????

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Personally I think it's one of the best final evolutionary forms of the starter to date. I'm just having a wondering why at this point in time we don't have the second stage Evolution revealed officially by Nintendo????

Other than Blaziken (iirc), final evolutions are never revealed prior to release.

XXD17

Draco rex
Actually, if anything, the combo would be Belt + Tigre, as the name "El-Tigre" is from a animated show, and I'm pretty sure they're not making names that includes references to other animated media. That said, I only added the Bel part as a reference to "fire", which both Belanus and Belisama represent respectively, namely the sun.

Belphegor in turn, is a nice fit to the supposed Fire/Dark typing for Litten3's Wrestler form. Its namely in the Concept art that Litten3's evo is being lazy, sleeping, which may represent the sin of Sloth.

Of course, the latter is a big stretch, but if the name Beltigre were true, its reasonable that the name also includes some reference to fire. Bel is still a word after all.

Beltigre possible name construction (if true):
1. Bel - derived from Bel, or Belenus/Belisama, a celtic deity of the sun. May also reference to Belphegor, the demon of Sloth.
2. Belt - a band of clothing worn around the waist.
3. Tigre - Spanish for "Tiger".

Not really..."el tigre" just means "the tiger" in Spanish...is it a show? Sure. Doesn't mean it has complete rights to two Spanish words. With litten3 seemingly based on a mask wrestler (Tiger Mask), giving it a Spanish-sounding name fits. "El Tigre" is also a pretty fitting name for a luchador. Again, though, these might not even be real. However, I am pretty confident in terms of where the name is supposed to come from.

Your Belphagor theory is not bad, but there's some stretching. Considering that "bel" is a pretty generic word "part", it itself can't really mean much. I mean there's belt, belligerent, bell, Belarus, belabor, belate, believe, etc. Completely jumping to Belphagor (a proper noun of all things) seems a tad bit...farfetched...I mean sure it was seen sleeping, but that's probably to give some character to that specific beltigre. I'm not sure that's indicative of the species. Now if the "bel" was in komala's name, I'd be pretty inclined to believe that it may be a reference to Belphagor...

The thing about a pokemon's name that makes it good is that not only should it encompass what the pokemon is about, but also cleverly flow (This is why talonflame is probably the worst name ever not counting some first gen names). It's even better if there are multiple obvious meanings. My favorite one of the revealed 'mons, for example, is Comfey. At face value, it is pretty simple. Then you realize it's a combo of "comfrey", "fae", and "comfy" (and maybe even "convey") all in one. These associations also don't really require a leap of faith to see either. Bewear is also a pretty great name. Even the simpler names like bounsweet (bounce + sweet) and cutiefly (cutie-pie + fly) flow very nicely. However, they are just that: simple names. Is bounsweet a soup ingredient? Probably not. Is cutiefly going to shank me? I don't think so....

Some (actually most) of these leaked names carry this exact charm. Just to name a few, there's mightior (mightier + meteor + a progression from "mini"), goruggla (gorilla +rugby +ruggid), and that whole ice/bug line based on insect parasitism. My favorites though, are still "darline" and "darwisker". Darline is more simple appearing to be just (darling + feline), but when it evolves, darwisker implies the dar- is also from "Darwin", which corresponds to the supposed theme of this pokemon. -line is also a reference to "family lines" where genes are passed down from parents to offspring. These two names are really smart.

Whether this is real or not, the names definitely sound better and more "pokemonish" than the ones from that other leak. I mean "carphin"? what is that even supposed to be? Car + dolphin? Carve + dolphin? Carn- + dolphin? It's supposed to be a psychic type so none of those really work...

Last edited:

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I can... actually see all of these being real? And maybe it's just me being wishful but like... Yass bring on Crypti, Darline, and literally everything else tbh
It sounds good.
And for the person wondering about the fossils, there's two prehistoricky names that are just lacking the Rock type. :p
Also, Carphin looks like it'd be Cairn + Dolphin. Suggests Ghost more than Psychic tho.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I can... actually see all of these being real? And maybe it's just me being wishful but like... Yass bring on Crypti, Darline, and literally everything else tbh
It sounds good.
And for the person wondering about the fossils, there's two prehistoricky names that are just lacking the Rock type. :p
Also, Carphin looks like it'd be Cairn + Dolphin. Suggests Ghost more than Psychic tho.

I see...The leaker said you get the psychic Z crystal after beating totem carphin so I'm assuming that it would be a psychic/ water type lol. Maybe it's not even a dolphin and performar is the dolphin...I mean you supposedly get the water crystal from it after all...

goodpeople25

Maybe there be a person who sells mega stones instead of you find them? Although that means spending money on all of them.
They already have utilized buying the stones for the leftover starters, I could see them expanding that a bit to hold a few more but not overshadowing finding them.

B. Thunder Tiger

Not really..."el tigre" just means "the tiger" in Spanish...is it a show? Sure. Doesn't mean it has complete rights to two Spanish words. With litten3 seemingly based on a mask wrestler (Tiger Mask), giving it a Spanish-sounding name fits. "El Tigre" is also a pretty fitting name for a luchador. Again, though, these might not even be real. However, I am pretty confident in terms of where the name is supposed to come from.

Your Belphagor theory is not bad, but there's some stretching. Considering that "bel" is a pretty generic word "part", it itself can't really mean much. I mean there's belt, belligerent, bell, Belarus, belabor, belate, believe, etc. Completely jumping to Belphagor (a proper noun of all things) seems a tad bit...farfetched...I mean sure it was seen sleeping, but that's probably to give some character to that specific beltigre. I'm not sure that's indicative of the species. Now if the "bel" was in komala's name, I'd be pretty inclined to believe that it may be a reference to Belphagor...

The thing about a pokemon's name that makes it good is that not only should it encompass what the pokemon is about, but also cleverly flow (This is why talonflame is probably the worst name ever not counting some first gen names). It's even better if there are multiple obvious meanings. My favorite one of the revealed 'mons, for example, is Comfey. At face value, it is pretty simple. Then you realize it's a combo of "comfrey", "fae", and "comfy" (and maybe even "convey") all in one. These associations also don't really require a leap of faith to see either. Bewear is also a pretty great name. Even the simpler names like bounsweet (bounce + sweet) and cutiefly (cutie-pie + fly) flow very nicely. However, they are just that: simple names. Is bounsweet a soup ingredient? Probably not. Is cutiefly going to shank me? I don't think so....

Some (actually most) of these leaked names carry this exact charm. Just to name a few, there's mightior (mightier + meteor + a progression from "mini"), goruggla (gorilla +rugby +ruggid), and that whole ice/bug line based on insect parasitism. My favorites though, are still "darline" and "darwisker". Darline is more simple appearing to be just (darling + feline), but when it evolves, darwisker implies the dar- is also from "Darwin", which corresponds to the supposed theme of this pokemon. -line is also a reference to "family lines" where genes are passed down from parents to offspring. These two names are really smart.

Whether this is real or not, the names definitely sound better and more "pokemonish" than the ones from that other leak. I mean "carphin"? what is that even supposed to be? Car + dolphin? Carve + dolphin? Carn- + dolphin? It's supposed to be a psychic type so none of those really work...

Ah, okay, I didn't know that El-Tigre meant "The Tiger" on its own. My mistake for that. Thanks for correcting. And yeah, I agree, the names shown on this supposed leak, including Beltigre, are pretty good. Although if Beltigre has four split evos, and each is different, with two being rumored to be four-legged, how would the name "Beltigre" work? That means, even any possible four-legged evos of Litten would have to incorporate a belt somewhere in their design. At least that is how I'd think, unless Beltigre's evos are all bipedal and showcase the belt properly like how the concept art does.

XXD17

Draco rex
Ah, okay, I didn't know that El-Tigre meant "The Tiger" on its own. My mistake for that. Thanks for correcting. And yeah, I agree, the names shown on this supposed leak, including Beltigre, are pretty good. Although if Beltigre has four split evos, and each is different, with two being rumored to be four-legged, how would the name "Beltigre" work? That means, even any possible four-legged evos of Litten would have to incorporate a belt somewhere in their design. At least that is how I'd think, unless Beltigre's evos are all bipedal and showcase the belt properly like how the concept art does.

No worries! I'm thinking the alternate evos would probably be more or less the same in terms of "frame" with certain key changes to distinguish that they are different (almost like Alola forms)...for example, dark type beltigre could be the one we have right now and there could be a fighting type beltigre that has a mask-like marking on its face who fights for justice rather than with dirty tricks. Fighting type sirene could be more masculine looking as well. Unfortunately, that would probably mean that a quadrapedal beltigre would probably not happen. Then again! This may all be fake lol

The "leaked" Pokedex seems weird. It could be real, but at the same time it could easily be made by anyone who is familiar with all other leaks and theories.

That would be nice, especially if you aren't all into hunting them out. I would like it if the gave a spot to put all of them in, like a pocket, or something like the fashion case. It gets a little messy when it's with all the other items.

I agree with this. I honestly doubt they would just stop making new megas or completely remove them from the game, so it's a given (if I'm right) there will be too many stones at some point. When that happens, I would be surprised if they don't put a store that sells all stones or something similar.

It would be nice if we got a case to hold all stones too.

Macabrelicious

For me right now I'm most curious about HM's and how Pokeride seems to negate the need for them. If it ends up being the case that Pokeride replaces HM's like Fly, Surf, Waterfall, Dive and/or Whirlpool, then we'll only need the situational ones Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength.

Gamefreak isn't sadistic enough to get rid of all the fun HMs and keep only the worst ones.

They're eliminating all of them, I think. There's terrain you can only cross on riding pokemon so obstacles like little trees you can't walk around are obsolete.

goodpeople25

Pokeride seem to always be available though. While I think mandatory tm usage could easily be gone (last new game had 2 surf uses and 1 strength) and I would be fine with that and that yeah as obstacles they are obsolete, I kinda like them as optional ways to get items in exchange for something. (be it a moveslot, teamslot,ect) plus strength works as a shortcut now.

Oh and small trees are so 2 (or last depending on your perspective) gens ago.

Oh and i think surf could still find use for small optional stuff.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
This one got shared by Hirobyte, and if I remember correctly he leaked a lot of stuff in the BW days.

He also said we would never get a Fairy type.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It won't be long before we get news. I like to some details on the second island that the main character goes to. I wouldn't mind if multiple forms of starters got confirmed.

Julia Artemis

definitely want to see confirmation about the starters and Rockruff's evolutions. Also more Alolan forms and maybe more about the islands and the Tapus

Macabrelicious

Pokeride seem to always be available though. While I think mandatory tm usage could easily be gone (last new game had 2 surf uses and 1 strength) and I would be fine with that and that yeah as obstacles they are obsolete, I kinda like them as optional ways to get items in exchange for something. (be it a moveslot, teamslot,ect) plus strength works as a shortcut now.

Oh and small trees are so 2 (or last depending on your perspective) gens ago.

Oh and i think surf could still find use for small optional stuff.

I agree! I thought it was neat how starting in Gen V, Strength was almost entirely used for shortcuts

knightwolf09

Who here remembers Hirobyte? To refresh your memory, he was the same guy that leaked the Gen 5 pokedex. Turns he posted on his twitter that he believes the Alola pokedex might be real but possibly not all of it. Again, we'll have to see on the 12th if any pokemon matches this list to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.