• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

I'm going to pick Popplio anyway (I usually pick the water Pokemon first) and of the leaked starter evos I like Popplio3 the most. So even if there isn't a split evos/forms I'm still picking it I feel it's going to be the best anway, they usually are. Except for Empoleon.

Sakuraba

Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

We know Poke-Ride is not for every Pokemon. So we can rule that one out... Hopefully the Z-Move transformation ******** is also fake and Ash-Greninja falls into oblivion.

And we know we are not creating and entire league in Alola. So the leak kinda goes to a 50-50.

EDIT: Really? I can't say "********"? ********!!

Julia Artemis

We know Poke-Ride is not for every Pokemon. So we can rule that one out... Hopefully the Z-Move transformation ******** is also fake and Ash-Greninja falls into oblivion.

And we know we are not creating and entire league in Alola. So the leak kinda goes to a 50-50.

EDIT: Really? I can't say "********"? ********!!

I don't know I don't see why the Z move transformation would be the worst thing ever. We already have mega evolutions, so it's not really different from that and I'm certain not every Pokemon will be allowed to do this. Maybe the starters, Type: Null and Lycaroc perhaps. Honestly if we have megas (which I personally never have been a fan of) than Z transformations seem logical

goodpeople25

There is a shop in Alola where we can exchange something for Bottle Caps.

hypertraining1.jpg

So I don't think regular Caps are limited. The Gold ones, maybe.
Yeah my wording got away from me a bit there, but even if numbers are technically unlimited limits can still exist, like if using just bronzes or silver takes up too many resources (or those resouces slow down themselves) to be that efficient . I guess what I mean by limited is the silver and golds that can get you maxed quickly (I think silver will be rare enough with bieng bundled with event pokemon)

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

Sweet! Thanks a lot! It looks like there may be some things that may not be quite accurate, ie "all" pokemon being rideable, but there's also a ton of stuff that has really panned out, so I'm guessing a lot of the other stuff we've yet to see is either true or based in truth.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
This may have already been discussed, but does the new Eevee Z-move cinamatic reveal that we are not getting new Eeveelutions this gen?

Sakuraba

I don't know I don't see why the Z move transformation would be the worst thing ever. We already have mega evolutions, so it's not really different from that and I'm certain not every Pokemon will be allowed to do this. Maybe the starters, Type: Null and Lycaroc perhaps. Honestly if we have megas (which I personally never have been a fan of) than Z transformations seem logical

That's the exact problem. We already have Mega Evoution. Why have 2 mechanics that do essentially the same thing? If GF/Pokemon Co/Nintendo or whoever else owns this series, wants to give Greninja and those pokemons transformations, simply give them Megas.

That and Ash-Greninja can go die in a fiery spiky hole in the deepest part of Tartarus along everything associated with it.

knightwolf09

That's the exact problem. We already have Mega Evoution. Why have 2 mechanics that do essentially the same thing? If GF/Pokemon Co/Nintendo or whoever else owns this series, wants to give Greninja and those pokemons transformations, simply give them Megas.

That and Ash-Greninja can go die in a fiery spiky hole in the deepest part of Tartarus along everything associated with it.

No clue why you hate Ash-Greninja so much but one possibilty about the z forms would be that they also upgrade a certain move, like how Greninja's Water Shuriken becomes a fuma shuriken when he transforms making it more power.

Julia Artemis

Ultimately they are the makers of the games and it's their choice. Really though it's kind of admission that megas was a bad idea. Personally I like Z moves better and feel Z transformations will make Pokemon less broken than actual mega evos

Sakuraba

No clue why you hate Ash-Greninja so much but one possibilty about the z forms would be that they also upgrade a certain move, like how Greninja's Water Shuriken becomes a fuma shuriken when he transforms making it more power.

Mostly because it embodies everything that I hate; an easy, lazy and convenient excuse to follow formulas already established.

But, at that point, just give him an exclusive Z-Move. There's no plausible excuse to introduce an mechanic that just does what other two do but better.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Well, the official site confirmed that we will be able to color our own clothes, so that might've been what the trailer was showing with the shorts.

In fact, the ability to change the colors of clothes will allow for a much more diverse style, but without too much craziness. Basically, the dudes could get one of each known type of bottom, and we can just color it however we want. Something like this:

We don't need too much more than this, at least in my head. lol There are only so many textures of fabric, and if we don't like the color, we can just change it ourselves.

YES! An end to the awkward similar-but-not-quite-the-same color-clashing! Like that one female blue cap I just pretended went with the other blue stuff...

Truth time: The lack of trainer customization in ORAS was the main reason I wasn't nearly as interested in them as I was with these games and X and Y.

haha; me too-- I just couldn't go back. Actually, Hoen's the one region I've never played. I didn't have a chance to play the first games when my older brothers were (because expenses and me being too young for the responsiblity of taking care of a handheld console, I guess), so my first was firered (the gen I watched in the anime from when I was little-nostalgia) and from there it went diamond (didn't care for this gen), soulsilver (I remember the excitement of my brothers when gen II became a thing XD), white 2 (was reluctant to start this gen because of no-old-pokemon barring, which is too bad because I think N is cool), X (where I realized I might have a hard time replaying any lower-graphics pixelated sprite pokemon games where you were stuck with an ugly avatar again).

So exited for new options! I plan on white hair with purple eyes (I don't base avatars off my own appearance). I'll probably have an outfit or two that are my "main" outfits, and then change it up with other things once in a while, like I did in X. Right now as I'm doing breeding for Sun and Moon I'm changing my outfit each time I switch to breeding something new to match what I'm breeding. Super disappointed about the delay in Pokemon Bank update, btw, as I was planning on doing a run through or so with 'mons I'm breeding now and then, when I got supplies set up at the endgame, breeding alola mons and forms before more runthroughs, as if I'm going to take the time to raise and grow attached to my pokemon I'd rather them be ones I could also use competitively. Is the delay something caused by coding setbacks, fear of server overload if simulataneous release with the game, or just Nintendo/GF trying to make sure we use new pokemon?

knightwolf09

Mostly because it embodies everything that I hate; an easy, lazy and convenient excuse to follow formulas already established.

But, at that point, just give him an exclusive Z-Move. There's no plausible excuse to introduce an mechanic that just does what other two do but better.

You saw what else I put there? I agree with you on the z-move part, but they also get increased stats and upgraded moves in turn.

Sakuraba

um
does any one know what that^ is

It's probably some kind of bot. But I like to think its Chthulu calling for us.

You saw what else I put there? I agree with you on the z-move part, but they also get increased stats and upgraded moves in turn.

It goes back to what I said. No reason to conjoin two different mechanics into one. This Z-Move could just provide a regular stat boost like Eevee's, but also dealing damage if they really wanted to emulate that **** the anime is trying to sell.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

It's probably some kind of bot. But I like to think its Chthulu calling for us.

It goes back to what I said. No reason to conjoin two different mechanics into one. This Z-Move could just provide a regular stat boost like Eevee's, but also dealing damage if they really wanted to emulate that **** the anime is trying to sell.

Jeez, I can feel the heat of your burning hate for this form from here.

Metafogos

Im thinking here:

We can get some Z-move evolutions like a Mega Evolution... will be almost the same thing.

After see the Eevee exclusive Z-move, the "Ash" Greninja can get the same way: a Hight Priority exclusive Z-move who changes Greninja to Ash-Greninja, only need to equip the Ash-Greninja Z stone.

See... is exaclty the same thing...

Can be the solution to the Megas in Alola... Mega Stones is only another "Z-stone" specific to a pokemon and then used, the pokemon became his Mega Form. So, the Z-ring can do the same thing then the Mega-ring.

TyLogic

i wonder if those 2 monkeys can elvoved / have pre evos

I kind of hope Oranguru will. So far no Psychic-type pokemon looks like they really evolve into or from anything, which kinda scares me.

sheld999

I kind of hope Oranguru will. So far no Psychic-type pokemon looks like they really evolve into or from anything, which kinda scares me.

yeah Oranguru i hope he is a 3 stager or a 2 stager ( being Oranguru the final stage )

aerial_ace

I love all the features and most pokemon revealed so far, but one thing about this whole pre release marketing tactics annoys me a little. We yet to see anything apart from gen 1 in regards to alola forms and z exlusive moves. I understand that this is a gen older players will remember, nostalgia and what not but come on we have 2 months to go and it looks like gen7 will have as much or even more gen 1 thrown at us then xy did.its 20 years anniversary of pokemon i hope tjese games will celebrate the whole of franchise rather than just first gen

sheld999

I love all the features and most pokemon revealed so far, but one thing about this whole pre release marketing tactics annoys me a little. We yet to see anything apart from gen 1 in regards to alola forms and z exlusive moves. I understand that this is a gen older players will remember, nostalgia and what not but come on we have 2 months to go and it looks like gen7 will have as much or even more gen 1 thrown at us then xy did.its 20 years anniversary of pokemon i hope tjese games will celebrate the whole of franchise rather than just first gen

only one way to find out =)

Status
Not open for further replies.