• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
i wonder if those 2 monkeys can elvoved / have pre evos

I get more of a Sawk/Throh vibe from seeing Passimian and Oranguru. Their abilities seem pretty niche too. I would say they're most likely standalone species with no evos.

TyLogic

I love all the features and most pokemon revealed so far, but one thing about this whole pre release marketing tactics annoys me a little. We yet to see anything apart from gen 1 in regards to alola forms and z exlusive moves. I understand that this is a gen older players will remember, nostalgia and what not but come on we have 2 months to go and it looks like gen7 will have as much or even more gen 1 thrown at us then xy did.its 20 years anniversary of pokemon i hope tjese games will celebrate the whole of franchise rather than just first gen

I think they are just doing that to catch genwunners attention. Watch what happens after we play the game.
" A Wild (Alolan) Petilil Appeared!"
The entire internet will be in an uproar. Bet some will even complain about GF lying to them instead of taking it as a pleasant surprise. Like I said before-acting like unpleasable sonic fans.

sheld999

I get more of a Sawk/Throh vibe from seeing Passimian and Oranguru. Their abilities seem pretty niche too. I would say they're most likely standalone species with no evos.

you could be right on that one too

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I love all the features and most pokemon revealed so far, but one thing about this whole pre release marketing tactics annoys me a little. We yet to see anything apart from gen 1 in regards to alola forms and z exlusive moves. I understand that this is a gen older players will remember, nostalgia and what not but come on we have 2 months to go and it looks like gen7 will have as much or even more gen 1 thrown at us then xy did.its 20 years anniversary of pokemon i hope tjese games will celebrate the whole of franchise rather than just first gen
It's the 20th anniversary of Gen 1 specifically. Granted, that did spawn the whole franchise, but it won't be the 20th anniversary of Gen 2, for example, until 2019. When that comes around, then I would expect more love for those Pokes. Perhaps if they do a Sinnoh remake around that time, it will have Sinnoh forms of Johto Pokemon. Right now, with the anniversary and Pokemon Go boosting awareness, it is time to focus on Gen 1, but there is more than enough time to give each Gen its time to shine. If they carry on focusing on Gen 1 and ignoring the others once the anniversary has passed, however, I'll be right there with you.

The final forms were NEVER revealed for XY before release.
Well he did say in November. They'll be revealed in November no matter what ;)

shadowF

Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

Is that all the leak said? maybe the leaks were only for Pokemon Moon? I am still trying to find out where it says that the starters can have split evolutions. Also for the elite four to appear, does that mean we can choose our elite four? or the Kahunas will be the elite four postgame? or new characters all together?

knightwolf09

Is that all the leak said? maybe the leaks were only for Pokemon Moon? I am still trying to find out where it says that the starters can have split evolutions. Also for the elite four to appear, does that mean we can choose our elite four? or the Kahunas will be the elite four postgame? or new characters all together?

It sounds like he's implying that the Kahunas are the Elite 4, which makes sense. 4 Islands, 4 kahunas.

On a different note, does anybody think it's more than likely we'll get to see starter evolution on the 4th, seeing it will then be one month before release?

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex

The starters having split evos is from a completely different leak. Objectively, this leak (the one I translated) is the one that has been most accurate so far. As for the E4, although it is implied that the Kahunas will most likely become the E4, it's actually not specifically stated. It's only stated that they serve as a "replacement" for the E4 in the game and that when you build the league, an E4 will be formed. This sort of detachment is also present in regards the Ash-greninja. Although it is implied that it's the z-crystal that changes greninja's form, it on explicitly states that the form change relies on the "device/item", which could be referring to just the Z-ring. I already mentioned the slight ambiguity surrounding rockruff's evo.

Sakuraba

It sounds like he's implying that the Kahunas are the Elite 4, which makes sense. 4 Islands, 4 kahunas.

On a different note, does anybody think it's more than likely we'll get to see starter evolution on the 4th, seeing it will then be one month before release?

That's probably a wrong info, given we need to battle the Kahunas before leaving the Islands. They aren't a parallel to the Elite 4.

And that's is kinda up in the air right now. It's the most probable possibility at the moment, but it could end up happening in a Direct right before the game releases.

Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

That's awesome, thanks for the translation!

How many pokemon have been revealed for S&M?

44 officially revealed new Pokémon (including Magearna and excluding Cutiefly's evolution, as well as any alternative forms), along with 10 Alolan Forms. Not going to count Ultra Beasts seeing as we're still clueless (which by all means is a good thing).

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
That's probably a wrong info, given we need to battle the Kahunas before leaving the Islands. They aren't a parallel to the Elite 4.

And that's is kinda up in the air right now. It's the most probable possibility at the moment, but it could end up happening in a Direct right before the game releases.

You see, it's not so much wrongful information as it is miscomminicated information. The leak simply states that the Kahunas are "replacement" for the E4, which is pretty ambiguous. It doesn't say if they will be battled like to E4, but more so that they take their roles as being the most powerful trainers of the region. It can even mean that instead of having an E4 this gen, we have these guys instead, which serve as a replacement. The one thing the leak does say explicitly though is that there will ba an actual E4 after you form the league. Whether this E4 will be the Kahunas is not explicitly stated, but it is implied.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
(since there isn't a trainer customization thread, posting here)

After watching the trailer, I really like the trainer customization options. Love how there's a kind of grunge outfit option for the female trainer, so my wish of alternative fashion options has been granted. Also, the japanese trailer I think showed a trainer with maroon hair. Anyone think we might have other unnatural hair color choices? Would love to give my trainer green hair.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
(since there isn't a trainer customization thread, posting here)

After watching the trailer, I really like the trainer customization options. Love how there's a kind of grunge outfit option for the female trainer, so my wish of alternative fashion options has been granted. Also, the japanese trailer I think showed a trainer with maroon hair. Anyone think we might have other unnatural hair color choices? Would love to give my trainer green hair.

As far as unnatural hair colours I think it's just been the maroon you mentioned and the pure white (at least at the characters' supposed ages). I guess maybe the blonde/full on yellow could be considered as unnatural too, unless you're Bart Simpson maybe.

I think the common ones like blue, green and red would be around too. Maybe pink if they want to push some things.

gliscor&yanmega

So another update on October 4th, probably another big update. Doubt we'll get anything else for the rest of September, which is fine since we already got a ton. I would imagine the middle stage for the starters will be revealed next month, plus other stuff of course. I might try to avoid November news all together to get some surprises and avoid likely leaks due to the game probably coming out a week early for some places.

dukemon22

So another update on October 4th, probably another big update. Doubt we'll get anything else for the rest of September, which is fine since we already got a ton. I would imagine the middle stage for the starters will be revealed next month, plus other stuff of course. I might try to avoid November news all together to get some surprises and avoid likely leaks due to the game probably coming out a week early for some places.

Middle stages for next month would be in line with the reveals for the past two games, so I'd agree with that. Though i think those were in CoroCoro.

Once we hit November I'm not reading anything. I have to wait for the Japanese games to ship to me and it's going to take a bit of time hehe.

Julia Artemis

Also if there are fossils this gen, they'll probably be revealed on the fourth as well. Also maybe Z Move Pokemon transformations AKA Ash-Greninja

Bus

Fossils would be the next thing Im really looking forward to. They've been in every generation except for the 2nd, so I hope they're continuing that trend. Of course, in lieu of that, if they decided to have a 'primal forest' or something where some of the older generation fossils can actually be found alive in their original state, I;d be happy. We could have Alola forms of Omanyte & Kabuto or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.