• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Sun operates on your 3DS time, so normal time. Moon moves that ahead 12 hours, thus giving you night.

What's funny about this is that I'm getting Sun and my wife is getting Moon, our only real time to play will be after we put our toddler to bed around 8-ish, so I'll be the one playing during the night with Sun while she'll be playing during the day with Moon.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
i seen its 12 hrs ahead/behind your 3ds clock
If it was 12 hours ahead or behind, the two games would always be at the same time... Say your 3DS shows 3pm. 12 hours before 3pm is 3am. 12 hours ahead of 3pm is 3am.

The only way it works (and how they specifically said it works) is if one version - we're told Sun - sticks to the 3DS clock, and one version is 12 hours off - Moon. When it's exactly 12 hours, ahead or behind makes no difference.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
If it was 12 hours ahead or behind, the two games would always be at the same time... Say your 3DS shows 3pm. 12 hours before 3pm is 3am. 12 hours ahead of 3pm is 3am.

The only way it works (and how they specifically said it works) is if one version - we're told Sun - sticks to the 3DS clock, and one version is 12 hours off - Moon. When it's exactly 12 hours, ahead or behind makes no difference.

So presumably the day will tick over at noon in Moon right?

AmethystLeslie

Or maybe, Moon's noon is when the next day comes.

Now, THAT'S crazy.

Relax

Didn't the trailer also confirm Misdreavus in moon and Driftloon in sun? Maybe these Pokémon are also version exclusive? It was shown in the Japanese trailer

BlitzGirl41

Noon in real time will be midnight in Moon (haha that rhymed)! So right as you go to bed (if you have a normal sleep schedule, of course), dawn will be starting in the game. I may not like the idea of playing in perpetual in-game night, but I will try sticking to the game as-is at first, then maybe change my 3DS clock later or during a second playthrough.

And yes, it sounds like Totem Gumshoos is Sun and Totem A-Raticate is Moon regardless of what time of day it is. I think that version-exclusive Totem Pokemon is a good idea, mixes it up a bit. Then the question will be whether A-Ratatta/Raticate is exclusive to Moon in the first place, or only exclusive as that Totem Pokemon.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Didn't the trailer also confirm Misdreavus in moon and Driftloon in sun? Maybe these Pokémon are also version exclusive? It was shown in the Japanese trailer
My understanding was that it was implying Misdreavus in the night and Drifloon in the day. Of course, if you're playing Moon, it'll be the other way around as far as real-life time is concerned, so they actually appear at the same time.

R_N

My understanding was that it was implying Misdreavus in the night and Drifloon in the day. Of course, if you're playing Moon, it'll be the other way around as far as real-life time is concerned, so they actually appear at the same time.

the same reel of differences also showed the totem battle at verdant cave, and those are differently version exclusive.
To me the implication was VE ghosts

Blitz Lucario

I have a valid question for people regarding Pokemon: Sun & Moon Version. Lately I've been playing through X Version again and felt like all the Generation 6 games are to easy, to the point there was never any major challenging or tough battles throughout the games.

Do you think Sun and Moon should be more challenging?

R_N

I have a valid question for people regarding Pokemon: Sun & Moon Version. Lately I've been playing through X Version again and felt like all the Generation 6 games are to easy, to the point there was never any major challenging or tough battles throughout the games.

It sure couldn't hurt to at least give bosses more pokemon, but I bet they won't judging by how Guzma is still using 2 pokemon (one of which is an ariados)by the time you fight him on at least the third island.

Totem Bosses might be harder than some gyms but that's entirely reliant on the boosts they get, the combos they have, what pokemon are available, etc

e: I'll also say XY without experience share is a pretty solid experience even with the team differences

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

It should be more challenging, but unless GF is finally re-adding difficulty settings then I doubt it will be.

Blitz Lucario

I guess what I'm hoping for gym leaders, kahunas, trial captains, villains, and elite four to have more Pokemon on there teams. With all the significant leaders having only 2-4 throughout X/Y Version I just wish they had more on there teams and more variety in typing.

clbgolden12

I guess what I'm hoping for gym leaders, kahunas, trial captains, villains, and elite four to have more Pokemon on there teams. With all the significant leaders having only 2-4 throughout X/Y Version I just wish they had more on there teams and more variety in typing.
I agree, battles like with Lysandre and other members of the evil team felt so lackluster because of their weak teams.

(Also, Gyms are looking to be gone these games.)

R_N

Well unless Hala is secretly fighting-based & Mele Mele itself full of fighting types, it seems like Kahunas at least will have a variety of Pokemon rather than being type themed. Hala also has a team of 3, but that doesn't mean too much. The other Kahunas could also still just have 3.

Primeria only had 2 pokemon with the one fight we saw with her, Guzma only had 2 pokemon (though we know we fight him later), Galdion had 2. Guzma's final fight will probably have 4 like Lysandre, DP Cyrus (Pt Cyrus had a third fight with 5 pokemon) & Archie/Maxie (who, in fairness, did pick up an extra Pokemon in ORAS vs their RSE teams) i guess but who really knows. Not looking great on the villain front, but then again Giovanni was the only one to ever have 5 and that was because he was a gym leader.
when if aether turns evil for late game maybe they can have 3-5 pokemon?

there are no gym leaders. if the putting together the e4 is true than the Kahunas will probably get a post-game team and those usually have 6 pokemon. we don't even know if we can fight the trial captains.

Thepowaofhax

I agree, battles like with Lysandre and other members of the evil team felt so lackluster because of their weak teams.

(Also, Gyms are looking to be gone these games.)
Especially since 90% of them don't even have a full moveset, which is ridiculous.

clbgolden12

Well unless Hala is secretly fighting-based & Mele Mele itself full of fighting types, it seems like Kahunas at least will have a variety of Pokemon rather than being type themed. Hala also has a team of 3, but that doesn't mean too much. The other Kahunas could also still just have 3.

Primeria only had 2 pokemon with the one fight we saw with her, Guzma only had 2 pokemon (though we know we fight him later), Galdion had 2. Guzma's final fight will probably have 4 like Lysandre, DP Cyrus (Pt Cyrus had a third fight with 5 pokemon) & Archie/Maxie (who, in fairness, did pick up an extra Pokemon in ORAS vs their RSE teams) i guess but who really knows. Not looking great on the villain front, but then again Giovanni was the only one to ever have 5 and that was because he was a gym leader.
when if aether turns evil for late game maybe they can have 3-5 pokemon?

there are no gym leaders. if the putting together the e4 is true than the Kahunas will probably get a post-game team and those usually have 6 pokemon. we don't even know if we can fight the trial captains.
Which trailer was it shown where Gladion only has two Pokémon?

goodpeople25

The most recent Japanese one I believe.

Edit greninjaed.
Imo that wouldn't really be a secret if he was, what with his wrestling poses and what not. (and a kahuna might use pokemon from other islands) Sure tapukoko and Mele Mele's yellow theme confuses things, but that dosen't remove the fighting type possibility that was there.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It should be more challenging, but unless GF is finally re-adding difficulty settings then I doubt it will be.

Yeah, I say bring Challenge Mode back. I loved what it did for B2/W2, and I'd love it if difficulty settings being available from the beginning (it and Easy Mode never should have been unlockables) became a standard feature.

Blitz Lucario

I think it would help if the AI was a bit smarter and actually factored in type advantages. I love each and every Pokemon game but I want Sun & Moon to be a game that I'll be playing for months on end after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.