• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

You don't like Ash-Greninja? Well, if you don't, people have their opinions I guess.

I don't care for Ash-Greninja, so it's not like I'm dying to get it. I just really don't want to wear out the starters if they're in the demo.

Simple things, like hearing their cry, watching them battle, hearing the music, seeing the graphics, playing with pokemon in Poke Refresh, speaking to the Rotom in the pokedex... If they are all in the demo, I don't want to spoil how it will feel. Maybe I shouldn't get the demo...

Yeah I'm super excited to play this demo. Though not as excited for Ash-Greninja but I'd like to get a feel of how Sun and Moon is going to play as. Sure there wont be a lot of stuff revealed. Let's hope they learned their lesson from ORAS demo

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I wouldn't expect anything else. Last month was pretty disappointing. Literally just Lycanroc. Not even a type reveal.

Well I mean what else did you expect when they said an exclusive scoop on Rockruff's evolution?

Other than that we saw two Ultra Beasts, but of course they wouldn't add anything else in there to take from Lycanroc's spotlight.

Orphalesion

You don't like Ash-Greninja? Well, if you don't, people have their opinions I guess.

Well I dislike Ash and don't care for Greninja, so a combination of those two (figuratively speaking) leaves me cold.

I'm looking forward to hear what other people experience with the demo (both on here and IRL) and I hope it gets datamined so I can look up the pokedex, but I don't want to experience the game (even part of it) for myself before I have the whole thing.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Anyone know when we will get CoroCoro leaks? Today or tomorrow? Super excited for the demo.
There is literally zero point in asking when we will get leaks. Leaks happen almost entirely randomly when someone who happens to get a copy of the magazine early also happens to be someone willing to risk taking pictures and putting them online. The only reason we can roughly estimate is that it tends to get shipped out to stores a couple of days before it is officially supposed to be sold on the 15th. How many days fluctuates depending on hundreds of things we have no way of knowing, like delivery routes, delays with the publication itself, even so much as weather conditions. So no-one is going to be able to tell you if it will be today or tomorrow, or even if it will leak at all before the 15th.

Bus

No, they do not. Generally my rule of thumb is, starting on the 10th, if it doesn't leak within the first couple hours of me being awake (EST), it probably won't leak that day.

As simple as that sounds, that's probably a pretty good assumption. These things spread fast; if you dont see anything posted by noon at the latest, then it probably wont be that day that it leaks. You'll just have to wake up excited each day for the next couple of days until it finally happens lol.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
As simple as that sounds, that's probably a pretty good assumption. These things spread fast; if you dont see anything posted by noon at the latest, then it probably wont be that day that it leaks. You'll just have to wake up excited each day for the next couple of days until it finally happens lol.

Exactly. There's a 13 hour difference with Japan so presumably people are going to be sleeping right now as it's 12:33am over there. There is of course always the chance that it leaks in the late evening, but that seems less frequent than the middle of the night.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I guess the only thing i would like to know, if the demo is datamined, is just the number of new pokemon they added (alolan forms excluded). Kalos's lackluster 72 without even a legendary non main trio was sad. I'm positive about gen 7 and i'm expecting at least 100 completely new pokemon. I know alolan forms will bring the potential number of new ones down but i'm confident they heard the complaints about XY "shortage" of new pokemon and won't disappoint this time.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I guess the only thing i would like to know, if the demo is datamined, is just the number of new pokemon they added (alolan forms excluded). Kalos's lackluster 72 without even a legendary non main trio was sad. I'm positive about gen 7 and i'm expecting at least 100 completely new pokemon. I know alolan forms will bring the potential number of new ones down but i'm confident they heard the complaints about XY "shortage" of new pokemon and won't disappoint this time.

I wouldn't mind if we got less than 100 Pokémon again, because that allows them to make more quality designs. It's why I love the majority of Gen VI Pokémon designs,, they are so good and memorable, to me at least.

And I still insist Type: Null is a one-of-a-kind Pokémon.

What are the chances that the new info we will get Oct 14th will be the same of the corocoro leaks?

The chances of overlapping content is very high. But CoroCoro tends to have exclusive content that isn't put in trailers until later in the month. The same is true for the trailers that air around CoroCoro's release, they also tend to have something in them that isn't included in CoroCoro.

So judging by previous months CoroCoro and the 14th trailer will likely have overlapping content but also reveal exclusive things each.

The-Magic-Sword

What are the chances that the new info we will get Oct 14th will be the same of the corocoro leaks?

Very High, that's happened a few times now- the only catch is that they might have overlapping but not identical information, which has happened a couple of times now- it usually works out so that we find out about something in corocoro, then get details and video shortly after. We've even gotten extra new pokemon revealed that weren't in corocoro in the video that rehashed the corocoro info

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, for XY, they at least had the excuse that they had to make 3D models for everything. They don't have that excuse this time, so I imagine that there will be more new Pokemon than XY.

And anyway, even without assuming certain Pokemon like Wimpod, Komala, Bounsweet, Jangmo-o, etc. evolve and assuming the Chinese riddler is accurate, we're already up to around 60-ish new Pokemon, aren't we? I think we're pretty much guaranteed to have more Pokemon than XY this time around. The only question is how much more.

Personally I don't care how many new Pokemon we get. Alolan forms are essentially new Pokemon in everything but name, and I feel like GF doesn't want to introduce a crap ton of new Pokemon at once because they don't want the Pokedex to get too big and too overwhelming for new players. We're probably never going to see anything like Gen V ever again, for instance.

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
You know what will be cool?

" - Rival is about to send Ninetales, would you like to change pokémon?

- Yes. Go Krookodile!

- Rival sent out (ALOLAN) Ninetales

- DAMN, I FORGOT IT ISN'T FIRE TYPE!"

I still do this with Clefable, I forget that it's now Fairy and sent out a fighting type to counter it XD

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
yeah XD i still don't remember the fairy type or new steel type matchups sometimes and either switch when i don't need to or don't switch and regret it immediately after making the choice. especially for the resisted ones like fire types for fairies or, as you said, normal types that became fairies and i don't switch out/switch in a fighting type.

Now with alolan forms it's going to be even harder, especially if you don't get spoiled on the new ones and end up facing a kahuna's last pokemon that's in it's alolan form is a counter for your counter of the original one. The only ones that are like this so far are sandshrew/sandslash and vulpix/ninetales when if you send the usual counter you're screwed.

Last edited:

TyLogic

You know what will be cool?

" - Rival is about to send Ninetales, would you like to change pokémon?

- Yes. Go Krookodile!

- Rival sent out (ALOLAN) Ninetales

- DAMN, I FORGOT IT ISN'T FIRE TYPE!"

I still do this with Clefable, I forget that it's now Fairy and sent out a fighting type to counter it XD

Yeah, I thought the same thing! :D

Someone suggested that there would probably be trainers that specialize in alola forms. That way, you'd know that all of their pokemon would be alola forms. I think someone else said that it would probably say "A-Ninetales" instead (Unlikely, but it's a thought). I think that, for example, Alolan Sandshrew would be the only form of Sandshrew you get until postgame.

Robotnikthedrap

Say; I haven't been around about in a good while, but I just stumbled upon this article, and I'm not sure if it's already been discussed:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokemo...volutions-and-typings-entire-alola-dex-562251
It's certainly nothing more than rumor at this point, as always, but the "Chinese riddler" potentially leaking the entire pokedex typing arrangement for the alola region could warrant some attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.