• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoa

Regarding the Sun/Moon demo, hopefully the only info on it is just the Pokedex and stuff on Ash-Greninja (since it is tied to the demo). Said information wouldn't hurt for people planning their teams but anything more would cause a massive salt storm or force users to take a brief break from all Pokemon fan sites and social media if they wish to avoid spoilers.

Removing text may be the hardest part.... hopefully the built the text with the mind to remove it ahead this time.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm really excited for the Poke Pelago. I've had a living dex in each game since I had Diamond and I've had one in every game since. So being able to have my 800+ do something for me will be awesome.

Poke Festival seems a little round a bout to do wi-fi stuff but whatever

I'm so pumped for the demo. I hope GF was smart and kept the coding self contained, but I'm also not against massive data leaks

As for the starter's mid stage. I'm still starting with Litten but what I'm going with is how likely the final leaks are from the mid stages:

Dartrix: Unlikely that Robinhoot in the final from here. None of the colors match, The wings would reinvert colors? not likely and the feet don't match either. The bow tie completely disappears as well. Seems like a stretch

Torracat: Could go either way. It does have the bulk that Litten3 has and the bell would turn into the belt. So this one seems the most likely to evolve into the leak

Brionne: I hate this thing first of all. It's hair is weird and it's too much a jump from Popplio. Seems like it's trying to hard to get to the siren.

My stand is if Rowlet3 is unlikely so are the others.

It's not that I mind seeing spoilers or leaks, it's just that there has to be people out there who have to get every nanobit of data they can get their grubby paws on, no matter what it takes. Hacking is a crime, and it should be punished like one. The internet as a whole needs better monitoring and enforcement, but the laws still have not caught up to the technology, and probably never will, given how rapidly technology evolves.

That being said, I'm excited for the demo, even if it means I'll have to scrub my Bravely Second demo off my SD card (I still don't own that game.) I may even add Ash-Greninja to my Sun team over Mega Blastoise, provided its stats get a boost similar to those of Mega Evolution (changing Battle Bond to Protean upon transformation wouldn't hurt, either. ;) )

EDIT: Good Lawd, that would be so OP'd! Protean Greninja is already Ubers-tier; think what it'd be like with 190 base Sp.Atk! Mega Rayquay-quay would have company in Anything Goes tier!

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm really excited for the Poke Pelago. I've had a living dex in each game since I had Diamond and I've had one in every game since. So being able to have my 800+ do something for me will be awesome.

Poke Festival seems a little round a bout to do wi-fi stuff but whatever

I'm so pumped for the demo. I hope GF was smart and kept the coding self contained, but I'm also not against massive data leaks

As for the starter's mid stage. I'm still starting with Litten but what I'm going with is how likely the final leaks are from the mid stages:

Dartrix: Unlikely that Robinhoot in the final from here. None of the colors match, The wings would reinvert colors? not likely and the feet don't match either. The bow tie completely disappears as well. Seems like a stretch

Torracat: Could go either way. It does have the bulk that Litten3 has and the bell would turn into the belt. So this one seems the most likely to evolve into the leak

Brionne: I hate this thing first of all. It's hair is weird and it's too much a jump from Popplio. Seems like it's trying to hard to get to the siren.

While the color schemes don't match, it should be noted that in French Darktrix's name has "Arrow" in it.

And regardless, this wouldn't be the first time we had the starters have huge jumps from mid to final evos.

glacialcat

As I said in the starter thread:

1. Dartrix. Easily transitions to arrows. In addition its name in various foreign languages refer to arrows or projectiles in some way.
2. Brown "hood" of feathers, could transition to green.
3. Green 'hair.'. If you add another one, facing the opposite way, you can make a hood over his face.
4. Brown spots on its wings.
5. Orange triangular spots under its wings, continued in Rowlet3
6. Rowlet has 1 green tail feather. Dartrix has 2 green tail feathers. Rowlet3 has 3 green tail feathers.
7. Bowtie extends to become the draw strings on the hoodie/bow strings
8. Maintains same green/brown/white color palette, but swapped around. Not the first time colors have been swapped for starter evolutions (Grotle, Combusken)

Its certainly no less of a jump than Dewott > Samurott, Wartortle > Blastoise, Combusken > Blaziken. Honestly a lot of final stage starters look weird when you try to directly connect everything.

Why does Sceptile lose the leaf on its head and get a big pine tree tail? Where did the pollen on its back come from?
Quilladin > Chesnaught? Where did those spikes come from? Why is it now beige and white instead of brown and green?
etc etc.

Last edited:

HydroBR

It's not that I mind seeing spoilers or leaks, it's just that there has to be people out there who have to get every nanobit of data they can get their grubby paws on, no matter what it takes. Hacking is a crime, and it should be punished like one. The internet as a whole needs better monitoring and enforcement, but the laws still have not caught up to the technology, and probably never will, given how rapidly technology evolves.

Jesus, man. I'd definitely never vote for you if you were ever a candidate haha.

Jokes aside, the ORAS demo leaks are 100% GF's fault. Nobody hacked anything illegally, it's not like the crackers invaded Nintendo/Game Freak's systems without their consent or anything. They just opened the demo, the one the company released world-wide saying "everyone, play!". Also, they are not naive or stupid to thing that wouldn't happen, my guess is that either that was a mistake on their part, or was completely intentional to unofficially release some in-depth info on the game to the more "hardcore" fans.

[...]

You think so? For me, the transition is so obvious. The style, colors and theme are just too similar to be a coincidence. Dartrix even shoots it's feathers as arrows from under its wings. The transition to me is just perfect.

Also, the thing you said aren't a real issue, as we've seen more drastic changes before. Squirtle/Wartotle missed the main part of Blastoise's design, the huge shell cannons. Frankie/Frogardier's bubble collar is completely exchanged upon evolution. Color(and even theme and ability)-wise, you could say the same about Slakoth-Vigoroth-Slaking, being the middle evolution completely different, changing everything from the first stage just to go back upon evolution.

Overall, the middle evos announcement pretty much confirmed the leak, and I couldn't be happier, because I just loved the Rowlet3 design!

Edit: "Rowlet" may come from Arrow + Owlet then, not Round.

Last edited:

SoarStaraptor

Ash-Greninja shouldn't work without Ash in the games.. it doesn't feel right to call it Ash-Greninja without the Ash.

Might as well call the male's Greninja "BOI-Greninja" or the female protagonist "GIRLninja"

Tepigfan

Ash-Greninja shouldn't work without Ash in the games.. it doesn't feel right to call it Ash-Greninja without the Ash.

Might as well call the male's Greninja "BOI-Greninja" or the female protagonist "GIRLninja"

I think ash might actualy appear in the demo, I think maybe the demo will be exactly the same as the first episode of the Sun/Moon anime.

clbgolden12

I'm starting to hear rumors that an ecrypted version of the demo is starting to be datamined. Is this true?

WolfCypher

This reminded me immediately of Quilladin to Chesnaught, and that still happened.

future.newyorker

I'm starting to hear rumors that an ecrypted version of the demo is starting to be datamined. Is this true?

No, people are afraid that the demo that is going to be released two weeks from today is going to be datamined and we're going to know everything far too early, like what happened with the ORAS demo.

WolfCypher

Yeah, I keep hearing (reading) people say (TYPE) that ORAS's demo's datamining ruined everything.

Outside of new ORAS Megas...what did it spoil? It was a remake. If you played RS, you knew what ORAS would offer, and Nintendo had already showcased the new things like Aarune and Lisia and...I just don't remember anything other than new Megas being spoiled.

clbgolden12

No, people are afraid that the demo that is going to be released two weeks from today is going to be datamined and we're going to know everything far too early, like what happened with the ORAS demo.
I know that, but people are actually claiming that they've been datamining an ecrypted version of the demo.

R_N

Yeah, I keep hearing (reading) people say (TYPE) that ORAS's demo's datamining ruined everything.

Outside of new ORAS Megas...what did it spoil? It was a remake. If you played RS, you knew what ORAS would offer, and Nintendo had already showcased the new things like Aarune and Lisia and...I just don't remember anything other than new Megas being spoiled.

Saying it ruined everything is a bit of a stretch. It mostly dashed people's dreams as we looked at the pokedex and the trainer lists and the complete lack of a battle frontier. However, it also had a fair chunk of the story test, including the then-un-revealed delta episode.

However, if the SM demo has the same stuff that ORAS had sitting around, then it will spoil a bunch of things.
Trainer listings
new pokemon
new forms
very large swaths of the story
locations

LoveMcQueen5683

Unpopular opinion but I'm hoping for a datamine. I don't mind being spoiled. I want to know everything asap

WolfCypher

Oh, I want a datamine, too, for Pokédex spoilers and to see if they make UBs usable (I hope not). Otherwise, the plot can stay hidden.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Unpopular opinion but I'm hoping for a datamine. I don't mind being spoiled. I want to know everything asap

Oh, I want a datamine, too, for Pokédex spoilers and to see if they make UBs usable (I hope not). Otherwise, the plot can stay hidden.

yeah, I feel like people are really split on this: there are people strongly for both sides, and those torn between them. I'm sort of split myself. On the one hand I want to know what pokemon are available and basics about stats (ie. which ones have some chance at being good) so I can plan teams so I don't spend a lot of time raising pokemon that I then don't want to keep around, and on the other hand surprises sound really fun... but if the dex does leak early I probably won't be able to help myself. While I'm curious about the story, I don't feel inclined to spoil that, though.

I know that, but people are actually claiming that they've been datamining an ecrypted version of the demo.
Yes, some people have gotten their hands on the encrypted demo.
No, it has not been datamined, let alone decrypted. A very good chance it won't be datamined until the actual playable demo is out either.
Only thing we know is that it's 390MB. Significantly larger than the ORAS demo.

Discussion about cheating and hacking itself isn't allowed here, so we should stop discussing the actual process of datamining any further, although discussion about what can be found when datamining and your opinion on the whole matter is fine.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Yes, some people have gotten their hands on the encrypted demo.
No, it has not been datamined, let alone decrypted. A very good chance it won't be datamined until the actual playable demo is out either.
Only thing we know is that it's 390MB. Significantly larger than the ORAS demo.

Discussion about cheating and hacking itself isn't allowed here, so we should stop discussing the actual process of datamining any further, although discussion about what can be found when datamining and your opinion on the whole matter is fine.

Oh that's intersting how long the demo is. I wonder if we'll be able to catch any Pokemon. Also Ash-Greninja can be transferred to Sun and Moon, so maybe those Pokemon could be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.