• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
On the topic of Battle Bond, they could always make it so you need a happiness threshold to use it (which could be pre-set in the demo). Just like they did with the elemental hyper beams and Draco Meteor. However, with how much focus was put on "bonds" for Mega Evolution, and how little that actually affects them, they may well follow that trend and have the "bonds" exist solely in lore and roleplay.

Why do people get so eager in the first place to leak it, let alone hack it? I wish they would just keep the leaks to themselves...
Hackers gonna hack. If you don't want to see the information then the onus is on you to not visit the places you know will be discussing it.

Personally, I can't wait to see the full dex of glorious Alola babies.

Hasty

Moonside
On the topic of Ash-Greninja, I don't think having Battle Bond as an Ability is that illogical. The Greninja is supposed to belong to Ash and the bond it has is actually the bond between it and Ash.

Why do people get so eager in the first place to leak it, let alone hack it? I wish they would just keep the leaks to themselves...
A mix of goodwill and wanting some internet fame, I guess? :p
You don't have to look if you can't accept the consequences, things like these leaks are teaching us how to control ourselves. :D

Orphalesion

Because some people want the information, I myself want to know the pokedex, and that's all I would look up if the demo was datamined. Would be pretty unfair to keep infor from people only because others don't want it wouldn't it?

Hauke_von_Arding

Because some people want the information, I myself want to know the pokedex, and that's all I would look up if the demo was datamined. Would be pretty unfair to keep infor from people only because others don't want it wouldn't it?

Without hacking you wouldn't have this infos either because Nintendo keep info from people. I want to have some surprices without knowing the whole dex at start. I just want the informations Nintendo is giving us.

Orphalesion

I want to have some surprices without knowing the whole dex at start.

And I don't. As I said I think it would be a good idea to create a spoiler thread IF the demo is data mined, that would make both groups happy. If you are concerned about social media there is a thing called a "Tumblr savior" (and another called "Washboard") that can filter out posts that contain "pokemon" (it's not 100% foolproof though I admit) and for twitter it is called a "twitter bookmarklet" so there are ways to work around.

Grey Wind

I feel like they'd take steps to ensure that the entire game doesn't leak with the demo, especially considering that it's a new generation and that ORAS already leaked this way. They've never been happy with the game leaking early in the past (weren't there a bunch of cease and desists sent out when BW leaked?) so I'd imagine they'd try and prevent it.

The amount of data in the demo is kind of suspect though.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
So we know CoroCoro is gonna talk about Type:Null, I'm interested in learning more about this hybrid creature... Wonder what secrets it holds
Everytime I see it, I think of Vaporeon.. The tail, albeit not identical, makes me think of Vaporeon. The feet remind me of Haxorus.

B. Thunder Tiger

Regarding the theory and discussion about the Starters having split forms/Z-forms or not, I have something new to suggest. First off, it was said that the secret of Rockruff isn't the same exact one as the Starters no? Well, what if the following was true:

The starters have split forms, but they aren't triggered in the same way as Rockruff. In other words they don't have version exclusive forms like Rockruff does. Instead, to trigger these different evolutions, what if they need to hold certain starter exclusive Z-Crystals instead, and be leveled up at day or night, thus triggering the ability to evolve into a different form depending on their Z-Crystal they hold? Now, the leaked evos we have seen, may or may not be part of this/ or they may be the original natural evolutions instead, whereas the Z-Crystal method, if true, may allow players to actively decide their final form, while in addition granting the starters their own signature Z-Move.

The basis of this theory goes back to Rockruff, who as we know, is Rock type, and the Z-Crystals, or crystals in general, are minerals. In short, could it be that the starter secret is a Z-Crystal triggered evolution method, that in addition may be triggered by day/night or not. This may explain why the starters were featured in the same page as Rockruff stating they had secrets too, but didn't have/share the exact same method as people pointed out.

Now, given, it could be a limited number of Z-Crystals, or just certain special ones designed solely for the Alola starters to use for evolution. This could kind of, maybe, justify the commonly speculated term "Z-Forms" that people have been throwing around lately. It also adresses the concern for people who hate Version Exclusive Evolutions and want full control of this aspect. Granted, Z-Crystals can still be version exclusive. Take it as how you will.

Once more, this is just speculation, and not fact, but what does everyone else think about this possibility? Is it manageable?

In a simpler form, here is what I mean ultimately:

1. Each of the starters has their default final evolutions, which may be or not be the leaked concept arts and is reached by mere level up, and is meant for people who don't want to go through the trouble. This requires nothing special.

2. Alternate Z Evolution Forms - which is triggered by holding a Z-Crystal in either of the two following methods described below (may be more.)

Method 1:
They each have a special exclusive Z-Crystal that triggers a different Evolution form after level up and is different from their default evolutions.

Method 2:
They each have a special exclusive Z-Crystal that triggers a different Evolution form after level up,and is different from their default evolutions. In addition, this method is also influenced by day or night time.

Note, it can be one of the two methods, not both.

Last edited:

mxmearcstapa

Goomy Enthusiast
In a simpler form, here is what I mean ultimately:

1. Each of the starters has their default final evolutions, which may be or not be the leaked concept arts and is reached by mere level up, and is meant for people who don't want to go through the trouble. This requires nothing special.

2. Alternate Z Evolution Forms - which is triggered by holding a Z-Crystal in either of the two following methods described below (may be more.)

Method 1:
They each have a special exclusive Z-Crystal that triggers a different Evolution form after level up and is different from their default evolutions.

Method 2:
They each have a special exclusive Z-Crystal that triggers a different Evolution form after level up,and is different from their default evolutions. In addition, this method is also influenced by day or night time.

Note, it can be one of the two methods, not both.

I've been wondering myself if Z-crystals would be a thing for starters. It could potentially even be for Rockruff/Lycanroc as well, it just hasn't been revealed, maybe? This might be kind of a stretch, but what about forms? Solgaleo and Lunala have the mysterious Radiant Sun Phase and Full Moon Phase respectively, and as far as I know, it hasn't been clarified what those forms are or how they get into them or why or what for. Perhaps this could be so for the starters as well?

B. Thunder Tiger

I've been wondering myself if Z-crystals would be a thing for starters. It could potentially even be for Rockruff/Lycanroc as well, it just hasn't been revealed, maybe? This might be kind of a stretch, but what about forms? Solgaleo and Lunala have the mysterious Radiant Sun Phase and Full Moon Phase respectively, and as far as I know, it hasn't been clarified what those forms are or how they get into them or why or what for. Perhaps this could be so for the starters as well?

If I'm right, they are solely triggered by the use of their signature moves, that being Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam respectively.

mxmearcstapa

Goomy Enthusiast
If I'm right, they are solely triggered by the use of their signature moves, that being Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam respectively.

I do believe that's been implied, but it's still unclear (at least to me). Is it just the name of the way they look when they use their signature moves? Or is there more to it? Some sort of lasting effect? Otherwise, why mention them having the forms at all?

Galvantulaman

Back on the hack topic... i genuinely dont get how hackers gonna get ALL SM info if this is just a demo. IMO if i was a developer and knew it all leaked back in ORAS, then i wouldn't code everything in SM demo. Just the necessary.
Please feel free to point put something I'm not seeing

B. Thunder Tiger

I do believe that's been implied, but it's still unclear (at least to me). Is it just the name of the way they look when they use their signature moves? Or is there more to it? Some sort of lasting effect? Otherwise, why mention them having the forms at all?

You have a point there. All I can say is....who knows?

Not exactly. We know only they have a secret. It still could be the same secret this is still possible.

But wasn't it a mistranslation on the part that they shared a secret? Or could they still have the same secret but they don't share it?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

It's unfair to keep info away that you aren't supposed to know in the first llace?

TyLogic

And I don't. As I said I think it would be a good idea to create a spoiler thread IF the demo is data mined, that would make both groups happy. If you are concerned about social media there is a thing called a "Tumblr savior" (and another called "Washboard") that can filter out posts that contain "pokemon" (it's not 100% foolproof though I admit) and for twitter it is called a "twitter bookmarklet" so there are ways to work around.

The a great idea!

I care but don't at the same time. I'm just a little disappointed because the game might be spoiled for me. I completely understand wanting to know the full pokedex. I kind of do myself. I just don't like plot related spoilers.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
hey just wondering since I don't knoe how file storage etc works, since this game is 3.2 GB compared to Oras's 1.8, does that inply this game will have significantly more pokemon, longer story, much bigger region etc, or could it all just be more encrypted data, overworld graphics updates etc?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
hey just wondering since I don't knoe how file storage etc works, since this game is 3.2 GB compared to Oras's 1.8, does that inply this game will have significantly more pokemon, longer story, much bigger region etc, or could it all just be more encrypted data, overworld graphics updates etc?

Graphic updates are probably going to consume the most of the file size. Longer story doesn't have a huge impact, considering it just relies on the envrionment and region graphics, while the region being considerably large is directly related with overworld graphics. Text documents do not take much space.

To be honest, I'm surprised that S/M is almost XY and ORAS combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.