• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I agree I'm a little concerned that someone is "leaking" info but not pictures. It would just as easy to take a picture as it would be to post info

Some people are really paranoid about posting certain scans. The grimer was probably arbitrarily considered "safe"

There was one time, I think, where the PWT in BW2 was revealed, but the guy did a similar thing to now. Only posted one screen and was just text leaking otherwise. I think it wasn't until sunyshore went out and got their copy that we got full scans.

My favorite is the one time a guy got corocoro and was posting full page photos of assorted stuff in the magazine, but didn't post the pokemon pages out of spite

TyLogic

Give it a couple of days. People will buy the magazine and send all of the photos then.

Isn't that on the 15th though? Or can it be earlier?

It'd be weird if we got the new information on the 14th, and then got the CoroCoro scans.

R_N

Isn't that on the 15th though? Or can it be earlier?

It'd be weird if we got the new information on the 14th, and then got the CoroCoro scans.

Well, I'm not sure about Japan, but I know america will sometimes put stuff out a day or so before the actual release date. I imagine it's easier to put a magazine on shelves earlier than a game

BlitzGirl41

Alohan grimer is just a cheap replacement for an actual new dark type.

Agreed. I'm also bothered by its typing making it no longer vulnerable to Psychic types. I swear, Psychic types have been really screwed in recent gens.

TyLogic

I like Alolan Grimer. Grimer was extremely simple in my opinion. Alolan Grimer's design looks more aesthetically pleasing. I wonder how it's a Dark-type though.

Akashin

What is even happening with the leaks? Are you really expecting me to believe someone leaked one picture and got tired and went to bed? Get real...

Is Alolan grimer even real? Its so weird that only one picture was leaked.

No, but you can believe that the leaker in question outright said he wouldn't be leaking any other images. Whether he's in bed or sitting at his desk laughing doesn't really make any difference.

TyLogic

Apparently from eating Alolan Garbage

I think there is more to it than that. Eating garbage doesn't necessarily make one "evil". However not all Dark-types are evil. Sometimes it just means that it fights dirty. Maybe, in Alolan Grimer's case, it literally fights dirty. Maybe it's sludge is different, and it can use it for some cheap tactic in battle. But that doesn't exactly explain how the sludge is different. What's in Alola's garbage that would make Grimer change?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
I think there is more to it than that. Eating garbage doesn't necessarily make one "evil". However not all Dark-types are evil. Sometimes it just means that it fights dirty. Maybe, in Alolan Grimer's case, it literally fights dirty. Maybe it's sludge is different, and it can use it for some cheap tactic in battle. But that doesn't exactly explain how the sludge is different. What's in Alola's garbage that would make Grimer change?

Team skull poisoned the water supply to create some evil Grimers for their Minions!!!

TyLogic

Team skull poisoned the water supply to create some evil Grimers for their Minions!!!

HAHA! :D

But maybe people in Alola threw away things that they are not supposed too.

Julia Artemis

Yeah, I watched it earlier and there aren't any spoilers. It's mostly just information we already knew.

there are subtle ones in terms of the music and how gameplay will be. I just thought I'd be safe and just make sure no one got mad, I'm glad to know that money will be easy to come by as that was a slight issue in X and Y at times.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Thinking about the demo, I wonder if we'll be able to select the language we can play it in (I can't remember if we could for the ORAS one). I plan on playing my Moon in Japanese so I'd much rather have a Japanese named Ash-Greninja. If not then I hope Battle Bond can be passed down to other Froakie so I can get a Japanese one that way. There's also the issue of getting a good nature on it. I don't want to have to reinstall the demo constantly just to get a good natured one like I would have had to do with the ORAS demo Glalie, if Battle Bond can't be passed down anyway.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!

Wait.....

This could actually.....

Be a decent back story for its from change....

I mean, it gains no distinct advantages from this change so maybe...

BlitzGirl41

Wait.....

This could actually.....

A-Grimer gets immunity and advantages against Psychic Pokemon, that's about all I can think of. Gotta hit them with just Fighting, Fairy (at your own risk due to Poison attacks), and Ground, now...

TyLogic

Wait.....

This could actually.....

Well, Team Skull's hideout was kind of filthy with trash everywhere... (If that was their hideout)

Julia Artemis

A-Grimer gets immunity and advantages against Psychic Pokemon, that's about all I can think of. Gotta hit them with just Fighting, Fairy (at your own risk due to Poison attacks), and Ground, now...

Poison typing gives it an advantage over Fairy and Fighting. So just ground pokemon now. God Alolan Muk makes me really terrified. Now thinking about using both Muk and Pallosand, my two amorphous monster aces!

Last edited:

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!

Ah
Yeah
Wasn't thinking this through

gliscor&yanmega

Poison typing gives it an advantage over Fairy and Fighting. So just ground pokemon now. God Alolan Muk makes me really terrified

Alolan Muk ends up with Levitate, then chills with its bestie Eelektross. But seriously, I'd like another no weakness Pokemon(Only possible with the help of Abilities now).

Status
Not open for further replies.