• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerial_ace

I think i will be avoiding forums after 18th everything about oras eas spoiled before the release which took away some surprise factor for me. So i dont want this to happen with the region i never played before(oras was a remake) so i will try avoid forums just in case whole pokedex etc has been leaked from the demo

sheld999

I think i will be avoiding forums after 18th everything about oras eas spoiled before the release which took away some surprise factor for me. So i dont want this to happen with the region i never played before(oras was a remake) so i will try avoid forums just in case whole pokedex etc has been leaked from the demo

just hope no one hacks the demo ( most likely will )

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anyways, we have one week to next Corocoro, a week and a half to the next trailer and two weeks minus a day for the demo.

Regardless of what happens, we should know about most of the early game.

sheld999

Anyways, we have one week to next Corocoro, a week and a half to the next trailer and two weeks minus a day for the demo.

thats right corocoro is 10-15th and the trailer is 14th and 4 days later is demo

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Keep in mind the news on the 14th might not be a trailer, last month the news on the 14th was just brief elaboration on the ultra beasts. This time it might just be a little extra on whatever is in corocoro.

shadowF

Do you guys think there will be a very good chance of the games being datamined before the games are released or is gamefreak smart enough to erase the files that are not suppose to be in there? If so then how many days does it take leakers to datamine the whole thing? how long did it take for ORAS?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Demo was released in 15th October.

It was datamined in 16th October.

Full data leak took about two weeks IIRC.

Edit: In addition to below, ORAS used the same engine as XY, which was hacked a year before. SuMo might be a bit different because of that.

Last edited:

noakai

Do you guys think there will be a very good chance of the games being datamined before the games are released or is gamefreak smart enough to erase the files that are not suppose to be in there? If so then how many days does it take leakers to datamine the whole thing? how long did it take for ORAS?

I believe it took days for the ORAS demo to be completely datamined. There would be a lull and then something would something else left in there. I don't know if GF has erased stuff this time around, but if they didn't clean the SM demo out, I imagine it will take longer to datamine just because it's a bigger demo than the ORAS one. Honestly people might still find some stuff even if GF did try and clean it out, so really we won't know until it's out what to expect. There might be a ton of info in the demo, there might only be a little bit.

.Aerodactyl.

My guess is that they don't find much. I feel GF would have to learn from the last time... however, if they DO find a bunch of stuff from the demo, I would think it's honestly because GF decided it doesn't matter if the info is spilled. I mean, in one sense, it's mostly the people who desperately want to know that are going to find out. Not everyone stake about the internet for Pokémon news, and those of us that don't want to be spoiled will just have to out in the extra effort.

gliscor&yanmega

So there will be a demo after all, and we get Ash-Greninja that way, cool. I'll probably play it everyday leading up to the games coming out. I'll try and avoid any leaks from it too; I think I can manage a month without Pokemon forums. More news coming on the 14th too, so I'm excited to see what that shows. It's so close yet fells so far. The final few days are going to be awful D:

Bus

Serebii will NEVER cover the leaks. The coverage will officially begin on November 18th.
If you want to see them, Pokemon forums and other Pokemon websites will surely have it.

I know about that.
The thing is, we won't know if GF actually removed unnecessary data until the dmo is datamined.

If the whole dex, movesets, items, music, trainer data, etc are missing, then great. If not, then we can't do anything about it.

It is possible that GF may be changed their encryption, but there will always be hackers who can decrypt it.

Will we get in trouble for discussing or posting leaks here in the forums or would it be safer altogether to find another poké forum for a little while to discuss/view them if & when they start showing up?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Can't they do something so that it CAN'T be datamined? I'm pretty sure they made it hack-proof after the ORAS ordeal, or is that impossible...?

"Anything that can be written can be unwritten." - Beetee Latier

To be honest, I'd rather a datamine is successfully implemented. I want to know the entire Gen 7 roster before I get the game, and the sooner I see the roster, the better. Of course, that's just me. Now, let's all be realistic for just a second. The odds of a datamine occurring is incredibly high. Like, 95% high. However, whether or not anything substantial is obtained from this datamine is another story.

Still, if I can get some sort of leak of the Gen 7 roster, including the pokemon's types, I will be pleased. I'd rather see the final starter evolutions before I get the game, because I don't want to be stuck with crap. I'd rather see all the Ghost-types, so I'll know what I'll be dealing with for a Gen 7 Ghost team. I want to see the entire roster so I can be prepared to jump in knowing what's ahead. I don't need any other info. Just the roster.

*starts looking in an unhealthily vigorous manner*

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Will we get in trouble for discussing or posting leaks here in the forums or would it be safer altogether to find another poké forum for a little while to discuss/view them if & when they start showing up?

ORAS demo dump was discussed freely, so unless Serebiiforums take a different approach there shouldn't be an issue.

But you know, if you don't want to hear spoilers, we would need to find another way.

Sulfurian

What I'd be looking for in the leak are the full new pokemon list, so we can complain that they added too little or too much. :p

As well as any new competitive items, base stats, types, and possible new mega stones. (Just give me mega flygon, pls)

ORAS demo dump was discussed freely, so unless Serebiiforums take a different approach there shouldn't be an issue.

But you know, if you don't want to hear spoilers, we would need to find another way.

Agreed. It's a shame that, at least for the majority of the Gen VI leaked information/data/images, people on here seemed to completely forget about the spoiler tag's existence; in my opinion, if that was successfully implemented and put to use by posters, discussions would be much easier to be part of or avoid. Ultimately, a datmine does seem likely, so I do agree, unless Serebii himself or any of the mods can put this to rest:

If you are looking to avoid pre-release spoilers with merit and precedentfor Sun and Moon, whether it be the roster, story, or what have you, steering clear of this site and almost every Pokémon forum on the internet is advised as of the release of the demo version.

Who knows? We might not get anything; but, likewise, we could get everything. I myself know that after the day of the demo's release I'll just be sticking to the main site up until December's CoroCoro leaks next month (I have some extra waiting to do myself because of the awkward European launch).

noakai

Agreed. It's a shame that, at least for the majority of the Gen VI leaked information/data/images, people on here seemed to completely forget about the spoiler tag's existence; in my opinion, if that was successfully implemented and put to use by posters, discussions would be much easier to be part of or avoid. Ultimately, a datmine does seem likely, so I do agree, unless Serebii himself or any of the mods can put this to rest:

If you are looking to avoid pre-release spoilers with merit and precedentfor Sun and Moon, whether it be the roster, story, or what have you, steering clear of this site and almost every Pokémon forum on the internet is advised as of the release of the demo version.

Who knows? We might not get anything; but, likewise, we could get everything. I myself know that after the day of the demo's release I'll just be sticking to the main site up until December's CoroCoro leaks next month (I have some extra waiting to do myself because of the awkward European launch).

Honestly, I'd say be careful about ANY gaming related sites at all because lots of general game sites reported the starter leaks, especially after Mallow was officially revealed. Nowhere is safe!!

Honestly, I'd say be careful about ANY gaming related sites at all because lots of general game sites reported the starter leaks, especially after Mallow was officially revealed. Nowhere is safe!!

Aha, totally agreed. Let's not forget too that if you have a Google+ account linked into your YouTube account and have been and will be watching Pokémon Sun and Moon trailers, you'll likely have videos recommended by the likes of Verlis, TTube, Shady, etc., and no offence to any of them, but it often seems beyond a few of the PokéTubers to NOT potentially spoil something in their title/thumbnail.

Edit: In addition to below, ORAS used the same engine as XY, which was hacked a year before. SuMo might be a bit different because of that.

That's a good point. If I recall correctly - and I may not be - it took a good week or two for them to crack the XY code, though once again, if I recall correctly, XY were one of, if not the, first 3DS games to be decrypted by hackers, as I remember not too long before release data mining talk being shot down as, paraphrase, "it is impossible to datamine a 3DS game - as of this moment".

TyLogic

I still can't find that "unexpected final typings" leak. Why is it so hard to find? How plausible is it again?

Anyway, so apparently the Chinese Riddler updated their profile picture. It use to be Colress, but now it's Grimsley. Does that even mean anything? We didn't exactly get anything related to Colress. All we did was play "Where's Waldo" trying to find him. What's Grismley supposed to mean? Part of me thinks that the Chinese Riddler just wanted to change his picture...

Orphalesion

I really hope it will be datamined and that we get the complete rooster. However I am fine with using spoiler tags or even with not discussing the leak on here at all out of consideration for those who want to be "surprised".

If the demo does include all information and does get data-mined I would find it a good idea if the mods could create a "spoiler" thread which would then be the only place where those leaks would be allowed to be discussed. Maybe make that the "demo" thread and slap a SPOILER! warning on it or something.
I think that would make everyone happy. Those who don't mind spoilers could discuss them in the spoiler thread and those that don't could just not click on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.