• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noakai

Aha, totally agreed. Let's not forget too that if you have a Google+ account linked into your YouTube account and have been and will be watching Pokémon Sun and Moon trailers, you'll likely have videos recommended by the likes of Verlis, TTube, Shady, etc., and no offence to any of them, but it often seems beyond a few of the PokéTubers to NOT potentially spoil something in their title/thumbnail.

That's a good point. If I recall correctly - and I may not be - it took a good week or two for them to crack the XY code, though once again, if I recall correctly, XY were one of, if not the, first 3DS games to be decrypted by hackers, as I remember not too long before release data mining talk being shot down as, paraphrase, "it is impossible to datamine a 3DS game - as of this moment".

Oh lord YT is the worst for it. Here's a video about a massive spoiler! The title is a spoiler, the description (that you can see at least the first part of everywhere even in thumnbail form) is a spoiler, and of course the image preview is DEFINITELY a spoiler! Also, all related videos are full of different spoilers. Enjoy the internet :D

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
If data is mined from the SM demo, I might have to hide from the internet for a month. No where will be safe. ;_; Maybe Ill set up backup Twitter/YT accounts and purposely filter those who may spoil.

.Aerodactyl.

I really hope it will be datamined and that we get the complete rooster. However I am fine with using spoiler tags or even with not discussing the leak on here at all out of consideration for those who want to be "surprised".

If the demo does include all information and does get data-mined I would find it a good idea if the mods could create a "spoiler" thread which would then be the only place where those leaks would be allowed to be discussed. Maybe make that the "demo" thread and slap a SPOILER! warning on it or something.
I think that would make everyone happy. Those who don't mind spoilers could discuss them in the spoiler thread and those that don't could just not click on it.

That's a great idea!!!

If there is spoilers once it gets data mined, my plan was to come in, ask only for the Pokédex, then swear off of Serebii and YouTube until I got the game and finished it XD.

One good thing about this time, is at least as a community we are prepared for it and know it's a possibility. Talking about it now will hopefully make people more aware and approach the topic with caution and spoiler tags if there is significant leaks :)

TyLogic

I just feel like they took some precautionary measures to prevent it somehow. Like scrubbing what's unnecessary from the demo. I really don't think they will take the risk of their super, awesome 20th anniversary video game being leaked early. I think they are already upset that the final evolutions were leaked (Or at least one of them), so I don't think they will be so careless with it. I don't know. For some reason, I'm not worried.

Also I hope it doesn't get leaked. I've never experienced the feeling of discovering a pokemon mid-game. I don't know how hard it will be...but I think I might have to avoid things if the demo is datemined.

.Aerodactyl.

I just feel like they took some precautionary measures to prevent it somehow. Like scrubbing what's unnecessary from the demo. I really don't think they will take the risk of their super, awesome 20th anniversary video game being leaked early. I think they are already upset that the final evolutions were leaked (Or at least one of them), so I don't think they will be so careless with it. I don't know. For some reason, I'm not worried.

Also I hope it doesn't get leaked. I've never experienced the feeling of discovering a pokemon mid-game. I don't know how hard it will be...but I think I might have to avoid things if the demo is datemined.

I honestly think the only conclusion that can be drawn if it gets data mined and does contain game information is that they don't care. I hardly think they are unaware of the fact that a demo was, can be and will be data mined. So I'm still holding out hope it's been scrubbed!

I also wonder if the demo might not even take place in Alola... So perhaps they wrote a little section seperate to only it? Wouldn't it be cool of the demo was in like, JUST pallet Town or something, where you meet ash for his greninja, try some features then play the story part of you moving to Alola :D

TyLogic

I honestly think the only conclusion that can be drawn if it gets data mined and does contain game information is that they don't care. I hardly think they are unaware of the fact that a demo was, can be and will be data mined. So I'm still holding out hope it's been scrubbed!

I also wonder if the demo might not even take place in Alola... So perhaps they wrote a little section seperate to only it? Wouldn't it be cool of the demo was in like, JUST pallet Town or something, where you meet ash for his greninja, try some features then play the story part of you moving to Alola :D

Cool! Like the demo could be a prequel to the game itself! We'd be able to tell where the player character comes from! I hope it's not Kalos. I'm so tired of that region...

.Aerodactyl.

Cool! Like the demo could be a prequel to the game itself! We'd be able to tell where the player character comes from! I hope it's not Kalos. I'm so tired of that region...

I always assumed it was pallet Town because in the Japanese promo video, the little kid moving to Hawaii is moving from Japan and starts the clip by playing Pokémon red which was Kanto.

TyLogic

I always assumed it was pallet Town because in the Japanese promo video, the little kid moving to Hawaii is moving from Japan and starts the clip by playing Pokémon red which was Kanto.

Oh... Well Sinnoh is based off of Hokkaido right? (I hope I spelled that right...)
I don't really care for Sinnoh remakes at the moment but maybe he came from there.

.Aerodactyl.

Oh... Well Sinnoh is based off of Hokkaido right? (I hope I spelled that right...)
I don't really care for Sinnoh remakes at the moment but maybe he came from there.

Huh... Good point. Especially if they do gen 4 remakes. But I personally don't think we will get Sinnoh remakes.

TyLogic

Huh... Good point. Especially if they do gen 4 remakes. But I personally don't think we will get Sinnoh remakes.

Me neither...

Some say that MeleMele Island has clues to a Sinnoh remake, but honestly, I think that those are just special finds. It is the 20th anniversary after all. There are probably references everywhere.

1.The male protagonist has a black hat.
2.Lillie wears white clothing.
3.Hau wears shorts.
4.There's a FOOTBALL monkey pokemon.
5.The Aether Foundation is like Team Plasma.
6.Team Skull is like the Roughnecks in Black, White, Black2 and White 2,
7.Professor Kukui said welcome.
8.There is a Route 1.

Unova remakes confirmed! :D

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder

I'm thinking sinnoh remakes for gen 8 and the next handheld. They've never done two remakes on the same system but who knows. Sinnoh will definitely be the next remakes and i'm pumped because sinnoh was awesome

SoarStaraptor

No one can use Ash-Greninja without Ash because that bond is linked to him and his Greninja only. The game's protagonist shouldn't have the ability to form the bond phenomenon. It just doesn't fit the script. I see no logical way past this, unless they make Ash alternate between game and anime universe, pulling off a first timer.

glacialcat

Ultra Beasts: Creatures of unknown origin that pose a threat to both humans and pokemon, possibly changing everything in the world as we know it.
Fandom: Ohhhh I hope I can catch it!

Ash-Greninja:Fan service Easter egg referencing the anime
Fandom: THIS HAS DESTROYED THE VERY FABRIC OF REALITY, I CAN'T HANDLE IT. THE VERY CONCEPT OF RIGHT AND WRONG HAS BEEN TORN ASUNDER.

DSDark

Breeder
No one can use Ash-Greninja without Ash because that bond is linked to him and his Greninja only. The game's protagonist shouldn't have the ability to form the bond phenomenon. It just doesn't fit the script. I see no logical way past this, unless they make Ash alternate between game and anime universe, pulling off a first timer.

The name of the form is Ash-Greninja. However the form is caused by a strong bond with its trainer. They could have the story in the demo be that first time this form was achieved was by a trainer traveling through kalos (ash) and since other froakie's have evolved in greninjas that can take the same form if they have a strong bond with their trainer.

Ultra Beasts: Creatures of unknown origin that pose a threat to both humans and pokemon, possibly changing everything in the world as we know it.

Fandom: THIS HAS DESTROYED THE VERY FABRIC OF REALITY, I CAN'T HANDLE IT. THE VERY CONCEPT OF RIGHT AND WRONG HAS BEEN TORN ASUNDER.

Not a big fan of the Ultra beast. They could seem like boss battles that we can't catch. That's not part of pokemon

TyLogic

The protagonist is the offspring of Ash confirmed. :D

sheld999

in your case we cant also use ash pikachu which was also an event

TyLogic

in your case we cant also use ash pikachu which was also an event

Ash-Greninja is yet isn't an event. Maybe, I don't know.

There is a difference between "Ash's Greninja" and a form of a pokemon called "Ash-Greninja".

.Aerodactyl.

XD

Thanks for this!!! Made my day.

I personally love the idea of Ultra beasts though,but could care less if ash-greninja is or isn't in the game. Makes sense to have him since he featured in the anime.

Akashin

They've already given us an excuse to get past this: the ability to turn into Ash Greninja is something that Greninja has, not Ash, which is something that has been hinted at since day one and outright confirmed by Battle Bond. And Battle Bond requires a powerful bond with a trainer, not Ash specifically; absence of evidence of anybody but Ash triggering it is not proof that it can't be done. That it retains its Ash Greninja name and appearance could be written off if we assume its appearance was set in stone the moment Ash first made it happen.

Or, perhaps more likely, Ash Greninja is just something they decided to do for the demo and any sort of explanation is probably giving it more thought than it deserves.

TyLogic

I think it's weird that it goes through the form using a strong bond with it's trainer but...Battle Bond is an ability...By that logic it doesn't need to even like you...

I think they messed up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.