• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpeople25

Well some times I think you need to just let the RP part of RPG overcome the mechanics and I think this and mega evos is one of those times.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, Ash-Greninja won't bother me unless Ash himself was in the game and handed the pokeball to the PC. Only then will I be a little ticked off.

R_N

I think it's weird that it goes through the form using a strong bond with it's trainer but...Battle Bond is an ability...By that logic it doesn't need to even like you...

I think they messed up a little.

It's probably the goofiest segregation between the game telling you about ~*BONDS*~ and the actual mechanic
Tons of NPC tells us how strong and amazing our bonds with our pokemon are, even if we literally just caught them or got them from another person, with a general running thread that it's what makes us such great trainers
N has several dialogs with your pokemon where he learns how great of a trainer are even if, again, you just caught something then & there.
Mega Evolution is supposed to be a thing for people who have the strongest unifying bond with their pokemon but i can go catch a pinsir and mega evolve it right now
Ash-Greninja's everything

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It's probably the goofiest segregation between the game telling you about ~*BONDS*~ and the actual mechanic
Tons of NPC tells us how strong and amazing our bonds with our pokemon are, even if we literally just caught them or got them from another person, with a general running thread that it's what makes us such great trainers
N has several dialogs with your pokemon where he learns how great of a trainer are even if, again, you just caught something then & there.
Mega Evolution is supposed to be a thing for people who have the strongest unifying bond with their pokemon but i can go catch a pinsir and mega evolve it right now
Ash-Greninja's everything

This is why I like the amie system because it actually shows rather than tells you how strong your bond is through actual interaction.

Sulfurian

I personally don't have a problem with Ash-greninja. Ash was the first person to trigger this form from a greninja at a time where scientists actually gave a damn about Pokemon. I assume years ago when Ash-greninja first appeared they didn't quite care about naming things. Considering Ash was the first (I guess in our universe is now considered canon with the anime) then I don't mind it being named that.

Unless it's just pure hatred for Ash even if it's not his fault he's terrible. It's the writers and milking the show until nothing is left.

I'm more curious in it's stats and what nature I'd run to compliment those stat boosts.

TyLogic

This is why I like the amie system because it actually shows rather than tells you how strong your bond is through actual interaction.

Yeah, but affection and friendship are two different things in-game.

Mega Evolution doesn't require either, and Professor Sycamore stated that he "believes" only pokemon with a strong bond with their trainer can Mega Evolve. Ash-Greninja doesn't need anything but an Ability. In my opinion, not only is the name wrong (It's implied there are more than one, and Ash wasn't the first to use it.) But the way they explain how it works is too.

An ability has nothing to do with a "bond".

shadowF

If the games are datamined from the demo will we only get names and movesets of the pokemon andonly names and dialogue from the characters? and all their teams? but no pictures or story plots points?

TyLogic

If the games are datamined from the demo will we only get names and movesets of the pokemon andonly names and dialogue from the characters? and all their teams? but no pictures or story plots points?

When X and Y was hacked, we were able to see full in-game models of the three unrevealed pokemon. (Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion) I'm not really sure about ORAS. I think we just got the information.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm not sure about the game itself, but when ORAS was hacked, we got almost everything. Details about in-game teams, artwork for every trailer, model images of every new Mega and form, some details on the Delta episode, stats for the new Megas (and learning that Mega Rayquaza was broken as hell when we noticed it didn't have the same flag for holding an item like other Megas), among other things. There were very few stones left unturned once we got the game proper, most of it being restricted to the Delta Episode.

If Sun and Moon are similar, then we're likely getting the same thing: new Pokémon, new forms, UB, movesets, stats, model images, and maybe some story details.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ash-Greninja itself is fine... just wish they would have named it something else. Calling it Ash-Greninja distances it from the MC of Sun and Moon and makes it literally feel like borrowed power.

Or maybe I'm over-exaggerating and it just annoy's me that something canon to the anime is now canon to the main games (And I ain't talking about Greninja).

R_N

I'm not sure about the game itself, but when ORAS was hacked, we got almost everything. Details about in-game teams, artwork for every trailer, model images of every new Mega and form, some details on the Delta episode, stats for the new Megas (and learning that Mega Rayquaza was broken as hell when we noticed it didn't have the same flag for holding an item like other Megas), among other things. There were very few stones left unturned once we got the game proper, most of it being restricted to the Delta Episode.

If Sun and Moon are similar, then we're likely getting the same thing: new Pokémon, new forms, UB, movesets, stats, model images, and maybe some story details.

Close. We didn't get the real models, they actually did remove the majority of those. What they kept were singular models used for the pokedex

Maybe this time around they'll clean out anything model related that's not needed. Ideally theyd' at least dummy out the pokedex information, even if it's just replacing the text strings with question marks.

TyLogic

Close. We didn't get the real models, they actually did remove the majority of those. What they kept were singular models used for the pokedex

Maybe this time around they'll clean out anything model related that's not needed. Ideally theyd' at least dummy out the pokedex information, even if it's just replacing the text strings with question marks.

Yes! I hope they do that! I really don't what to be spoiled of my fun and speculations. I hope they keep the demo small though. Maybe it will be like ORAS where we have all three starters and one more special one.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Probably discussed already but "Pokémon Sun & Moon Demo will require 400mb/3,100 blocks to download"?
That's pretty much twice the size of the ORAS Demo (250mb/1,935 Blocks). Said demo had every important data. Guess GF doesn't care about leaks anymore.

A part of me hates the fact that everything will be datamined. But another part of me want all the leaks now.

Quoting once again, as the actual game size revealed to be 3.2 GB.

For ORAS Demo: 1.8/0.25 = 7.2% of the actual size.
For SM Demo: 3.2/0.4 = 8% of the actual size.

TyLogic

Quoting once again, as the actual game size revealed to be 3.2 GB.

For ORAS Demo: 1.8/0.25 = 7.2% of the actual size.
For SM Demo: 3.2/0.4 = 8% of the actual size.

(I'm going to sound sooo stupid...)

What does this mean? (*sigh*)

noakai

Well, serebii posted the download size of some other games on his twitter, so to give you an idea of how big SM is:

RBY: 11MB
XY: 1.7GB
ORAS: 1.8GB
Super Dungeon: 1.8GB
Detective Pikachu: 641MB
Smash Bros. 3DS: 2.1GB

SM is 3.2 GB.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

With 7.2% of the actual game data, we obtained too many information and almost everything got leaked. When it was initially announced for demo to be 400MB compared to ORAS' 250 MB, it was initially discussed that the game's new mechanics and aesthetics could take that much of content. But, with it being 8%, taking much more space compared to ORAS' demo, it brings the inevitable question that the game may potentially be leaked, if hacked.

Which don't has to mean anything. The thing which makes things larger are the graphic and music.

There is always this possibility, of course. But, documents written in text files take very small spaces, so there is also that possibility it can include the text files within 400 MB.

TyLogic

With 7.2% of the actual game data, we obtained too many information and almost everything got leaked. When it was initially announced for demo to be 400MB compared to ORAS' 250 MB, it was initially discussed that the game's new mechanics and aesthetics could take that much of content. But, with it being 8%, taking much more space compared to ORAS' demo, it brings the inevitable question that the game may potentially be leaked, if hacked.

There is always this possibility, of course.

Oh...Makes sense. I just really think that GF isn't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

noakai

If they didn't bother to scrub this demo, imo that means they don't really care that it happens, at least not enough to make them want to put extra effort into stopping it. That info doesn't matter to the more casual players who make up more of the audience so it doesn't affect them one way or another and for many of the more hardcore fans it can serve as hype, so we'll just have to wait and see if they scrubbed it or not.

TyLogic

If they didn't bother to scrub this demo, imo that means they don't really care that it happens, at least not enough to make them want to put extra effort into stopping it. That info doesn't matter to the more casual players who make up more of the audience so it doesn't affect them one way or another and for many of the more hardcore fans it can serve as hype, so we'll just have to wait and see if they scrubbed it or not.

Why do people get so eager in the first place to leak it, let alone hack it? I wish they would just keep the leaks to themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.