• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

So, we did get some minor news, but it wasn't anything to do with the Z-ring. Not sure what the Riddler was getting at... Unless we get something else later today, but It's pretty much the end of the day in Japan by now.

What did we get? Im at work; what I can view is very limited. I can visit the forums here, but the main site for serebii is blocked lol.

Julia Artemis

What did we get? Im at work; what I can view is very limited. I can visit the forums here, but the main site for serebii is blocked lol.

They showed a new move Alolan Exeggutor can do called Dragon Hammer, which I guess is the Dragon version of Wood Hammer.

Bus

They showed a new move Alolan Exeggutor can do called Dragon Hammer, which I guess is the Dragon version of Wood Hammer.

Oh, I was just making fun of that name in the new 'moves/abilities' thread; I didnt realize that was a new reveal. I thought it was just that somebody noticed it from an old video or something lol. So the video was just to show off one move? Nothing else to it?

R_N

Oh, I was just making fun of that name in the new 'moves/abilities' thread; I didnt realize that was a new reveal. I thought it was just that somebody noticed it from an old video or something lol. So the video was just to show off one move? Nothing else to it?

It was part of this https://youtu.be/HAJoke1J9LI

The segment towards the end was talking about Exeggutor and just another little thing talking about how some pokemon have Alola Forms and how they differ. Dragon Hammer was just an incidental thing because they showed a battle against exeggcute with the UI

Bus

It was part of this https://youtu.be/HAJoke1J9LI

The segment towards the end was talking about Exeggutor and just another little thing talking about how some pokemon have Alola Forms and how they differ. Dragon Hammer was just an incidental thing because they showed a battle against exeggcute with the UI

Oh ok, well thanks for the head's up. I guess its back to waiting until Tuesday for actual information, then. At least that's not too far off. I forget, did we know what this next corocoro is going to be showcasing? The last one we knew in advance would focus on Lycanroc, but I forgot whether they told us what this month's Corocoro would be focusing on. If I knew that, then I could start speculating what the Oct. 4th info release will be (since they'll most likely be separate things).

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
We already got those bottle caps that change de IV, what about a item that changes the nature of pokémon?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
We already got those bottle caps that change de IV, what about a item that changes the nature of pokémon?
I doubt it seriously. To a lesser extent, I doubt the IV characteristic would change display after raising IVs. I believe it would remain as what the Pokemon's originally highest stat was.

I really don't think natures would be changable, and I find the characteristic changing dubious.

wunderkind

Oh ok, well thanks for the head's up. I guess its back to waiting until Tuesday for actual information, then. At least that's not too far off. I forget, did we know what this next corocoro is going to be showcasing? The last one we knew in advance would focus on Lycanroc, but I forgot whether they told us what this month's Corocoro would be focusing on. If I knew that, then I could start speculating what the Oct. 4th info release will be (since they'll most likely be separate things).

As I recall, next issue will cover the 'true strength of Type: Null'

Julia Artemis

As I recall, next issue will cover the 'true strength of Type: Null'

I'll laugh if it's actually Arceus. Maybe it could be the case since they seem to be fixing Zygarde and giving that Pokemon a point which it totally lacked in X and Y. And I can't help but feel how they used Arceus previously was beyond disappointing and seems to only exist to make Battle Spot battles frustrating.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'll laugh if it's actually Arceus. Maybe it could be the case since they seem to be fixing Zygarde and giving that Pokemon a point which it totally lacked in X and Y. And I can't help but feel how they used Arceus previously was beyond disappointing and seems to only exist to make Battle Spot battles frustrating.

How about Type: Null was originally made to defeat Arceus?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
could lockstin be correct? will this all culminate in a gen 4 remake? With a return of gladeon and type:null going after arceus? I do think arceus is the cause for type:null's creation. Now what i'm excited to find out (hopefully in-game and not spoiled) is who created it and what's gladeon's relation with lusamine (accomplice or betrayer). I can only see type:null as a lapras from gen 1, a one of a kind pokemon that is given to you by gladeon/willingly joins you after a part in the story.

Bus

could lockstin be correct? will this all culminate in a gen 4 remake? With a return of gladeon and type:null going after arceus? I do think arceus is the cause for type:null's creation. Now what i'm excited to find out (hopefully in-game and not spoiled) is who created it and what's gladeon's relation with lusamine (accomplice or betrayer). I can only see type:null as a lapras from gen 1, a one of a kind pokemon that is given to you by gladeon/willingly joins you after a part in the story.

He's definitely got a pretty interesting theory going and some of us did theorize a connection to Alchemy early on in Sun & Moon's reveal.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Is that the theory that pokemon is ending after sun and moon or something silly like that?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Is that the theory that pokemon is ending after sun and moon or something silly like that?
Yep, exactly.

However, that theory is so all over the place now that at this point I'm not too sure what it's trying to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.