• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wasn't there apparently a section of the page on ORAS' site just listing random Pokémon in Hoenn as well? I guess that's just the same thing here. Not to mention, at least some of these 'Mon have new entries (Ex. Pinsir).

What I find weird is the lack of an announcement for a trailer. Shouldn't we have gotten one of those by now?

Again, 20th anniversary of pokemon.
That's not really a good reason. Sure it was the first game, but they should also be celebrating all the other games that got them through 20 years.

gliscor&yanmega

Sorry which figures are these? Link please?

Pretty sure referring to:
The home page has quite a few shown there(even if the exact lineup page isn't finished), so it's better to just look for yourself.

They do look nice, but I have no interest in getting them. Thankfully they only "make it easier to find Pokemon in the wild", which I feel might not even mean much other then the fact it'll register them in the dex and you'll know where to look.

Wasn't there apparently a section of the page on ORAS' site just listing random Pokémon in Hoenn as well? I guess that's just the same thing here. Not to mention, at least some of these 'Mon have new entries (Ex. Pinsir).

What I find weird is the lack of an announcement for a trailer. Shouldn't we have gotten one of those by now?

I would imagine it being a remake contribute to that since they can't really reveal much else in the Pokemon department besides Megas. Pretty sure it was only Gen 3 Pokemon, so acts as a way to remind people and show anyone new to the franchise. Albeit, the same could be happening now.

They don't seem to have any planning when it comes to when they'll make the announcement about the next update, they just do it whenever they feel like it really. I mean, we had a case where we learned when the next video would be revealed after getting another video. We also had a case where they made an announcement only a few hours in advance. Of course, they could be making preparations and don't want to say it'll be one day and end up not being able to do it, although hard to see that being the case. Maybe they are annoyed with some videos being leaked(And other leaks) so they decide to avoid telling us when too much in advance.

There should be a video on the 1st or even 2nd regardless, so long as they keep up with how they have been revealing things. Of course, never know.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

I kind of suspect that because of all the video leaks that have happened the last few times, they might have stopped announcing it in hopes that it would curb the leaking. From what others say, they have a pretty fleshed out plan when it comes to announcememt videos and reveals pre-release, and aren't likely to change it, and videos on the first seems to be a frequent pattern.

I'm more surprised that we haven't gotten more information on features in the game... All we really know is that pokeride is a thing, and one little video on the sea cucumber mini-game. Even the info on Rotom Dex is pretty vague... I feel like usually we know more. No official word on customization but we know it's there. In the past we were informed of sky battles, horde battles, riding Pokémon, customization, roller blades... ORAS had contests, secret bases, etc.

Anyone else feel that way, or am I just overlooking a lot of the info we have? I suppose we have the island trial and Alola forms.

WolfCypher

I'm disappointed that Sun and Moon is focusing so heavily on Gen 1... In Gen 7.

Wasn't that what X&Y was for? Salantune Forest? The Kanto starters? Lots of Kanto megas?

We finally get a game that goes against the grain of Pokemon in the majority of aspects yet they still feel the need to fill the game with Kanto references.

After we got no Megas for most of the recent Pokemon, I hoped they would fix that in later games. Nope, instead no Megas and Alola forms for only Kanto Pokemon since they ran out of ideas for Kanto Megas. (I don't know their reasoning but my point still stands) Give Alola forms to new Pokemon.

/rant

/same

Especially if the Alola forms of all these Gen 1ers is an indicator that we won't be getting a lot of new Gen 7ers.

IE: Gen 7 is a small generation like Gen 6 was, but hey! Here's a whole bunch of old stuff with new tricks! Only 60 new Pokémon? Where's the new stuff? Don't worry about that, cause how about another Golduck? Another Venonat and Venomoth? A different looking Dugtrio...and a 4th Charizard?

I just don't want to know that if Sun/Moon has few new Pokémon, its because they consider the Alolan forms to be just as good as new Pokémon. That has me concerned.

gliscor&yanmega

I kind of suspect that because of all the video leaks that have happened the last few times, they might have stopped announcing it in hopes that it would curb the leaking. From what others say, they have a pretty fleshed out plan when it comes to announcememt videos and reveals pre-release, and aren't likely to change it, and videos on the first seems to be a frequent pattern.

I'm more surprised that we haven't gotten more information on features in the game... All we really know is that pokeride is a thing, and one little video on the sea cucumber mini-game. Even the info on Rotom Dex is pretty vague... I feel like usually we know more. No official word on customization but we know it's there. In the past we were informed of sky battles, horde battles, riding Pokémon, customization, roller blades... ORAS had contests, secret bases, etc.

Anyone else feel that way, or am I just overlooking a lot of the info we have? I suppose we have the island trial and Alola forms.

Well, they probably rather reveal new stuff, so stuff like customization and Poke Amie probably take a back seat since they aren't new(Although I think Poke Amie has a new name and has some new features, but still not "new" new).

We did get Battle Royal revealed to us though, and the Trail Challenge; and by extension SOS battles, those are features in the games. I can't imagine them revealing anything else for Rotom Dex though since it seems the main stuff has already been revealed about it, any little new tidbits we'll probably find out in the game. Also, Z-Moves were revealed. I mean, we have a fair amount of stuff I'd say.

/same

Especially if the Alola forms of all these Gen 1ers is an indicator that we won't be getting a lot of new Gen 7ers.

IE: Gen 7 is a small generation like Gen 6 was, but hey! Here's a whole bunch of old stuff with new tricks! Only 60 new Pokémon? Where's the new stuff? Don't worry about that, cause how about another Golduck? Another Venonat and Venomoth? A different looking Dugtrio...and a 4th Charizard?

I just don't want to know that if Sun/Moon has few new Pokémon, its because they consider the Alolan forms to be just as good as new Pokémon. That has me concerned.

I mean, Alolan forms basically are new Pokemon, just like Megas were. The only real difference is they don't add to the numbers, which works out better really.

I'm sure we'll at least get 70 again, but possibly more since odd gens have revealed more new Pokemon than even, but I wouldn't count on more than 100, which I'm fine with. 70-100 is still a good amount, it really shouldn't be difficult for most to find at least 6 Pokemon they'd want to use, if they are against using past Pokemon or forms of some sort.

Last edited:

R_N

We do have some distinct feature information, but aside from the Trials & pokeride, it's all kind of low key? SOme trailers focus 100% on Pokemon and nothing else. Other trailers just throw a few bits and pieces at the end of trailers (Hyper Training was seriously like 10 seconds at teh end of one of the videos).
Pokemon seem to specifically be the focus of their coverage this time around.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Pretty sure referring to:

They do look nice, but I have no interest in getting them. Thankfully they only "make it easier to find Pokemon in the wild", which I feel might not even mean much other then the fact it'll register them in the dex and you'll know where to look.

I would imagine it being a remake contribute to that since they can't really reveal much else in the Pokemon department besides Megas. Pretty sure it was only Gen 3 Pokemon, so acts as a way to remind people and show anyone new to the franchise. Albeit, the same could be happening now.

They don't seem to have any planning when it comes to when they'll make the announcement about the next update, they just do it whenever they feel like it really. I mean, we had a case where we learned when the next video would be revealed after getting another video. We also had a case where they made an announcement only a few hours in advance. Of course, they could be making preparations and don't want to say it'll be one day and end up not being able to do it, although hard to see that being the case. Maybe they are annoyed with some videos being leaked(And other leaks) so they decide to avoid telling us when too much in advance.

There should be a video on the 1st or even 2nd regardless, so long as they keep up with how they have been revealing things. Of course, never know.

Sorry I still dont get what or where the info on these figures are? I went back a couple of pages and still cant find a source :( are there some kind of nfc figures compatible with Sun and Moon?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Sorry I still dont get what or where the info on these figures are? I went back a couple of pages and still cant find a source :( are there some kind of nfc figures compatible with Sun and Moon?

Not NFC, but they function similarly. They are cute little figures (site here: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/moncolle_get/) that have QR codes on the bottom. By scanning the QR code, you can make that Pokemon easier to find (or possible to find if they weren't previously, in theory) in game. Details are still a bit iffy at the moment, though, so we'll have to hang tight for more info :)

.Aerodactyl.

We do have some distinct feature information, but aside from the Trials & pokeride, it's all kind of low key? SOme trailers focus 100% on Pokemon and nothing else. Other trailers just throw a few bits and pieces at the end of trailers (Hyper Training was seriously like 10 seconds at teh end of one of the videos).

Yeah, that seems about right. Now that other people are mentioning it, we actually have seen more than I gave credit for! It's just not as detailed. In retrospect, that's probably for the best :) It allows it to still be "discovered" in the game even if we have hints at it already.

WolfCypher

Not NFC, but they function similarly. They are cute little figures (site here: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/moncolle_get/) that have QR codes on the bottom. By scanning the QR code, you can make that Pokemon easier to find (or possible to find if they weren't previously, in theory) in game. Details are still a bit iffy at the moment, though, so we'll have to hang tight for more info :)

There's a figure of Rowlet. That's kinda a big deal (kinda*) if they make these figures for the starters, and you can get them in the wild via QR code.

*I say kinda because GTS has made getting the starters that much easier anyway.

gliscor&yanmega

To be fair, there isn't much to say about Hyper Training without giving it all away, which they eventually did with tidbits here and there. Only thing left to really know is will the Bottle Caps be easy to get or will they be a hassle(And I don't mean BP). I kind of get the impression they'll be a hassle since Magearna has one(A Silver one I think?), which would be kind of a shame but at the same time wouldn't make it too easy.

There's a figure of Rowlet. That's kinda a big deal (kinda*) if they make these figures for the starters, and you can get them in the wild via QR code.

*I say kinda because GTS has made getting the starters that much easier anyway.

We know the QR codes gives you the Pokedex entry of a Pokemon, I doubt it'll offer the chance of catching the Starters or do anything other then give you the dex entry.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

I really hope we still have Super Training. Hyper Training is...very good, but accurate EV management is such a drag, I don't want to lose it.

Someone had asked a page or two earlier what new content we'd like to see in the next set of confirmed info, and I just thought, I'd like to see some of which Pokémon are exclusive to Sun, and which are only in Moon.

We were talking about planned teams two days ago here, and we don't even know which Pokémon we can find in the versions we're planning our team(s) for.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
To be fair, there isn't much to say about Hyper Training without giving it all away, which they eventually did with tidbits here and there. Only thing left to really know is will the Bottle Caps be easy to get or will they be a hassle(And I don't mean BP). I kind of get the impression they'll be a hassle since Magearna has one(A Silver one I think?), which would be kind of a shame but at the same time wouldn't make it too easy.

We know the QR codes gives you the Pokedex entry of a Pokemon, I doubt it'll offer the chance of catching the Starters or do anything other then give you the dex entry.
We have specifically been told that "the special Monecolle GET figures will come with QR Codes that will let you easily find the Pokémon in the wild." We know that the starters have figures, so we can assume the starter figures will allow us to find them in the wild. If not, they were far too vague generalistic with their statement.

gliscor&yanmega

We have specifically been told that "the special Monecolle GET figures will come with QR Codes that will let you easily find the Pokémon in the wild." We know that the starters have figures, so we can assume the starter figures will allow us to find them in the wild. If not, they were far too vague generalistic with their statement.

I'm aware, and I would not be surprised if they were just vague with the statement. "Easily found in the wild" could just mean you get the dex entry(Which the QR codes do), and then you look up where they are(If they are anywhere). It is easier compared to looking around not knowing where they might be. Plus, if the Starters are available in the wild(Which is plenty possible), I would imagine it more likely being just in a Friend Safari type place, and as such, post game.

BlitzGirl41

That doesn't sound very reassuring to me, because it sounds like a cash grab. I would think that the only way you can get the figures is by spending real money on them, so therefore you are paying for convenience in a Pokemon game. That has never been done before, and I'm devastated to think this may be the new trend. People already gripe about other games where you can buy game currency or items that affect the game itself (ex: even if you can earn REQ points in Halo 5 by playing, it is much easier to buy them, and they give you access to special weapons and vehicles and armor to use). Just puts a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it.

gliscor&yanmega

That doesn't sound very reassuring to me, because it sounds like a cash grab. I would think that the only way you can get the figures is by spending real money on them, so therefore you are paying for convenience in a Pokemon game. That has never been done before, and I'm devastated to think this may be the new trend. People already gripe about other games where you can buy game currency or items that affect the game itself (ex: even if you can earn REQ points in Halo 5 by playing, it is much easier to buy them, and they give you access to special weapons and vehicles and armor to use). Just puts a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it.

Companies want money so it's to be expected. But to be fair, this doesn't sound like it'll be a big deal. I'd imagine people who want the figurines would want it more for the figurine part and not the code. QR Codes can be shared, so I'm sure people will post it online. It's not like the codes will be needed to get a Pokemon(Barring Magerna but that's another matter), you'll still have the chance to catch them in the wild, plus people will probably breed Pokemon still and so there's trading. At best, I could see the QR Codes offering up the chance for wild Pokemon to be at higher levels/HA/Egg moves or even special moves, but even then I wouldn't expect it and doubt it'll really make much impact since again, breeding will solve all problems.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The official site describes it as "seeing information" about Pokemon via QR Codes, as well as registering Pokemon in the Pokedex to find their habitat, which I would infer to mean giving the Pokemon a "Seen" entry in the Dex. That's a reasonable connotation of "easily finding the Pokemon in the wild," which is the purpose of the Area/Habitat function of past Pokedexes.

Either way, the QR Codes will all inevitably find their way onto the Internet (or will be eventually be cracked and then generated at will), so it's not like anyone is going to be missing out on anything.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What Inconspicuosaurus said.

I can see these being how you obtain Hidden Ability variants.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems our interpretation was a misreading, giving Excitable Boy's wording.

Edit 2: On the other hand, this further suggests Charizard will be available, alongside possibly Magmortar and Snorlax, which have not been revealed in Trailers.

Edit 3: R_N is right, Snorlax has been shown in Japanese Wimpod trailer.

Last edited:

R_N

What Inconspicuosaurus said.

I can see these being how you obtain Hidden Ability variants.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems our interpretation was a misreading, giving Excitable Boy's wording.

Edit 2: On the other hand, this further suggests Charizard will be available, alongside possibly Magmortar and Snorlax, which have not been revealed in Trailers.

We saw a Snorlax once or twice in trailers.

And Charizard is a prominent pokeride pokemon.

Magmortar's new, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.