• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
The longer and longer we don't see any Mega Evolutions I get the feeling that they are simply omitted from Sun & Moon, which would be freaking awesome! I think it's pretty confirmed that this time's main feature will be the Z Crystals and Z Moves which add a much more tactical depth to battling than Megas did. But it's still 2 months until the game so let's wait and see. Still hoping for no Megas, because we can play Gen 6 for those. The introduction of the uber beasts sounds so interesting, as well. Will we battling creatures apart from Pokemon serving as bosses? That gives Pokemon finally another rpg element to its already grinding based structure. Sun&Moon could really turn out to be the best Pokemon ever did.
Snapping photos is a feature I also welcome warmly and it's something I'll probably do for a long long time. I hope that they'll always refresh the Pokemon one can snap, because I imagine that once you've taken all possible photos it could become quite dull.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The longer and longer we don't see any Mega Evolutions I get the feeling that they are simply omitted from Sun & Moon, which would be freaking awesome!

Why would removing a huge gameplay feature be awesome?

And they're not omitted. If anything, they're just not adding new ones and Megas will be postgame-only.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
The longer and longer we don't see any Mega Evolutions I get the feeling that they are simply omitted from Sun & Moon, which would be freaking awesome! I think it's pretty confirmed that this time's main feature will be the Z Crystals and Z Moves which add a much more tactical depth to battling than Megas did.

How exactly do Z-Moves have more tactical depth than Megas?
Whole teams are built around Megas, they improved already viable Pokemon and made less viable 'mons useful. Compare all of that against a single powerful attack..?

knightwolf09

The longer and longer we don't see any Mega Evolutions I get the feeling that they are simply omitted from Sun & Moon, which would be freaking awesome! I think it's pretty confirmed that this time's main feature will be the Z Crystals and Z Moves which add a much more tactical depth to battling than Megas did. But it's still 2 months until the game so let's wait and see. Still hoping for no Megas, because we can play Gen 6 for those. The introduction of the uber beasts sounds so interesting, as well. Will we battling creatures apart from Pokemon serving as bosses? That gives Pokemon finally another rpg element to its already grinding based structure. Sun&Moon could really turn out to be the best Pokemon ever did.
Snapping photos is a feature I also welcome warmly and it's something I'll probably do for a long long time. I hope that they'll always refresh the Pokemon one can snap, because I imagine that once you've taken all possible photos it could become quite dull.

Again. Joe Merrick already confirmed they're coming back. You can wish for it gone all you want and complain but they'll never remove this feature.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Again. Joe Merrick already confirmed they're coming back. You can wish for it gone all you want and complain but they'll never remove this feature.

Did not know he worked for the Pokemon company.
Well even if it will be back, I still wont like it. Get over it :)

Also if you've seen the recent VGC you saw how much (bad) influence Megas have on the whole format. With some Pokemon getting equally strong Z-moves, being used only once a battle and not working the whole battle (like Megas) the pool of viable Pokemon could be a lot larger.

misunderstoodhero

Also if you've seen the recent VGC you saw how much (bad) influence Megas have on the whole format. With some Pokemon getting equally strong Z-moves, being used only once a battle and not working the whole battle (like Megas) the pool of viable Pokemon could be a lot larger.

Explain how that'll make certain Pokemon more viable if all of them have access to Z-Moves.

All I can see is the same Pokemon and cookie cutter teams being used, because they're still the strongest. They just have access to a once-per-battle, ultra powerful move now.

greninjamaster

You're probably the only person that thinks Z-moves are better then having Mega Pokemon. Z-moves are trash for the most part and way too OP.

Give me new megas any day.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer

Asking people to "get over it" when its you who's instigating this discussion by mentioning it in the first place.

Pretty sure anyone thinking along those lines will continue to do so regardless, because, as many of us have been saying all along, that would never happen. Not sure what sort of confirmation Joe had, but if that shuts them up, then I'd just use that.

Anyway, I think it's a safe bet that Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion are all related, with Lusamine being the mother who brings up two children, teaching them not to battle and to care for Pokémon, which Lillie, from what we read, seems to follow. Gladion, on the other hand, may have changed after some event - neglection? A natural disaster? His father dying? - which would make sense linking back to Lusamine, as Aether seems to have the resources to make Type: Null, which he could have made either in secret or have stolen. He also seems to be our main rival, or at least, that's the vibe I'm getting.

As for Ultra Beasts, I'm not exactly sure what we're dealing with, but UB-01 seems to be entering this world through a wormhole? Not quite sure why everyone's jumped to the conclusion that it's Lillie, seeing as there are plenty of others it could be, such as the Lumiose Ghost Girl or Zinnia. Finally, just wanted to talk about the alchemical and scientific importance of 'aether' as a concept, historically speaking; in alchemy, natural philosophy and early modern physics it was referred to as a "fifth element" (alongside the traditional water, earth, wind and fire); in mythology is referred to as the "upper sky" (or, as I like to think, higher planes of thinking - what with the Foundation being so advanced, seemingly); and is also a classical element that is supposed to fill the region of the universe around the terrestrial sphere.

Wadeledge

Till all are One

Wolfey won the Masters finals without Mega-Evolving his Rayquaza in the last match. They don't ruin anything.

Also, seems worth mentioning that some Japanese footage showed off the player character riding a Tauros on Route 8, as well as a multitude of new clothes being shown off too.

knightwolf09

also, seems worth mentioning that some japanese footage showed off the player character riding a tauros on route 8, as well as a multitude of new clothes being shown off too.

who care's about that?! I finally get my hairstyle! Yes!!!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The thing that surprises me the most about Ultra Beasts (aside from the rather odd name) is that it is looking like they are not pokemon. That is the info on UB 01 is separate from the new pokemon info, and they are never referred to as pokemon in the info we have. I never thought pokemon games would include canon monsters that are not actually pokemon, and I wonder just how they will be distinguished.

Perhaps they will have no typing, taking normal damage from everything but having no weaknesses?

shadowF

Why does everyone think Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion are related?

Besides the identical hair and eye colour combinations and, as I've stated before, an easy to work in backstory? Also, why would some random stranger let 10 year olds aboard a private floating island to help Pokémon which also carries out research on Ultra Beasts that seem to come from a wormhole?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

They all have the exact same eye color, hair color, and skin color, wear almost exclusively black and white, have lean figures, straight hair, etc. The designs are all far too similar for them not to be connected, and likely relatives.

B. Thunder Tiger

Wow, got to say, this was one weird, yet pretty cool update. Ultra Beasts? More like aliens from another galaxy. Also the Aether Foundation...not only do they look to be the villains (most likely they are), but the term Aether, otherwise the fifth element in the classical elements, makes it more than clear there's a alchemy theme going on here. Also, I'm pretty amazed on the part where Sun and Moon work differently with time. Type: Null, was also a pretty amazing design for what seems to be a composite, chimera-like Pokémon.

I think its easy to say that Sun and Moon are pretty much breaking a lot of common expectations, and that there's a acutally plot going on. Can't wait to find out more.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Aristotle just reminds me his studies about Earth and his five elements; Earth, Fire, Air, Water and the proposed Aether.

For reference, Aether: The divine substance that makes up the heavenly spheres and heavenly bodies (stars and planets). It suits Sun, Moon, possibly Mars theme in S/M. Earth, Fire, Air and Water were previously mentioned for Rockruff, Litten, Rowlet and Popplio respectively.

Aristotle, Aether, space and Ultra Beast (UB-01) coming from a different dimension. Chinese riddle confirmed for Ultra Beasts?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Aristotle, Aether, space and Ultra Beast (UB-01) coming from a different dimension. Chinese riddle confirmed for Ultra Beasts?

Aether also happens to be the name of a real life environmental consultant group, just throwing that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.