• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamShield

I'm not a fan of either the Battle Maison or the Battle Frontier mostly because I can't earn any experience. I liked the variety BF gives, and I loved the concept of the Poke World Tournament, I still used both, but I always prefer post-game activities that give experience, because after level 70 you never really have a challenger at your level ever again. In ORAS its especially bad because all you can really do is run through the E4 endlessly. For post-game content they can do whatever for the facilities as far as I am personally concerned, as long as they have something else like the Chateau where you can get levels in an interesting way. (I do hope the facility is interesting a la World Tournament though, Maison felt boring to me)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I didn't really like the battle maison that much. Battle frontier was better and of course I'm probably not the only one who wants a battle frontier in these gamessages =)

I liked the Battle Maison just fine, but yes, people want the return of the Battle Frontier. That said, I'm not against it, but I don't think we'll necessarily get it right way in Gen 7. The Battle Frontier has traditionally be left for later installments in a Generation (Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS). Same goes for the PWT, which could be seen as Unova's equivalent, seeing as it hosts a variety of different tournaments with different parameters.

The only thing I didn't like was stuff like the Battle Pike and Battle Arcade, do to the element of random chance that was involved in their gimmicks. So, if they do bring the Battle Frontier back at some point, they should choose gimmicks that are more skill based. For instance, a facility dedicated to Inverse Battles.

Enjolras

Master of the House
I liked the Battle Maison just fine, but yes, people want the return of the Battle Frontier. That said, I'm not against it, but I don't think we'll necessarily get it right way in Gen 7. The Battle Frontier has traditionally be left for later installments in a Generation (Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS). Same goes for the PWT, which could be seen as Unova's equivalent, seeing as it hosts a variety of different tournaments with different parameters.

The only thing I didn't like was stuff like the Battle Pike and Battle Arcade, do to the element of random chance that was involved in their gimmicks. So, if they do bring the Battle Frontier back at some point, they should choose gimmicks that are more skill based. For instance, a facility dedicated to Inverse Battles.

Dear god no more inverse battles

On a more serious note, while I do want a new battle frontier (come on, ORAS!), I also am okay with the standard battle tower clone for now. I'm sure there will be something new, as the Maison will be replaced like the subway before it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Wonder when the next trailer will be announced.

The July 1st trailer was announced on June 20th, August 1st trailer was announced on July 24th.

Edit: Rank up.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I'm not a fan of either the Battle Maison or the Battle Frontier mostly because I can't earn any experience. I liked the variety BF gives, and I loved the concept of the Poke World Tournament, I still used both, but I always prefer post-game activities that give experience, because after level 70 you never really have a challenger at your level ever again. In ORAS its especially bad because all you can really do is run through the E4 endlessly. For post-game content they can do whatever for the facilities as far as I am personally concerned, as long as they have something else like the Chateau where you can get levels in an interesting way. (I do hope the facility is interesting a la World Tournament though, Maison felt boring to me)
I really hope there is another Battle Chateau-style facility. It doesn't get nearly enough love. I have greatly enjoyed having somewhere in XY to level up that is relatively quick (yay, Audino trainers!), whilst still giving me time to appreciate using the Pokemon I just bred, rather than using one move and gaining 30 levels, like the Blissey triple-battles you can get in ORAS bases.

DSDark

Breeder

I also didn't used to like the battle stuff. However once I started to EV train I was able to well in then. Once I started to IV breed I was able to do very well. You got to start working toward competitive play to way in the battle facilities. The PWT had by far been my favorite battle facility, I wish they would bring it back.

Hauke_von_Arding

that particular rumor may have, but Ash-Greninja has shown up in at least one sidegame: I've seen it in pokemon picross. Of course, that says pretty much nothing about if it'll be in the main games. Picross did also have some of the new zygarde forms, though...

Ash-Greninja is also in the TCG and Shuffle.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I'm certain the Battle Frontier will be returning in S/M. The many hints we got from ORAS seals the deal IMO - including the model of it in the Battle Resort and the quote about scouting the Pike Queen and questions if anyone matches Scott's standards. And Scott wears Hawaii clothes.

Orphalesion

But what would really be the point of Ash-Greninja? Ash isn't in the games so why this? And how would you achieve that form? Why would any sort of synchro-evolution between a Greninja and the player character be something that looks like Ash?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
But what would really be the point of Ash-Greninja? Ash isn't in the games so why this? And how would you achieve that form? Why would any sort of synchro-evolution between a Greninja and the player character be something that looks like Ash?
Just take out the Ash part and BAM! Problem solved.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wonder when the next trailer will be announced.

The July 1st trailer was announced on June 20th, August 1st trailer was announced on July 24th.

Edit: Rank up.

September 1st trailer announced August 28th? :p

I could see them announcing a new trailer soon, they seem to like to give us something juicy at the start of each month!

League

Master Abra Catcher
What's the point of evolution, Mega Evolution, any pokemon at all, etc.? (Rhetorical question, but I'm too tired to type the answers.) Anyways, Ash's "Ash-Greninja" is Ash's "Ash-Greninja" because, in the emergent evolutionary state it attains, it comes to take on aspects of Ash's appearance. Otherwise the name is obviously sort of makeshift.

There are a lot of ways it is posited "Rainbow-Greninja" could be achieved: one purported leak said it could just use a Z-Move. Others have suggested a "Synchro" button.

Just take out the Ash part and BAM! Problem solved.
[hyphen]-Greninja!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
What's the point of evolution, Mega Evolution, any pokemon at all, etc.? (Rhetorical question, but I'm too tired to type the answers.) Anyways, Ash's "Ash-Greninja" is Ash's "Ash-Greninja" because, in the emergent evolutionary state it attains, it comes to take on aspects of Ash's appearance. Otherwise the name is obviously sort of makeshift.

There are a lot of ways it is posited "Rainbow-Greninja" could be achieved: one purported leak said it could just use a Z-Move. Others have suggested a "Synchro" button.

[hyphen]-Greninja!

The Rainbow Greninja leak, which is the move where a Z-Move would activate the form, has been debunked,seeing as we didn't get a Rainbow Greninja reveal during the closing of Worlds.

League

Master Abra Catcher
The Rainbow Greninja leak, which is the move where a Z-Move would activate the form, has been debunked,seeing as we didn't get a Rainbow Greninja reveal during the closing of Worlds.
Weeeeeeellllllllllllll (this is going to be a very qualified post, hence the number of e's and l's) 1) I wasn't actually putting credence directly on the purported leak, I was only pointing out that the proposed method (regardless of how it was proposed) was a proposed method, 2) the failed prediction only failed to occur in real-time, but perhaps it could have failed because Gamefreak is also operating in real-time, and so to counter a leak or "leak" (if you will) they counteracted the leak by countering the only prediction of the leak that was on schedule to be revealed, 3) in keeping with #2, one point of the purported leak being disproved doesn't mean that the rest is disproved, 4) to emphasize again, I wasn't putting credence directly on the purported leak.

#arguments

Last edited:

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Or maybe the ash greninja idea is so stupid that people can just use common sense to safely assume that it doesn't exist?

Giving Greninja of all things a power raiser in the gen that is supposedly removing Megas when everyone else gets a single move power up seems kinda bad.

Also, I feel like something this big for the game would have been announced by this time ala Alolan Formes.

knightwolf09

The whole "Z-Move to Activate As-Greninja" thing was floting around even before the Rainbow Greninja thing. It was just THAT particular leak that got more attention for some reason. But to be honest I can see forms like that happening if they act like Solgaleo and Lunala's Phases, which I'm convinced they can only stay in that phase after using a Z-Move.

Last edited:

League

Master Abra Catcher
Or maybe the ash greninja idea is so stupid that people can just use common sense to safely assume that it doesn't exist?

Giving Greninja of all things a power raiser in the gen that is supposedly removing Megas when everyone else gets a single move power up seems kinda bad.

Also, I feel like something this big for the game would have been announced by this time ala Alolan Formes.
It's so stupid that it's safe to assume it doesn't exist, only, it exists. #anime #shuffle #tcg #picross(#OrSoI'veHeardRegardingPicross)

We don't actually know that a Synchro form would equate to a direct "power-up" (a Mega Evolution does always amount to a passive power-up, as it increases unpredictability), but, in any case, we do know that one common target of just which pokemon got a Mega Evolution was not just those that "needed" a "power-up", but also included some pokemon that were already quite popular, thus, Blaziken and Scizor and some other popular pokemon got a Mega Evolution.

The whole "Z-Move to Activate As-Greninja" thing was floting around even before the Rainbow Greninja thing. It was just THAT particular leak that got more attention for some reason. But to be honest I can see forms like that happening if they act like Solgaleo and Lunala's Phases, which I'm convinced they can only stay in that phase when using a Z-Move.
If I were making a fake leak that I wanted to be believed I would of course throw Ash-Greninja in, given every other medium wherein it has currency.

But you do have a point which happens to speak to why we can't definitively say that Greninja attaining [hyphen]-Greninja form by using a Z-Move is disproven, and that's because purported leaks like to include elements of former speculations and former purported and seemingly-confirmed leaks.

Last edited:

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Also as a quick proponent to my last post, We have seen a lot of fake leaks saying ash greninja is in the game and every time one is disproven people still believe its existence.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
PWT was one of the coolest post-game ideas, I loved it, and would love to see it return.

I can think of no reason Ash-Greninja won't be in the game, maybe it'll be an event only form, like Eternal-Flower Floette (that was never actually released but whatever), or as a better example Spike-eared Pichu.

Status
Not open for further replies.