• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

There were leaks on 4Chan that got posted on Pokejungle. And as to whether or not we can discuss them or not, as I understand it, no. Since they originated on 4Chan and there's nothing really indicating them as credible at the moment, we aren't supposed to discuss them. In fact there's more evidence AGAINST than FOR in that there's any evidence against it and literally zero for it.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I won't inquire further or wrack my brain over it. :)

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
There were leaks on 4Chan that got posted on Pokejungle. And as to whether or not we can discuss them or not, as I understand it, no. Since they originated on 4Chan and there's nothing really indicating them as credible at the moment, we aren't supposed to discuss them. In fact there's more evidence AGAINST than FOR in that there's any evidence against it and literally zero for it.

so we can't even make a 4chan thread to discuss 4chan leaks? That's the stupidest **** ever if that's how it is. Fake or not, fun to talk about and people have a lot to say.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
so we can't even make a 4chan thread to discuss 4chan leaks? That's the stupidest **** ever if that's how it is. Fake or not, fun to talk about and people have a lot to say.

I don't know that it's the stupidest thing EVER. People tend to get attached to fake leaks and are disappointed when the real info doesn't line up with it and react with a, "I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET _______!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOOK IT OUT/LIED TO US/ARE SO DUMB!!!"

However, simply due to the sheer quantity of leaks this time around, I don't think it would hurt to have a thread to specifically talk about leaks, it would also keep that info off the other boards for people that don't want to be spoiled. But it's not my call.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't know that it's the stupidest thing EVER. People tend to get attached to fake leaks and are disappointed when the real info doesn't line up with it and react with a, "I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET _______!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOOK IT OUT/LIED TO US/ARE SO DUMB!!!"

However, simply due to the sheer quantity of leaks this time around, I don't think it would hurt to have a thread to specifically talk about leaks, it would also keep that info off the other boards for people that don't want to be spoiled. But it's not my call.

obvious use of hyperbole, but yes it wouldn't be the stupidest ever.
that's just people being dumb though and not realizing the these fake leaks are fake leaks. Idk why that should stop there from being a separate thread involving only 4chan leaks, then people could only say that stuff in that thread. It shouldn't be a problem and would actually stop people from inappropriately posting fake leaks in the wrong place because they dont know where to post it but want to share it and discuss it... which seems to happen everyday...

BlitzGirl41

that's just people being dumb though and not realizing the these fake leaks are fake leaks. Idk why that should stop there from being a separate thread involving only 4chan leaks, then people could only say that stuff in that thread. It shouldn't be a problem and would actually stop people from inappropriately posting fake leaks in the wrong place because they dont know where to post it but want to share it and discuss it... which seems to happen everyday...

Very good point. There really should be an "official" thread in these forums for people to discuss leaks. It would solve a lot of other issues that keep cropping up. However, if people end up being disappointed by something they thought was real but ends up being fake, then that's their own issue to deal with. It's up to us to make our own personal deductions, after all.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Very good point. There really should be an "official" thread in these forums for people to discuss leaks. It would solve a lot of other issues that keep cropping up. However, if people end up being disappointed by something they thought was real but ends up being fake, then that's their own issue to deal with. It's up to us to make our own personal deductions, after all.
There is a stickied thread that tracks what leaks have some credibility left and what ones have been largely disproven. aside form this, I am not surprised there is not a leak thread. Serebii's stance in general is very hard on fakes and leaks and rumours. That is one of the reasons I like it so much. If something appears on the Serebii front page, you know it's real. They seem to follow the same standpoint in the forums.

Also, Blitz, the link these guys are talking about is the one I linked you to in the other thread. Feel free to check out that imgur image if you're interested in the middle stage starters, etc.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

The problem with this reasoning is that it's not always easy to ferret out a fake leak. People can make obvious fakes, but they can also make rumors that are so believable that they dupe the fanbase for longer stretches of time, sometimes even months. Look up Smash 4 Palutena leak for a good example, as that one was so good and so detailed that people believed it to be true, and while Palutena was playable, that model and image was a fake. Same with the Rayman rumor, same with that one BW rumor that guessed Triple Battles right, same with the recent Alola Meowth rumor, and so on.

I'm not going to say there shouldn't be a dedicated leaks thread, but thinking "people are just dumb for not realizing which ones are fakes" is just ignoring the multiple plausible fakes that have gotten our attention for years.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

I agree that there should be a thread in which we can speculate and discuss on leaks to our hearts' content, simply because that tends to be fun :)

(new leak is soooo obviously fake though, anything with a Grass/Fire pepper is fake imho. And pure ground Muk? So it'd just be a brown pile of mud? Riveting!)

Gizmoa

I think a rumors thread for people to discus potential leaks would work better since it offers the reminder that a leak isn't a leak until confirmed completely. Plus, it would make it so much easier to avoid those conversions for those of us that are not fond of such things. I much prefer honest speculation over potential bs leaks, yet it is nearly impossible to have a speculation discussion without someone hijacking it with a "leak".

BlitzGirl41

I think a rumors thread for people to discus potential leaks would work better since it offers the reminder that a leak isn't a leak until confirmed completely. Plus, it would make it so much easier to avoid those conversions for those of us that are not fond of such things. I much prefer honest speculation over potential bs leaks, yet it is nearly impossible to have a speculation discussion without someone hijacking it with a "leak".

Exactly! As much as I like the "supposed" final evo of Rowlett, I am not banking on it being real. Everything else, honestly, I hope is really fake, because I am not liking many of the ideas that people are bringing forth.

Gizmoa

I agree that there should be a thread in which we can speculate and discuss on leaks to our hearts' content, simply because that tends to be fun :)

(new leak is soooo obviously fake though, anything with a Grass/Fire pepper is fake imho. And pure ground Muk? So it'd just be a brown pile of mud? Riveting!)

I have not seen that rumor, but I would expect to some day get a hot pepper(maybe even a bounsweet evolution... though I half expect it to become a durian to go with the king and queen titles) and I am cheering for purified muk(natural muk) some day as well though I would like it to be water.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Exactly! As much as I like the "supposed" final evo of Rowlett, I am not banking on it being real. Everything else, honestly, I hope is really fake, because I am not liking many of the ideas that people are bringing forth.

Hey, there's always going to be things you don't like in pokemon. I guarantee there's not one gen where everybody like everything.

I have not seen that rumor, but I would expect to some day get a hot pepper(maybe even a bounsweet evolution) and I am cheering for purified muk(natural muk) some day as well though I would like it to be water.

The rumor DOES say the pepper pokemon is Bounsweet's evo. And Ground Grimer is a purified version.

Last edited:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Hey, there's always going to be things you don't like in pokemon. I guarantee there's not one gen where everybody like everything.

The rumor DOES say the pepper pokemon is Bounsweet's evo. And Ground Grimer is a purified version.

Yes, it says that it follows the taste progression of Sweet to Spicy, which is a strong Japanese culinary theme and has been represented in Pokemon before with things like Poffins and PokeBlock.

Also, I love the concepts of purified Ground Grimer and Fire Koffing. Not to mention running over volcanicly heated water with Alolan Arcanine and a Rock/Bug spidermonkey. I really hope that leak is real.

Ioneos

old geezer
I'm not sure how to feel about this leak (the water arcanine). It all seems very... safe. If someone had leaked Megas (not sure if they did), I feel like the concept just seems so out there that it's hard to believe. Especially this generation where everything's being thrown out of whack. Maybe I'm being uber-critical but I feel that a leak with this much info would have something more... weird.

knightwolf09

I'm not sure how to feel about this leak (the water arcanine). It all seems very... safe. If someone had leaked Megas (not sure if they did), I feel like the concept just seems so out there that it's hard to believe. Especially this generation where everything's being thrown out of whack. Maybe I'm being uber-critical but I feel that a leak with this much info would have something more... weird.

Well he did say he didn't know everything.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Is a Fire/Grass dragon-headed Bounsweet evo and a creepy Usopp-sunflower not weird enough for you? XD I think that leak has just the right amount of stuff people want and straight up oddities that it could easily be real. Also, the middle evos he drew (the only ones he said he had a ref for) look perfect. I love love love that Rowlet2 would look like a strung bow while in flight.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't really think that leak is real, but I'd really love some of the stuff from it. A rideable Arcanine that can run on water sounds genius.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Is a Fire/Grass dragon-headed Bounsweet evo and a creepy Usopp-sunflower not weird enough for you? XD I think that leak has just the right amount of stuff people want and straight up oddities that it could easily be real. Also, the middle evos he drew (the only ones he said he had a ref for) look perfect. I love love love that Rowlet2 would look like a strung bow while in flight.

That combined with Franky-crab clearly means that someone's a fan of One Piece down at Game Freak.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

To me, comfey looks like bounsweet's evo... the descriptions also seem similar enough with the sweet scent thing.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
To me, comfey looks like bounsweet's evo... the descriptions also seem similar enough with the sweet scent thing.
I think they would have mentioned that. There is no reason to reveal two related Pokemon and not say they are. Also, we have had tonnes of Pokemon that people thought were related and weren't. Farfetch'd and the Doduo line because they come after each other in the dex. Remoraid and Mantine because of their close association. Cross-generationally, everyone thought Alomomola was related to Luvdisc and Tauros to Bouffalant. GF works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.