• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Oh. Well the riddles he has were a picture of a shovel next to one of a pile sand, a screenshot of pokken tournament with pikachu under a table cloth in the background zoomed in, a piece of cloth with a skeleton printed on, fanart of sub-species of pokemon, a Litleo and Zubat, and a picture of rock-paper-scissors + organs. All of these are said to come from a chinese forum, same one the chinese leak originated from before ~Cressilia heard of it, called the hint thread list which comes and goes .

Is there any place I can find the discussion of all this?

Crystal Power

I don't think it's a stretch to compare the shovel with the sandcastle Pokemon. Both of it's forms does seem to use the shovel on it's head as a motif for it's design.

XXD17

Draco rex
Oh. Well the riddles he has were a picture of a shovel next to one of a pile sand, a screenshot of pokken tournament with pikachu under a table cloth in the background zoomed in, a piece of cloth with a skeleton printed on, fanart of sub-species of pokemon, a Litleo and Zubat, and a picture of rock-paper-scissors + organs. All of these are said to come from a chinese forum, same one the chinese leak originated from before ~Cressilia heard of it, called the hint thread list which comes and goes .

By organs, do you mean bodily organs or pipe organs? A skeleton 'mon would be cool I guess...

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
How do we know this person really is getting information though? Couldn't they be creating the images themselves?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
How do we know this person really is getting information though? Couldn't they be creating the images themselves?
Would that really change anything, though? They'd still be legit, just from a different source.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

If all of the stated information/riddles are posted before their actual announcement date, then it pretty much confirms they obtain it from a valid source.

radjess331

Reptile Keeper
Just needed to point out that Cosmot does not refer to cosmos and mottled.

Cosm- meaning cosmos
and ot latin for- being of the or a kind of

so cosmot etymology would be

of the cosmos or
a kind of cosmos

but if you break down cosmos it could mean of the universe or of order/harmony

So several of us on /vp/ worked on the etymology of the dex leak Pokemon names. Many are obvious and have thus been excluded.
Even if this leak is fake, it does a very good job of showcasing a lot of Gamefreak's trademark use of portmanteaus when it comes to the creation of new Pokemon. So props to them (if it is fake).

Errors in guesswork are likely, and feel free to correct me if you disagree with any of them.

the dex leak organized accordingly for reference

>archer +hoot
>robin + root
>panther + thermal
>belt + tigre/tiger
>siren + lion
>siren + serene
>pluck + pek
>lumber + bird
>werewolf + ruff
>bountiful + mangosteen
>bounce + sour
>paw + opossum
>opossum + mime
>lei + fairy
>adorable + parasite
>quack + racket (noisy gosling)
>bonnet + bon (means ‘good’ in French) + nene (Hawaiian goose)— might be based on Mother Goose
>dormant + koala
>bruxism + baby
>pesk + ESP
>pesk + school of fish (hive mind situation)
>mighty + meteor
>Darwin + feline
>Darwin + whisker
>caterpillar + brr (onomatopoeia)
>parka + cocoon
>fly + icicle
>hijack + cocoon
>snow + hominoid
>snow + horror
>delfin
>porpoise + surprise
>(sea) cucumber + cumbersome
>anemone +enemy
>soft + turtle + waffle
>pancake + quake (based on the Pancake Tortoise)
>shrimp + pod
>champion + pod
>gorilla + rugby
>dragon + kid
>illuminate + mage
>la (feminine article) +spell
>library + braid
>fiddle + lobster (based on the Fiddler crab)
>calcium + Uca (the genus for crabs)
>bad + tadpole
>swindler + loot+ newt
>germinate + candle wick
>pepper + fire
>three + burn
>fungus + funky
>hallucination + acid
>cub + badge
>merit + tote (a heavy handheld object)
>steel + salute
>hydrogen + atom
>positive + atom
>negative + atom
>screw + loose
>structure
>cryptid + yeti
>dust + trance
>guard + drake
>guard + royal
>torch/torture + gargoyle (not sure about this one still)
>forge + gargoyle
>cosmos + mottled
>spectrum + odon
>quasar + dinosaur
>pipi means cow
>poloka means frog
>mano means shark
>malevolent/marred + shadow

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
If all of the stated information/riddles are posted before their actual announcement date, then it pretty much confirms they obtain it from a valid source.

Do we know when they were posted? I just find it strange that wer're only hearing about this stuff now. Seems like something that would have people talking.

Would that really change anything, though? They'd still be legit, just from a different source.

Why would they be legit?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Do we know when they were posted? I just find it strange that wer're only hearing about this stuff now. Seems like something that would have people talking.

Why would they be legit?
It is odd that we're just hearing about this now, but I'd imagine that if the timestamp didn't check out then Bulbagarden wouldn't give the guy the time of day.

As for the last part, assuming the timestamp checks out, it's still legit, regardless if the guy is lying that it came from another source than himself.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
It is odd that we're just hearing about this now, but I'd imagine that if the timestamp didn't check out then Bulbagarden wouldn't give the guy the time of day.

Wait, what happened with Bulbagarden exactly?

As for the last part, assuming the timestamp checks out, it's still legit, regardless if the guy is lying that it came from another source than himself.

That's the thing, i want to see these posts or whatever with the proper time stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.