• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Wow, way to go Ash. You bond so well with one of your pokemon that it reaches new heights of power, then you give it away like everything else you've ever owned. I swear, Im honestly surprised he didnt give up Pikachu to the forest that one day.

It's been years since he explicitly gave up a pokemon. Before Goodra (which i'm not sure he's dropping back off at the swamp or not) the last one was... squirtle, I think.
Gliscor was temporary and is now back at Oak's like Charizard.

Doesn't make it any less funny that the pokemon where he had the super best ultra bond to make a huge ridiculous mega-level change is being given away though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, there is still no Dark-type Pokemon.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It's been years since he explicitly gave up a pokemon. Before Goodra (which i'm not sure he's dropping back off at the swamp or not) the last one was... squirtle, I think.
Gliscor was temporary and is now back at Oak's like Charizard.
Not that I should discuss this here, but yeah Goodra's going back to the Swamp in the same episode that hints that Ash is releasing Greninja as well...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I can't imagine with all the other things we're getting that they decided to hide a few new Mega's, but hey, if they did awesome. Z-moves are the new flavor of the week though, so I figure most of the time was used on them, with Alolan forms being a close second

No problem, just remember it like this:
Here's a good way to describe Ash-Greninja vs Protean Greninja... why wait to use something that can hit hard then (Ash Greninja) when I have to the ability to hit hard now (Protean Greninja).

that's so true. The feeling of there potentially being new megas has hit and i'm not that sad tbh with all the other excitement now that you said it (sometimes ya just gotta vent quick yknow?). And tbh I think I should get more excited for these z-moves, as we've only seen the cusp as to what they can do, so there could be a lot of awesome ones. Now i'm just hoping that my favorites get their own z-moves :D At least all pokemon can use the basic elemental ones.

And thats true for ash-greninja. Tbh, this is the first I am finding out that you have to ko something first, which seems extremely silly for a bond ability... "We reach max bonding when we destroy other pokemon."

R_N

Not that I should discuss this here, but yeah Goodra's going back to the Swamp in the same episode that hints that Ash is releasing Greninja as well...
Ah, I see. Well at least that can probably be called on like Squirtle usually is.
So, there is still no Dark-type Pokemon.

We also still don't have a non-alolan ice type, though at least we know about the snowman.
Maybe corocoro will show a dark type? At least, I hope it shows a new pokemon and not just Type Null's stuff & Dartix/Brionne/Torracat

Joltik-Kid

My only concern with Z-Moves is they seem worthless in the long run since they're held items that can only be used once. It's not like Mega Evolution where the Pokemon gets a overhaul to the BST minus HP. In Pikachu's case, Light Ball will outclass any need for it's Z-Crystal since without it, it can't even deal any real form of damage. Same with Snorlax since it's enjoys Leftovers because it has not safe recovery move outside of Rest.
I suppose they could be gimmicky like the Gen 5 Gems that boosted a move for one turn... Otherwise, can't see too much use for them outside of in-game fun

XXD17

Draco rex
So greninja does change with the Z-ring after all...like there was any doubt...I wonder what other 'mons can do it too? The Chinese leak hinted that it's not exclusive to greninja...

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

So greninja does change with the Z-ring after all...like there was any doubt...I wonder what other 'moms can do it too? The Chinese leak hinted that it's not exclusive to greninja...
Don't know where you saw that.... but buddy, Greninja transforms with a new ability called Battle Bond

"The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!"

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So greninja does change with the Z-ring after all...like there was any doubt...I wonder what other 'moms can do it too? The Chinese leak hinted that it's not exclusive to greninja...

Um Noooo...it transforms due to its Ability, "Battle Bond". There is no mention of it needing to react to the player's Z-Ring, it just has to KO a Pokemon to transform.

Edit: Appropriately enough, Greninja'd.

XXD17

Draco rex
Um Noooo...it transforms due to its Ability, "Battle Bond". There is no mention of it needing to react to the player's Z-Ring, it just has to KO a Pokemon to transform.

Oh ok...so the ability cause the change? I'm totally wrong then...I thought the ability was a stat increase...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh ok...so the ability cause the change? I'm totally wrong then...I thought the ability was a stat increase...

Yep. As it says on the main site:

"Greninja that can become Ash-Greninja have an Ability that no Pokémon has ever had before—Battle Bond. The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!"

Too bad no one will use it, unless Battle Bond Greninja isn't banned to Ubers while Protean Greninja is (which is unlikely).

Joltik-Kid

So watching the Japanese Trailer... Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja couldn't even KO Rockruff in one hit, rather it took two hits (One move mind you). Maybe that's just the Attack being worthless as usual, but it doesn't give me hope's of an Attack increase

I have too much free time on my hands lol

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So watching the Japanese Trailer... Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja couldn't even KO Rockruff in one hit, rather it took two hits (One move mind you). Maybe that's just the Attack being worthless as usual, but it doesn't give me hope's of an Attack increase.

The lack of an OHKO isn't surprising. Each hit of Water Shuriken only has a Base Power of 15, after all.

Bus

The lack of an OHKO isn't surprising. Each hit of Water Shuriken only has a Base Power of 15, after all.

Oh, its only 15? for some reason I thought it had a base power of 25...though i suppose that would make it ridiculously powerful lol.

Anyway, I like the look of the middle forms; they dont really disappoint. I feel like only Brionne really leads to Popplio3, though. The dapper gentleman look of Dartrix doesnt really fit a cowled archer look (unless they really are channeling Oliver Queen lol) and, though it doesnt mean much, the bipedal look of Torracat doesnt really look like it'll turn into a bipedal wrestler. I know that the opposite actually happened with Samurott (in that it became a quadruped after being bipedal its first two forms) so..yeah...guess I can't really say Torracat doesnt match. Datrix, though...I'm having a hard time seeing him turning into a secluded archer unless its stated between evolutions that his parents were murdered by rabid marowak and so he now hunts them at night.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else worried about people datamining the demo after it's release & spoiling everything just like they did for the OR/AS demo?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else worried about people datamining the demo after it's release & spoiling everything just like they did for the OR/AS demo?

Oh I know I am, terrified even. I know it's relatively easy to avoid in practice, but we knew near enough everything about ORAS to begin with on account of it being a remake, sans a few new features. This on the other hand is a new generation entirely, and I'm going to miss the brief period of "WHAT'S GOING ON" everyone had when X and Y came out, and there were no sources of information at first and everyone was scrambling around as they were "in the days of old" as it were.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

I look forward to it. ;)

Bus

With the reveal of Ash-Greninja, and that actually still being its name, the 4th leak in that poster of leaks, The 'real Leaks' leak, is still not deconfirmed. That means we can start looking at some of its other bits of information with some hope.
-S.S. Anne appearance
-Larger (though not by much) roster from last gen; which probably means that we can probably make an educated guess at this point to the amount added.
*71 pokemon added last Gen along with 30 Mega evolutions for a total of 101
*So, if this pans out, what sounds legitimate as 'larger, but not by much'? 85 new pokemon + 30 Alola form Pokemon for a total of 115 new altogether? That's my guess
-Appearances by Cynthia, Zinnia, Looker, Blue, AZ, and Lance- That could be pretty cool if an old rumor I read that you can battle them aboard the S.S. Anne is true.

Last edited:

Tepigfan

With the reveal of Ash-Greninja, and that actually still being its name, the 4th leak in that poster of leaks, The 'real Leaks' leak, is still not deconfirmed. That means we can start looking at some of its other bits of information with some hope.
-S.S. Anne appearance
-Larger (though not by much) roster from last gen; which probably means that we can probably make an educated guess at this point to the amount added.
*71 pokemon added last Gen along with 30 Mega evolutions for a total of 101
* So, if this pans out, what sounds legtimate as 'larger, but not by much'? 85 new pokemon + 30 Alola form Pokemon for a total of 115 new altogether? That's my guess
-Appearances by Cynthia, Zinnia, Looker, Blue, AZ, and Lance which could be pretty cool if an old rumor I read that you can battle them aboard the S.S. Anne is true.

Hmm, maybe but what im thinking is maybe ash makes some sort of appearance in the demo and gives you the Ash-Greninja, I dont believe that specific part of the real leaks leak is not true due to the fact the pokemon company pretty much confirmed that we are not getting more mega's but I could be wrong, they might surprise us!

(And on the side note, what pokemon is your avatar? I cant quite figure it out lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.