• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Dang, that trailer was HUGE!

I need to rewatch it just a couple more times...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I saw a clothing store at 0:12. I saw on that "Battle Royale" frame two of the characters NOT wearing a hat! I saw literally like four different customized versions of both the boy and the girl!!!
OHMAGAWD!!! THE HYPE IS SO REAL!!! These games are going to be at least X and Y tier for me no doubt!!! :D

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
The latest trailer shows a playable male character with white hair. By the way the hairstyles for boys are so good so far that I may end up playing as a boy lol

yay! Has anyone seen weird eye colors? I'm hoping for lavender and red.

I tried to find a compilation of all the images we've seen in trailers of trainers, but no luck...

Tuoko

It's interesting that CG Solgaleo and Lunala entered a portal that looks similar to UB-01's...

idk, considering the amount of people that appear on my passerby thing in X who apparently have never stepped into a boutique, I'm sure there will be plenty of clones.

Are you sure the people are playing X/Y and not OR/AS?

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Capture+_2016-09-07-21-13-49-1.jpg
This is they guy with white hair. Could be blond tho...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I noticed in another Japanese trailer that a dark-skinned player was sporting cornrows.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder just how far the game is going to go with customization.

WolfCypher

I noticed in another Japanese trailer that a dark-skinned player was sporting cornrows.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder just how far the game is going to go with customization.

Video? Pics? Cause f it looks right, and is a custom option, I think I know what my PC will look like.

Sulfurian

Would be kind of cool if we could find the outfits of the various criminal organizations. Like "you found abandoned rocket gang outfit!" and the various outfits give you some kind of passive benefit, such as strong trainers constantly challenging you to battle only to find you're just "dressed up" as one and not actually part of it.

AmethystLeslie

I could've sworn that one player was actually taller than the others.

Also, to that person who was talking about the people with the generic XY avatars who've "never stepped into a boutique", they are most likely ORAS players, which XY has no portraits from.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Would be kind of cool if we could find the outfits of the various criminal organizations. Like "you found abandoned rocket gang outfit!" and the various outfits give you some kind of passive benefit, such as strong trainers constantly challenging you to battle only to find you're just "dressed up" as one and not actually part of it.

Unsure how well passive benefits might pan out.
But outfits from previous groups would be awesone. Along with maybe main player outfits from previous games :D

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I could've sworn that one player was actually taller than the others.

Also, to that person who was talking about the people with the generic XY avatars who've "never stepped into a boutique", they are most likely ORAS players, which XY has no portraits from.

Oh, is that so? I wasn't aware of that. I wonder why GF didn't release as part of one of the patches for XY generic portraits for the ORAS player characters. I'm not well-versed in coding or anything, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult to implement.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were XY players who just didn't care about customization. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a wildly popular feature, but I'm also sure there's gotta be some who consider it pointless fluff who don't want to take time away from playing to worry about outfits. Me, though, I'm all for them, and their absence in ORAS was one of the factors that led to me not getting one of those games. Just seemed like a step backwards... Really glad its returning, and that it seems we can finally take off our hats, which always struck me as a bit silly that we couldn't before.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Did you guys know this was posted yesterday?

https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJ...u53Vd8PvHAiXQ.2obDgxJQdkKtjLmPuGYXQJdspfU.png

Early yesterday, like before the trailer came on.

Huh, so it is Mama Lills. It would explain why Lillie and Gladion have names that relate to lillies, but she has a name derived from a different flowers; she wanted them to have similar names (twins anyone?). Also, I like how one of the few named mothers we have in the series in named after a flower that is know to forcefully explode its offspring (seeds) out.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

knightwolf09

Saw this yesterday. But there are two off things:

1. No link to the original comment.
2. Professor Oak himself isn't there, it's his cousin.

Also worth mentioning, the Aether president lady isn't described as a Professor.

It's still Oak though. Plus Lusamine is still researching the Ultra Beasts. So not a professor in name.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Saw this yesterday. But there are two off things:

1. No link to the original comment.
2. Professor Oak himself isn't there, it's his cousin.

Also worth mentioning, the Aether president lady isn't described as a Professor.

Yeah, but Aether is doing research, making her a Pokemon Researcher, so I say it fits. And as for Nariya "Party in the Back" Oak, the confusion is understandable, especially because Nariya contains one of the same characters as Yukinari, the OG Oak's given name.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Does anyone else think the parts of the trailer with sogaleo and lunala should be for the full intro for the game? Imagine how epic that would be with the music climax right at the end part where they jump into that vortex thing

Status
Not open for further replies.