• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aerodactyl.

What is this Type: Null anyway? It doesn't even look like an actual Pokémon. Jangmo-o is cute, and I hope it turns out to be a good one to use. Alolan Raticate looks weird, as I said before. I don't really like that Moon takes place at night since I planned to get that version... Also, do you think that Lillie is from the Aether Foundation given how she dresses?

I'm surprised to see Dexio and Sena. Are they on vacation? Either way, Zygarde really needed closure. And Poké Finder also reminds me of Pokémon Snap.

I think they are in "disguise" personally, since they were a fan of dressing up in X/Y. Something about seeing them in this game though shook me up...I think it's because it's the first returning characters we've seen, and it really showcases the changes in the sprite system. They don't look so cute and chibi anymore!

It's also crazy because it seems so much is going on in this game that is unrelated to eachother...the quest to the Pokémon league has always been pretty separate from the evil villain plot, so I don't mean that the island trial seems very seperate from the aether foundation, but just that team Skull seems really seperate from the aether foundation, and from the zygarde cores, and the legends...like none of these things seem to link.

Like the Tapu's aren't really linking with the legends or evil plot, the aether foundation has experiments that go beyond saving Pokémon from Team Skull, Guzma has a revenge plot that seems seperate from the quest for money that many grunts of team Skull seem obsessed with, and these ultra beasts just came out of NOWHERE.

I don't feel like everything can/will link up in this game, making for an immersive and engaging plot with plenty of sidequests and what not going on. The characters also all feel really well developed and not as flat as in X/Y. Everything is more dynamic.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I definitely like the 12 shift. I'm getting Moon and I generally play at night because of work. So I'll actually be able to enjoy the sun light of the alolan region at night.

I... don't think that's how it's gonna work. i think certain parts of the stories are just going to be scripted a certain way, a certain time of the day. I don't think the games are going to actually have reversed day/night cycles

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I... don't think that's how it's gonna work. i think certain parts of the stories are just going to be scripted a certain way, a certain time of the day. I don't think the games are going to actually have reversed day/night cycles

Thats pretty much what the trailer said though. It said specifically 12 hours cycles.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So this 12 hour shift adds credibility to that one leak... I think it's the one with the Alolan Fighting Alakazam and Water Arcanine?

That leak is really interesting and I'm still on the fence about believing it or not.

BlitzGirl41

Yeah, it's a weird change! I wonder how many people getting moon are going to change their clocks for it to be daytime lol.

I'll definitely be one of them. Sadly need Moon since all my friends are getting Sun, that way we can trade with each other.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
With Magearna and Type Null, it seems that there is a strong theme in Sun & Moon about Synthetic Pokemon. Perhaps the Ultra Beasts will tie into this too

Grey Wind

I don't really see the point of the 12 hour shift. It's a cool touch, I guess, but it's something that would probably bug me if I bought Moon tbh.

The photo thing is really cool though, I always wanted something like that. The shot of Dragonite flying around in particular is awesome.

Gizmoa

I don't really see the point of the 12 hour shift. It's a cool touch, I guess, but it's something that would probably bug me if I bought Moon tbh.

The photo thing is really cool though, I always wanted something like that. The shot of Dragonite flying around in particular is awesome.

For those of us that have weird schedules, having the 12 hour shift means we don't have to change the 3ds' time to have daylight :)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I think they are in "disguise" personally, since they were a fan of dressing up in X/Y. Something about seeing them in this game though shook me up...I think it's because it's the first returning characters we've seen, and it really showcases the changes in the sprite system. They don't look so cute and chibi anymore!

It's also crazy because it seems so much is going on in this game that is unrelated to eachother...the quest to the Pokémon league has always been pretty separate from the evil villain plot, so I don't mean that the island trial seems very seperate from the aether foundation, but just that team Skull seems really seperate from the aether foundation, and from the zygarde cores, and the legends...like none of these things seem to link.

Like the Tapu's aren't really linking with the legends or evil plot, the aether foundation has experiments that go beyond saving Pokémon from Team Skull, Guzma has a revenge plot that seems seperate from the quest for money that many grunts of team Skull seem obsessed with, and these ultra beasts just came out of NOWHERE.

I don't feel like everything can/will link up in this game, making for an immersive and engaging plot with plenty of sidequests and what not going on. The characters also all feel really well developed and not as flat as in X/Y. Everything is more dynamic.
Dexio and Sena are presumably also at least a bit older, but they do emphasise the new sprites. I didn't recognise them at all until someone pointed it out in another thread. And to me those outfits definitely scream tourist XD But as scientists, I imagine they haven't entirely left their work at home ;)

With regards the rest... I was feeling the same way too. But I think this is all going to tie together in ways we can't see right now. Well, not all of it. I fully expect some of it to be unrelated side quests, like legends used to be back in the old days, but the Tapus are clearly related to the island challenge, and Type: Null is clearly involved with Team Skull, whereas the UB's are shown appearing in the Aether Foundation's island.

My theory is that Aeather is more sinister than they appear. Them saving Pokemon from Team Skull and then whisking them away to the ultra high-tech paradise all seems a bit too good to be true. I am expecting some kind of Cipher-Snagem relationship, where Aether has the good public face and big fancy facilities (a la Cipher with Es Cade and the Realgam Tower), where as Skull is their thuggish frontline who attempt to steal Pokemon so that Aether can "rescue" them and take them away for their experiments, echoing Snagem's supply chain of stolen Pokemon for Shadow experiments. Perhaps Aether even created Type: Null and loaned it to Gladion the same way Cipher paid Snagem in Shadow Pokemon.

EDIT: Looking more at Type: Null and reading its blurb... I'm wondering what legendaries it was designed to fight. Its crest reminds me a little of Tapu Koko, and the mask kind of echoes his big face shell. I wonder if Guzma commissioned him as the ultimate answer to all the different types of the Island Guardians so that he could defeat them once and for all.

Also, 1000th post :eek: Only took me 8 years XD

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Haven't done this in a while. Been overwhelmed with all the new things we have gotten as well as been busy with other things.

Quick thoughts about what was shown in today's trailer:
- The new Pokemon are really weird... And I still love it. Their names feel rather different too (Type: Null and Jangmo-o, UB-01?), doesn't feel like usual names for Pokemon but I don't mind, new ideas are always welcome.
- Alola Raticate. Expected since Rattata had one. Really hoping there will be non-Kanto Pokemon with Alola forms too.
- The fact that the games are set 12 hours apart is very interesting. It does make sense given the game names and the theme, though. This might affect which game I start with since Sun would feel the most "normal", but we'll see and I will get both eventually anyway. I wonder if the Pokemon you meet at the Totem is only different depending on your version or if it has got something to do with the time as well? We'll see...
- Aether Foundation (Metroid and Fire Emblem feelings from the name, yay!). If Team Skull is an evil team, does this mean we'll get a "Good team" to oppose them this time? Could be great. I like the character designs too.
- Gladion seems like a rather confident guy... I hope he's not another Blue/Silver, that would be terrible.
- Dexio/Sina? Not bad, even if Kalos doesn't return, it seems like it is at least not completely forgotten. Have they grown a bit, or is it just the new graphical style that makes them look older? And Zygarde stuff too, looking forward to it.
- The photograpy seems to have been improved from past generations, which is great.
- Ultra Beasts... not sure what that means but I guess we'll find out.

And that's it for now. Going to watch the live-action trailers later on (likely tomorrow), don't have time for it right now.

DSDark

Breeder
So this 12 hour shift adds credibility to that one leak... I think it's the one with the Alolan Fighting Alakazam and Water Arcanine?

That leak is really interesting and I'm still on the fence about believing it or not.

Regular versions of Arcanine and Alakazam have been shown in trailers and Arcanine is shown on the japanese pokemon website. It's widely thought that if a pokemon is shown in it's original form in a trailer it won't get an alolan form. Those leaks are basically discredited

R_N

Regular versions of Arcanine and Alakazam have been shown in trailers and Arcanine is shown on the japanese pokemon website. It's widely thought that if a pokemon is shown in it's original form in a trailer it won't get an alolan form. Those leaks are basically discredited

Hopefully Rockruff's evolution method will be the final nail. Fingers crossed for an earlier leak this month

Ohitsdylan

Got a strong feeling that Lusamine is gonna end up being the main villain.

Also on a completely unrelated note, she looks a lot like Marina Joyce.

Ohitsdylan

I thought the same thing. She definitely gives me the whole "good guy who's secretly evil" vibe.

Lol, here's my prediction.
The Aether foundation is a foundation that helps people/pokemon in some way, but she just uses it as a front while she leads team Skull to whatever there goal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.