• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Not really, with XY we didn't get Megas until two months prior to release. We're still three months away, so them not introducing Megas isnt really a big indication of their return.

Also, Megas were a pretty big reveal. We had never seen the concept before, so it was a real shock. That position in this prerelease was taken up by Alola Forms, which were a similar concept and also an August reveal. Megas are still big reveals, but they don't carry quite the same weight as they did prior to X/Y.

What I'm getting at is, why focus on an older concept when you can pile on the new?

Tuoko

For Worlds I can see a Mega Evolution or Alolan form, hopefully the former (but if it's the latter plz let it be something other than gen 1).

Gamescom... I don't know. I think back during XY's prerelease they revealed Honedge at some event in July and then its evolution at another event in August, so, maybe the same thing except replace Honedge with Salamandit?

Doublade was actually revealed in September, not August.

You know, I still have hope for Synchro Evolution being shown off and linked to Z-Moves. With Rockruff's evolution being the poster child for this like Mewtwo/Lucario were for Mega Evolution. Of course Ash-Greninja would probably be shown off in tandem with this. Maybe using that large ring shuriken thing.

You're not the only one. I can also see them tying Solgaleo's Radiant Sun Phase and Lunala's Full Moon Phase into the mechanic.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Doublade was actually revealed in September, not August.
Ohhhhhhh, nevermind then.

In which case, maybe we will see some new battle mechanic, or possibly even some more Z-Moves.

.Aerodactyl.

Ok then. I'll bite...remember the sand castle pokemon that we got with our last CoroCoro LEAK? It hasn't been posted or announced on any official sites yet. Is it fake too? All we have so far is a photo of a page that is supposedly from CoroCoro. But like you said, there are amazing artists out there. So what's to say that those CoroCoro leaks aren't faked? Did you fly to Japan and see the magazine yourself? And if you did. Are you sure it's the actual magazine and not a REALLY good counterfeit? Because...you know...amazing artists and such...

On a spectrum, these starter leaks are pretty much only a little bit below a typical CoroCoro leak in terms of validity before the 'mons are "officially announced" as you would say. That's actually REALLY good considering that most leaks never have the evidence to be this valid. This is the reason why people believe it or have a higher tendency to believe it. By your logic, all CoroCoro leaks must be fake before they are "officially announced" right? Also, please don't bring up Serebii...as we have told you time and time again, Serebii is a fan site (as in not official) and Joe is the webmaster. He chose not to post the starter leaks because he didn't want a re-enactment of the BW starter fiasco. He basically believes these to be real at this point.

Let's say the BW fiasco never happened and Joe did post these onto Serebii, would you be more inclined to believe it then? By your own words, it should still be "no" right?

Do you see how that method of critical thinking and decision-making doesn't make sense to us now? More importantly, does it make more sense in terms of what we are trying to tell you?

Seriously guys...cool your jets. It REALLY doesn't matter what Alwxander18 thinks. They aren't being pushy, they aren't being mean, you guys are getting RIDICULOUS. Coro coro is an official source. They buy the rights to highlight certain Pokémon before the website does. And so what if he puts some faith in Serebii over leaks? That's his opinion and that's fine.

I'd have a problem if Alexander18 was trying to stir trouble, crying only because they wanted a qudraped litten3 and was arguing just to get their desires, if he was completely unwilling to accept that they might be be real. They have said, over and over and over again that if/when they get confirmed real, they will be okay with that, but until a more official stance is taken, they won't say that they are confirmed.

THAT IS ACTUALLY A COMPLETELY REASONABLE ATTITUDE. They aren't even going to whine and complain if they are real. Why do so many of you want him to say they are real so bad??? Honestly it says more about YOU then him. I certainly think the concept art is real, but I also agree to say that they 100% are until reveal is just a bad idea. They could have tweaked the design a bit. Swapped some colours. Scrapped it completely. It could be made by someone who only knew about Mallow and did their own take on the designs. Are they likely? No. But possible? Certainly. Just let it go. You are all maliciously attacking the character of someone with a reasonable attitude who has done nothing but try and be respectful in return. There is zero reason Alexander18 has to say the leaks are 100% confirmed other than for your own personal satisfaction.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Seriously guys...cool your jets. It REALLY doesn't matter what Alwxander18 thinks. They aren't being pushy, they aren't being mean, you guys are getting RIDICULOUS. Coro coro is an official source. They buy the rights to highlight certain Pokémon before the website does. And so what if he puts some faith in Serebii over leaks? That's his opinion and that's fine.

I'd have a problem if Alexander18 was trying to stir trouble, crying only because they wanted a qudraped litten3 and was arguing just to get their desires, if he was completely unwilling to accept that they might be be real. They have said, over and over and over again that if/when they get confirmed real, they will be okay with that, but until a more official stance is taken, they won't say that they are confirmed.

THAT IS ACTUALLY A COMPLETELY REASONABLE ATTITUDE. They aren't even going to whine and complain if they are real. Why do so many of you want him to say they are real so bad??? Honestly it says more about YOU then him. I certainly think the concept art is real, but I also agree to say that they 100% are until reveal is just a bad idea. They could have tweaked the design a bit. Swapped some colours. Scrapped it completely. It could be made by someone who only knew about Mallow and did their own take on the designs. Are they likely? No. But possible? Certainly. Just let it go. You are all maliciously attacking the character of someone with a reasonable attitude who has done nothing but try and be respectful in return. There is zero reason Alexander18 has to say the leaks are 100% confirmed other than for your own personal satisfaction.
Well, in all fairness, you can't really say something like "the leaks don't have enough evidence" or something and not expect someone here to say something. Not to mention, Aromatic who kind of started this hasn't been here much recently, so I'm not sure they knew we've argued against him several times before.

As XXD17's comment, I'm pretty sure they were just giving an example saying that someone could've faked that CoroCoro leak (even though it obviously wasn't faked, but hypothetically), but we still all believed it.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

What do you mean cool your jets?

I don't recall anyone being aggressive with Alexander18 or being rude, we're simply stating our thoughts on their thoughts. If we can't do that, then why is the called a discussion forum?

We're debating, get over it, it happens all the time here.

.Aerodactyl.

Well, in all fairness, you can't really say something like "the leaks don't have enough evidence" or something and not expect someone here to say something. Not to mention, Aromatic who kind of started this hasn't been here much recently, so I'm not sure they knew we've argued against him several times before.

As XXD17's comment, I'm pretty sure they were just giving an example saying that someone could've faked that CoroCoro leak (even though it obviously wasn't faked, but hypothetically), but we still all believed it.

But the rudeness is all one sided. Discussion is fine, but BLATANTLY telling people they will fail at life because they won't change their reasonable opinon on a video get is pushing it. Real discussion doesn't mean forcing people to change their opinion. It means presenting your thoughts and reasons, staying polite and giving the same respect you'd expect.

I'm not calling names on ANYONE specifically I purposefully didn't read who said what, I dont want to point fingers I just want people to chill. Nobody here is mean or terrible, this one disagreement I think is just getting people too passionate and they need to step back and realize that Alexander18 isn't trying to stir trouble or trying to make false hope or any of the other problem situations that some people start by denying the concept art. Alexander18 isn't denying it, he just wouldn't bet his life savings on it being real yet, that's all. Everyone is coming from a good heart! Agree to disagree guys and don't turn this into insults. It's perfectly reasonable to hold out 100% belief on something that isn't official confirmed by a reputable source and it's completely fine if you're okay saying they are 100% real.

I don't recall anyone being aggressive with Alexander18 or being rude, we're simply stating our thoughts on their thoughts. If we can't do that, then why is the called a discussion forum?

If you're being respectful I'm obviously not talking to you, so if you feel that was a personal attack, its not, I apologize. I'm talking g more along the lines of comments that say things like "You can't go through life this way" and the ones that are tearing in ridiculously by saying things like "you didn't physically hold the coro coro magazine so you can't trust it by your own beliefs". That's crossing a line from "discussion" to just verbal attack. Like, had someone just said "why does coro coro seem more trust worthy to you than this concept art, even if isnt the official website?", THATS discussion. It's polite, brings up a valid point and question they might have.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Actually, Aerodactyl does have a point, there was some edge thrown during the argument.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Apparently there is this rumor that there be all of the previous mega stones but no new mega evolutions this time round. Ash-Greninja seemed to be re-named Rainbow Greninja or something. Funny enough, we haven't anything about AZ's Floette but maybe it was just for AZ only.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Apparently there is this rumor that there be all of the previous mega stones but no new mega evolutions this time round. Ash-Greninja seemed to be re-named Rainbow Greninja or something. Funny enough, we haven't anything about AZ's Floette but maybe it was just for AZ only.

I think that rumor was confirmed fake, and if it wasn't, it isn't believable one bit and they gave us a date for August 21st when 'Rainbow Greninja' will be revealed and if that doesn't happen, well... It's fake.

Plus there's nothing credible about it either.

.Aerodactyl.

I think that rumor was confirmed fake, and if it wasn't, it isn't believable one bit and they gave us a date for August 21st when 'Rainbow Greninja' will be revealed and if that doesn't happen, well... It's fake.

Plus there's nothing credible about it either.

Yeah, I agree. We have to start being real careful about these leaks cause a lot are just borrowing off of more credible leaks like the Bewear/Reddit Leak and the Chines Leak. Always have to double check time stamps, sources, etc.

I personally also just don't get the name "rainbow greninja"... Like, really? Not even "super greninja" or "speed greninja" or even just "z-greninja"... what does rainbow have to do with it??? I laughed so hard!

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Agreed, hoaxes will be harder to distinguish straight away when we know a lot of information is upcoming. The "Rainbow Greninja" term made me laugh as well.

Did Nintendo officially state there would be new information following the championships?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Agreed, hoaxes will be harder to distinguish straight away when we know a lot of information is upcoming. The "Rainbow Greninja" term made me laugh as well.

Did Nintendo officially state there would be new information following the championships?

No, TPCI never says there will be an announcement at Worlds, but we did get the announcements of Mega Kang and Mega Sableye at Worlds 2013 and 2014, respectively. In other words, no formal statement was issued, but it is a safe bet :)

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I personally also just don't get the name "rainbow greninja"... Like, really? Not even "super greninja" or "speed greninja" or even just "z-greninja"... what does rainbow have to do with it??? I laughed so hard!

Well not that I believe the rumore. But Hawaii is the "Rainbow State".

Akashin

Thats why it seems so much more obviously fake.

There's also the fact that the leak claimed that 2017 would see a new main series game on the NX that allows you to go to both Kalos and Alola. I'd consider that a bigger flag than the Rainbow Greninja thing.

Oni Dekopin

It should be real. Too specific to be fake.

Plus, this rumore is pretty much on all gaming sites so it should have some credibility behind it.

We'll soon know anyway.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

Plus, this rumore is pretty much on all gaming sites so it should have some credibility behind it.

We'll soon know anyway.

Being specific doesn't make it real. And gaming sites love rumors, let's them write an article or make a video. Doesn't mean it's real.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

We'll soon know anyway.

Following that logic I could start a rumour saying "Alolan Raichu is special in some way, and will show off a new feature to be announced September 23rd". The fake Rowlet evolution scan from that Twitter artist was on "pretty much all gaming sites" too, I think so the latter is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.