• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Also as a quick proponent to my last post, We have seen a lot of fake leaks saying ash greninja is in the game and every time one is disproven people still believe its existence.

As said multiple times before(For Megas, but it still applies here) just because we've yet to see anything/hear anything about it, doesn't mean it will/won't be in the game.

However, since Zygarde's forms are confirmed to be in-game, it's highly likely Ash-Greninja will be as well.

knightwolf09

Also as a quick proponent to my last post, We have seen a lot of fake leaks saying ash greninja is in the game and every time one is disproven people still believe its existence.

Except the Chinese leak, which hasn't been disproven at this point and has proven more real than fake. Also said he's in the game.

League

Master Abra Catcher
Disproving any purported leak that includes a claim that Ash-Greninja is in the game is different from disproving the claim that Ash-Greninja is in the game, see my previous post.

Or, for an example, imagine that I crafted this purported leak containing these two claims: 1) Alolan Raichu evolves from Alolan Cubone, and Alolan Marowak evolves from Alolan Pikachu; 2) 2+2=4. The substance of claim #1 being disproved would disprove the purported leak but not every claim within the purported leak.

PWT was one of the coolest post-game ideas, I loved it, and would love to see it return.

I can think of no reason Ash-Greninja won't be in the game, maybe it'll be an event only form, like Eternal-Flower Floette (that was never actually released but whatever), or as a better example Spike-eared Pichu.
Yeah, that would be one way to do it, though on the whole I (obviously) would think that'd be disappointing.

I think that they wanted to leave Gen VI pokemon relatively free of Mega Evolutions, at least in the same generation they were introduced, as, otherwise, from a storyline point of view you'd suppose that Kalos pokemon would have more Mega Evolutions than any other.

We do know that Mega Evolutions do have some corrective and retroactive power, see what all occurred with pokemon like Mawile, Sableye, and Kangaskhan. Now that the metagame is somewhat settled and we see the uneven states of related pokemon like Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja, it'd make sense to give them a Mega/Synchro/counterpart form akin to what they have given 3 other sets of starters.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does anyone think PAX West 2016 will show us anything new? They haven't in the past, so I dunno.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Does anyone think PAX West 2016 will show us anything new? They haven't in the past, so I dunno.

I remember hearing that the only Sun and Moon related thing at PAX will be a photobooth thing with SOlgaleo and Lunala, and some activities based on Pokemon

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Except the Chinese leak, which hasn't been disproven at this point and has proven more real than fake. Also said he's in the game.
The Bewear Leak also says Ash-Greninja is in the games as well, so that makes two highly credible leaks mentioning it.

League

Master Abra Catcher
The Bewear Leak also says Ash-Greninja is in the games as well, so that makes two highly credible leaks mentioning it.
To remind, the term "Ash-Greninja" would make no sense for a leaker to make quick reference to (i.e., simply say "'Ash-Greninja' is in the game") if it weren't already a thing in the anime, TCG, Shuffle, and Picross.

There are sources of revelation far more credible than credible leaks.

knightwolf09

Just a reminder that the bewear leak and Chinese leak don't really fully agree with each other.

The Chinese leak says that the "logo diamonds" (z-crystals) transform certain Pokemon, like ash-Greninja.

The Bewear leak says that the bracelet have nothing to do with ash-Greninja, but he does appear in the game.

To be honest, I believe the Bewear leak was also the one to say that said Alolan Ninetails was going to be Fire/Fairy, so maybe his info could be a bit off.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I like Arcanine, I quite enjoyed him in my last W2 playthrough. (Even if he was a growlithe for the majority of it) but honestly I don't really get why that really matters for this situation. If anything my like of Arcanine causes me to wonder more about why people want him as a poke ride pokemon, especially in stoutland's role which looks like the somewhat boring default/utility option. As said he's the legendary pokemon, why would I want to borrow one and sniff for items and go a bit faster?(he dosen't seem to be going that fast, compared to other rideable pokemon) It seems like they center the pokemon around the roles not viceverca so Arcanine wouldn't change the mechanics.

Not really arguing for Arcanine, just questioning why it wouldn't compare in the smell sensory department. As that person said in response, it was just forgotten that both were canine-based.

Only reason I say I'd rather Arcanine is for the aesthetic difference, not a mechanical difference or that it would make more sense in-setting. If I had the choice, I'd rather see Arcanine over Stoutland. That was all.

Gizmoa

Not really arguing for Arcanine, just questioning why it wouldn't compare in the smell sensory department. As that person said in response, it was just forgotten that both were canine-based.

Only reason I say I'd rather Arcanine is for the aesthetic difference, not a mechanical difference or that it would make more sense in-setting. If I had the choice, I'd rather see Arcanine over Stoutland. That was all.

They may just not being showing all pokemon that can be ridden for different uses, or it may be that they didn't want to over flood the ride system with gen 1 pokemon, or perhaps it is because lillipup can have pick up and thus fits better thematically. I do have to say though that I fancy riding arcanine a lot more :)

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So a trailer was released in Korea. Nothing new in the trailer, but seeing more of the Island Trials, Totem Pokemon and Z moves was pretty cool. http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/23/new-korean-sun-moon-trailer-released/

Well Hala explaining Z-Moves is new, but I doubt he's saying anything new about them. Still, it wouldn't if someone could translate it...

Also, this trailer confirms that the Totem Lurantis will know Solar Blade when you battle it, so having a Fomantis partner that sets up Sunny Day for it will make this thing a beast.

BlitzGirl41

I'm not a fan of either the Battle Maison or the Battle Frontier mostly because I can't earn any experience. I liked the variety BF gives, and I loved the concept of the Poke World Tournament, I still used both, but I always prefer post-game activities that give experience, because after level 70 you never really have a challenger at your level ever again. In ORAS its especially bad because all you can really do is run through the E4 endlessly. For post-game content they can do whatever for the facilities as far as I am personally concerned, as long as they have something else like the Chateau where you can get levels in an interesting way. (I do hope the facility is interesting a la World Tournament though, Maison felt boring to me)

Agreed! I always end up never touching any of those battle things because in my eyes it only ends up being there for bragging rights. If something doesn't give me XP, then I don't feel motivated to doing it. That's why I found G/S/HG/SS's endgame to be extremely satisfying, exploring and battling through all of Kanto and amassing 8 more badges. Whereas ORAS' endgame could be sped through so quickly for me. In fact, I have gotten my team to 75-80 in that game already and am now so bored that I am continuing my Y play-through (even though I would like to have X someday). I don't even feel motivated to try to catch and level up the Pokemon I still need. So here's to hoping that S/M have a good end game...

R_N

To be honest, I believe the Bewear leak was also the one to say that said Alolan Ninetails was going to be Fire/Fairy, so maybe his info could be a bit off.

With cases like these, I again have to bring up the XY leaks. Those were definitely, without question, legitimate, but they had some information wrong either on purpose (in which case, bad job there) or from faulty memory. Or maybe a game of telephone, depending on how the leaker got their infromation

Sycamore's assistant Patrice, Shauna giving you her fully evolved starter (actually just trading you the baby of it), gym order (but the types were right) and some specifics for Fairy's type interaction for example.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Agreed! I always end up never touching any of those battle things because in my eyes it only ends up being there for bragging rights. If something doesn't give me XP, then I don't feel motivated to doing it. That's why I found G/S/HG/SS's endgame to be extremely satisfying, exploring and battling through all of Kanto and amassing 8 more badges. Whereas ORAS' endgame could be sped through so quickly for me. In fact, I have gotten my team to 75-80 in that game already and am now so bored that I am continuing my Y play-through (even though I would like to have X someday). I don't even feel motivated to try to catch and level up the Pokemon I still need. So here's to hoping that S/M have a good end game...

The lack of EXP never bothered me. If you have a team prepared to take on a Battle Facility, then the implication is that they are already at their peak, since the Facilities are a way to test your mettle. That's why the reward is BP, which can be exchanged for rare and valuable items, and (in certain games) Move Tutor moves. If the lack of Experience is an issue for you, then you might be missing the point.

As for the post game, not everything can be Kanto. That is a whole other region, which is a lot to include. ORAS has what amounts to a very reasonable post game, between the Delta Episode, the Battle Maison, the S.S. Tidal, E4 Rematches (complete with Megas for everyone), going to Mt. Pyre so Phoebe can make you sad, and hunting a metric ton of Legendaries. There is a lot to do, and that's not including the side quests that might have been missed during the main story and fufilling the requirements to have both bikes in your inventory.

BlitzGirl41

The lack of EXP never bothered me. If you have a team prepared to take on a Battle Facility, then the implication is that they are already at their peak, since the Facilities are a way to test your mettle. That's why the reward is BP, which can be exchanged for rare and valuable items, and (in certain games) Move Tutor moves. If the lack of Experience is an issue for you, then you might be missing the point.

As for the post game, not everything can be Kanto. That is a whole other region, which is a lot to include. ORAS has what amounts to a very reasonable post game, between the Delta Episode, the Battle Maison, the S.S. Tidal, E4 Rematches (complete with Megas for everyone), going to Mt. Pyre so Phoebe can make you sad, and hunting a metric ton of Legendaries. There is a lot to do, and that's not including the side quests that might have been missed during the main story and fufilling the requirements to have both bikes in your inventory.

I understand. I just don't get any satisfaction from fighting in those facilities, especially since I can't use all of my team. It's not rewarding to me and is a bit restrictive.

I didn't necessarily say that we need a whole new region for the post-game. I just pointed that post-game as an example of lots of rewarding material. I can fight the E4 over and over in any Pokemon game after I've beaten it, so it's not much new. The E4 and Champ have gained new Pokemon in their team in the post-game for many gens now.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think I prefer Ash-Greninja to not be in the main series games. After all it does have Ash in the name. Ash doesn't exist in the games since Red is the counterpart of him. Unless they call it Red-Greninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.