• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aristotle, Aether, space and Ultra Beast (UB-01) coming from a different dimension. Chinese riddle confirmed for Ultra Beasts?

It certainly seems to be the case.

And, unlike some of the others beforehand, I have to admit that they did a pretty good job with that one!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Aether also happens to be the name of a real life environmental consultant group, just throwing that out there.

All Chinese riddles are indicating a new Pokémon, however. Aristotle's connection to Aether must be Ultra Beasts, as they are Pokémon, sort of.

All Chinese riddles are indicating a new Pokémon, however. Aristotle's connection to Aether must be Ultra Beasts, as they are Pokémon, sort of.

Well, I mean, technically speaking these Ultra Beasts do not seem to be Pokémon, but I'm not exactly going to hold that against the leaker.

WolfCypher

Wow, got to say, this was one weird, yet pretty cool update. Ultra Beasts? More like aliens from another galaxy. Also the Aether Foundation...not only do they look to be the villains (most likely they are), but the term Aether, otherwise the fifth element in the classical elements, makes it more than clear there's a alchemy theme going on here. Also, I'm pretty amazed on the part where Sun and Moon work differently with time. Type: Null, was also a pretty amazing design for what seems to be a composite, chimera-like Pokémon.

I think its easy to say that Sun and Moon are pretty much breaking a lot of common expectations, and that there's a acutally plot going on. Can't wait to find out more.

All these breaking of traditions set by the past generations is exactly why I'm excited for SM. Usually it just takes the new Pokémon themeselves to get me excited, but for Gen 7, its how different the core game is trying to be. Its refereshing.

Like, Team Skull may not be the big threat this time around. The generic "Team" whatever has always been the central villains, but Aether Corp has thrown a wrench into that. The idea of Chimera-Pokémon and extradimensional entities, lack of gyms, maybe even a focus on story?

The only "new concept" I can do without is the whole "different versions run on different time zones". That needs to be optional.

BlitzGirl41

Eep, I am not looking forward to the time off-set of these games. I really dislike playing any game in the nighttime (as in, it's night in the game) so that means that if I stick with Moon, it's going to be night every time I play (I do not play during real-world night because I'm busy or sleeping). So this is a bummer. :( What are your thoughts...?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Eep, I am not looking forward to the time off-set of these games. I really dislike playing any game in the nighttime (as in, it's night in the game) so that means that if I stick with Moon, it's going to be night every time I play (I do not play during real-world night because I'm busy or sleeping). So this is a bummer. :( What are your thoughts...?

I don't think it'll be too big of a deal...

Get Pokemon Sun? Time runs as normal.
Get Pokemon Moon? Shift your 3DS time 12 hours ahead, and time will run as normal in the game.

:D

Daisukereds

Chinese riddles? Is that a thing and someone has a link to it?
If Lillie really is UB-01, and Gladion is Lusamine's brother, I'm quite sure Aether is the bad team, and Null is their Creation. Lillie is probably against that and the threat it represents (messing with Pokémon even more than Mewtwo, Porygon and Genesect).. But, if all 3 of them are related, then it would be weird for an Ultra Beast to have a Pokémon Team (Gladion, in this case). I SURE hope you can catch them.. because otherwise, you are giving us something we can't have, and I can't have that :)

XXD17

Draco rex

I actually thought the Aristotle bust might be the clue for Type: Null...they both have a Greek thing going on...However, a gladiator would have made a much better clue...and gladiators are Roman...you know what? Don't listen to anything I just said...early mornings...

BlitzGirl41

I don't think it'll be too big of a deal...

Get Pokemon Sun? Time runs as normal.
Get Pokemon Moon? Shift your 3DS time 12 hours ahead, and time will run as normal in the game.

:D

True... I will just have to make sure that if I switch back to other Pokemon games that I change the time yet again.

.Aerodactyl.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous too, but I realize it probably won't effect me too much, 1. Because I'm getting Sun, and 2. Because I'm usually working during the day and sleeping at night, so I'm pretty much always playing in the evening, which will probably be the same regardless.

I think its gonna be hard to know until we get the games to understand its effect.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
It's interesting that they decided to make the times different in the different versions. I'd say it's going to make playing a bit confusing.

MysteryInc

Theory for Ultra Beast

UB-01 and Lillie are very similar in resemblance. It is already theorised that Lillie is UB-01, and this theory is supported by the fact that the official Sun/Moon site states that UB-01 can change shape, implying the possibility of it changing into human form, it also states that “its movements resemble those of a young girl”. The word “mysterious” is also used to describe both Lille and UB-01.

Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion all look similar in appearance. They share similar features, particularly blonde hair and green eyes. It is plausible that they are related.

Assuming that Lillie is an ultra-beast, and all three are related, it is plausible that they are also ultra-beasts. It has been confirmed that multiple ultra-beasts exists, since the English trailer says “Ultra-beasts” rather than using the singular form.

The description of UB-01 says “it’s constantly changing shape”. This would imply that it is difficult for the ultra-beasts to retain a single form, such as that of a human. In the footage of Gladion his hand is constantly twitching, which could possibly be due to his difficulty retaining his human form.

The three also have similar opinions regarding Pokémon battling. In the description of Lillie on the official Sun/Moon site says “She’s not fond of making Pokémon fight in battle”, suggesting she does not like to see Pokémon harmed. Lusamine shares this interest in protecting Pokémon as she is the president of the Aether foundation, which is designed to protect Pokémon. Lusamine also states “I will be like a mother to all of these poor Pokémon” again illustrating her caring for Pokémon wellbeing.

While Gladion seems to be less inclined to protect Pokémon as he is a member of team skull he still hints toward caring for Pokémon by saying “You’ll just get your Pokémon hurt for no reason”. Gladion also uses Type: Null, which is a synthetic Pokémon. The use of a synthetic Pokémon could be in part due to his not wanting to hurt a real Pokémon when he battles.

The origin of the ultra-beasts is unclear, but it is possible they may have extra-terrestrial or extra dimensional origin. The wormhole that UB-01 emerges through suggests this. Lusamine also says “Even Pokémon from distant worlds, far from the Alola region are worthy of my love”, which could merely be referring to other regions, but the choice of words is suspicious.

The proposed theory is that, given this evidence, it is plausible that Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion are all ultra-beasts, and that the ultra-beasts, being new to our world, and disliking the harm caused by Pokémon battling, have some desire to protect Pokémon.

~ Signed Mystery Incorporated

Something worth discussing: we now know where Alola roughly fits in on the time line.

For one, we can presume it exists in the Mega Evolution Timeline due to Sina and Dexio.

2) We were given a time line by a GameFreak member a while ago that seems to say that the old and new timelines are mostly parallel with events as they're able to be mapped onto one combined time line, or it was just the Mega Timeline with games referring to the events within them.

3) Sina and Dexio refer to 'five friends', referencing X and Y, Thus, the game has past.

So it's shaping up like this:

Kanto/Hoenn -3yrs-> Johto & Kanto 2/Sinnoh -???-> Unova - 2yrs-> Unova 2/Kalos -???-> Alola.

aerial_ace

I don't know what it is but this region/gen just looks so amazing and unique i'm sure it will be one of the best games we had. which is strange because usually i base pokemon games on the quality of their national pokemon rather than anything else but design of pokemon this gen is not amazing, solid but nothing to write books about. but just the region and the whole mystery about it is getting me so hyped to play these games. Hoenn is hands down my favourite region by a mile but Alola looks like it ould top gen 3 for me.

DSDark

Breeder
I definitely like the 12 shift. I'm getting Moon and I generally play at night because of work. So I'll actually be able to enjoy the sun light of the alolan region at night.

.Aerodactyl.

I don't know what it is but this region/gen just looks so amazing and unique i'm sure it will be one of the best games we had. which is strange because usually i base pokemon games on the quality of their national pokemon rather than anything else but design of pokemon this gen is not amazing, solid but nothing to write books about. but just the region and the whole mystery about it is getting me so hyped to play these games. Hoenn is hands down my favourite region by a mile but Alola looks like it ould top gen 3 for me.

I totally agree! With the speculation about the Aether Foundation and Ultra beasts, this is one aspect that's getting kind of ignored. This game is simply beautiful, the Japanese trailer showed this so well... With the designs, thr sprites, the colors...etc. with this new and engaging plot and everything, it's really all coming together to make a fabulous game.

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
What is this Type: Null anyway? It doesn't even look like an actual Pokémon. Jangmo-o is cute, and I hope it turns out to be a good one to use. Alolan Raticate looks weird, as I said before. I don't really like that Moon takes place at night since I planned to get that version... Also, do you think that Lillie is from the Aether Foundation given how she dresses?

I'm surprised to see Dexio and Sena. Are they on vacation? Either way, Zygarde really needed closure. And Poké Finder also reminds me of Pokémon Snap.

Daisukereds

I totally agree! With the speculation about the Aether Foundation and Ultra beasts, this is one aspect that's getting kind of ignored. This game is simply beautiful, the Japanese trailer showed this so well... With the designs, thr sprites, the colors...etc. with this new and engaging plot and everything, it's really all coming together to make a fabulous game.

The Japanese trailer showed a LOT more of the world.. like the Pokémon boats, part of the city and even the sky changing. Quite beautiful. Has an immersive look to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.