• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
I think the battle tree will have Cynthia, Blue, Red and Wally, other champions and some significant trainers e.g. Hugh, Cheren, and other rivals.

but not gym leader.

kemal07

Everything is awesome so far.

Is it too much to want all gym leaders , E4 and champions to appear randomly at the Battle Tree. It would honestly be awesome!
Or do you guys think they have only included a few memorable ones from each gen?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yes, Alola is building a pokemon league with elite 4 & champion.

Yes but do we actually get to face it in-game? It reminds me of the BF being built in ORAS, and yet we didnt get the chance to take part in it cuz it wasn't built yet..

Last edited:

Akashin

Yes but did we actually get to face it in-game? It reminds me of the BF being built in ORAS, and yet we didnt get the chance to take part in it cuz it wasn't built yet..

Yes we will. They wouldn't have showcased it in this trailer in the way they did if it were just going to be another ORAS Battle Frontier situation.

R_N

Everything is awesome so far.

Is it too much to want all gym leaders , E4 and champions to appear randomly at the Battle Tree. It would honestly be awesome!
Or do you guys think they have only included a few memorable ones from each gen?

I think it's definitely going to just be the upper tier memorables. Champions and I'd be really surprised if we didn't see N.

PWT could just reuse the sprite animations and only required making new ones for the hoenn dudes. I don't see them making several dozen new models just for the battle tree.
Also even the PWT didn't have the elite 4 (not even Koga) so I doubt they'd drag them out here.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Tapu FINI's Misty Surge not only summons Misty Terrain, but halves damage from Dragon-type moves for those on the ground. DAMN.

R_N

Tapu FINI's Misty Surge not only summons Misty Terrain, but halves damage from Dragon-type moves for those on the ground. DAMN.

That's something Misty Terrain itself does.
Same with Grassy Terrain and halving earthquake.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm still a bit overwhelmed right now.
SM confirmed to be the best Pokemon games ever.

I'm currently trying to process all of it lol

Grass/Ghost for Decidueye? Whoever called that earlier, you're a genie. I'm so glad it didn't remain Grass/Flying. That Ice weakness was already killing it's uses in competitive! But now it's got two immunities and STAB super effective on Ghost, Water, Rock, Ground, and Psychic! I was expecting Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground if it changed type but this is a pleasant surprise. Inciniroar being Fire/Dark was expected, and Primarina being Water/Fairy was to be expected ever since we saw Popplio get Disarming Voice.

Tapu Bulu being Grass/Fairy was a big surprise too, and not a good one. Fire/Fairy would've made a lot more sense and would've been way more unique. Tapu Fini being Water/Fairy is less of a surprise than that, but I thought it would've been Ghost/Fairy! Their Z-Move interests me greatly.

I'm a little interested as to why they revealed Cosmog though... Maybe it's not Lunala's pre-evo, but just a mini legendary?

Alolan Persian is gross.

PWT IS BACK AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE 3D CYNTHIA, RED, AND BLUE ARE HAWT HYPE.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

That's something Misty Terrain itself does.
Same with Grassy Terrain and halving earthquake.
Well, if Dragon types weren't nerfed in Gen VI, they definitely will be now! Plus, maybe this will mean the end of Earthquake spammers

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Even without wasting a turn Grassy Terrain remains pretty useless. Same goes for Misty Terrain. The only way I can see those two surge abilities being used interestingly is when switching in into opponents though that is not that difficult to prepare for when creating a team.
Electric Surge in combination with Alolan Raichu's ability seems quite interesting however. Same goes for Psychic Surge and its protection from priority moves.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
With the Battle Tree, I'm expecting every protagonist, rival and Champion to appear.
It may not be as huge as the PWT (with the Gym Leaders), but I think it's still awesome.

To see them in glorious 3D. Just wow.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
With the Battle Tree, I'm expecting every protagonist, rival and Champion to appear.
It may not be as huge as the PWT (with the Gym Leaders), but I think it's still awesome.

To see them in glorious 3D. Just wow.

I wonder if we will finally get to see hilda/hilbert.

gliscor&yanmega

Battle Tree is pretty cool, was a little disappointed they were using 3 Pokemon but released this is the Battle Tower of Alola so that's better since now it'll be more difficult. Hoping they'll add in all the big characters, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champions, rivals, and villain teams maybe? Getting to battle an older Red and Blue/Green is pretty cool too, seems they aren't a part of the Battle Tree themselves but have full teams so that's nice too. Pretty excited, just about 3 more weeks.

R_N

Even without wasting a turn Grassy Terrain remains pretty useless. Same goes for Misty Terrain. The only way I can see those two surge abilities being used interestingly is when switching in into opponents though that is not that difficult to prepare for when creating a team.
Electric Surge in combination with Alolan Raichu's ability seems quite interesting however. Same goes for Psychic Surge and its protection from priority moves.

I think how useless they are is dependent on how useful their Tapus are. If those Tapus are still playable, then you need to account for the terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.